Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Croatia strolled to a comfortable 4-0 win over Japanese club Toyama Dreams on Sunday thanks to goals from Niko Kovac, Davor Suker, Anthony Seric and Goran Vlaovic.

Croatia coach Mirko Jozic admitted after the game that he had asked his players to keep energy in reserve for their opening World Cup match against Mexico on June 3.

"I substituted all my players and told them not to play with all their strength," said Jozic. "This was purely a warm-up for the Mexico game."

Midfielder Kovac opened the scoring on 4 minutes, after driving goalkeeper Hirachi's weak punch into the net.

Suker then doubled the lead just before half-time, converting Robert Jarni's cross into the top-right corner.

Croatia came out in the second-half with a completely different team, and created a hatful of chances before Seric finally got the third, driving home from 20 yards when surrounded by Japanese players.

Vlaovic made it four in the last minute, tapping the ball home after a great run and cross by Milan Rapaic.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Croatia striker Davor Suker insisted Sunday's friendly win against Toyama Dreams was a valuable exercise despite the comfortable 4-0 scoreline.

Croatia strolled to victory against the Japanese club side and Suker claimed the game represented a vital stage in the team's acclimatising process.

"We needed this win just to increase our confidence," he said. "We tried to play in exactly the same way we will play Mexico.

"We also had to deal with exactly the same conditions, the same heat and the same pitch difficulties that we will against Mexico."

He added: "We have seven days left before our first game so that is plenty more to finalise our preparations."

Croatia kick off their Group G campaign against Mexico on June 3 before matches against Italy and Ecuador.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
ah croguy, a little late there man ;)

good report though :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
jebote i'm getting butterflies just thinking about the Mexico match. this is too much to bear. Only 2 more sleeps till the World Cup begins which means 5 more sleeps before Hrvatska play. i'm getting that numb feeling in my elbow now.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know Ero, ;)

but it is interesting to note that when Vugrinec and Rapaic played (in the 2nd half) our offense was much better. oh and Vlaovic! ;)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I know man, I've been in a daze for a week, I'm nervous as hell !!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hehe ye me too.. we r as nervous as hell now.. god help us on gameday :nervous:

I cant wait to see our lads lined up with the national anthym playing in the background.. its gonna make the hairs on my neck stand on end.. i gotta admit the anthym part pumps me up something fierce.. gets the blood rushing through the veins :D:heart:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, until yesterday i was not that nervous

Well, its official. I am freaking out. :eekani:

VIVA CROACIA!

Z.D.S.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Yeah the nerves are starting to get to me too! My hands are shaking so much that it took me 15 minutes to write this post:stress:

;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanx a lot guys. Now I'm nervous as hell. Got goosebumps just reading the posts. Then I got more goosebumps when I looked at Ero's avatar, The waving Croatian flag, and thought about how that is what it's all about. Some of our relatives left for other countries and were blacklisted, unable to see their family for years because of what that flag stands for. Although we hope that Cro wins, just watching their games (although nervous as hell) we will all be proud and may have a few teary eyes to go along with it. As Miro Baresic always said:

"Sve za Hrvatsku"

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Since I've been talking about it all year everyone at work keeps askig me questions like "so when's that World Cup of yours starting?" I wish they wouldn't because I can't concentrate on work as it is.:)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I totally agree. Just bring on Mexico already, this is killing me. MY TYPOS ARE GONE PEOPLE, I'M TOO NERVOUS !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts