Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Croatia, Yugoslavia, and Romania will make it through the finals, deffinitely. Bulgaria has some minimal chances, so it is very possible that four Balkan teams will make it to the finals. May be Greece and Turkey can also go there (but it's too much dreaming for me to see all these teams at the finals).
There is only one thing about Croatia that troubles me. I have not seen enough talents from there, since I watched their chief teams Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split (the last I watched alive) I must say I'm not very impressed. Though some of the older guys Maric, Simic, and Rukavina are still in shape.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yep, he's talent. Gudelj is also good, but I seem not able to think of more. I'll try to remember cauz I'm not so familiar with their full careers, and what I saw from some of these guys did not impress me much. Anyway, they beated Yugoslavia under 21 with 4 or 5 to 1, so there might come up some talents. :)
Anyway, Kezman, Pjanovic, and Niculae seem more famous here.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Juventus#1, he is not playing anywhere because he is injured. Otherwise, I think there is nothing to take him out of the squad, but he'd probably miss Euro :( .

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
giani 82, there is talk that he retired from the national team

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard it on tv a few months ago but I havn't heard anything new since

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
giani & juvefan#1: Yup it's true Boban retired from the national team after they failed to qualify for euro2000. His reason was his injuries. He will retire from football overall after his contract with AC Milan runs out.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yep, he's getting older. ;)
I also don't expect Balakov to last till the WC. I've also heard Hagi is retiring. :( I guess we should make the best ceremonies for these guys.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree, these guys are worth every penny they've made!!! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts