Xtratime Community banner

6561 - 6580 of 6619 Posts

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
Lokomotiva manager Goran Tomic is expected to be the new U21 manager after Gracan is sacked, all this is yet official but the media seems to write this as fact once the HNS have their next meeting

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
It appears Gracan is staying and Suker’s insistence that he be sacked has cost him support from the HNS executive committee and he likely won’t be the “president” by the end of the year :howler:

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
It appears Gracan is staying and Suker’s insistence that he be sacked has cost him support from the HNS executive committee and he likely won’t be the “president” by the end of the year :howler:

I’d rather have Šuker as Prez than Gračan as Izbornik any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
Gracan names the squad for the new cycle of U21 qualifying, they play a friendly against UAE first on September 5 before they open the qualifying against Scotland on September 10 in Sibenik. As mentioned above, Gracan will remain the manager despite Suker wanting to sack him, the belief is Rijeka chairman Miskovic pretty much 'saved' him

For some reason there are 9 players in reserve and only 18 players called up, I'm sure more will be added as the games get closer

Goalkeepers: Adrian Semper (Chievo Verona), Dinko Horkas (Dinamo Zagreb)
Defenders: Borna Sosa (Stuttgart), Branimir Kalaica (Benfica), Domagoj Bradaric (Lille), Luka Hujber (Lokomotiva Zagreb), Bosko Sutalo (Osijek)
Midfielders: Luka Ivanusec (Dinamo Zagreb), Lovro Majer (Dinamo Zagreb), Nikola Moro (Dinamo Zagreb), Kristijan Bistrovic (CSKA Moscow), Mihael Zaper (Osijek), Ivan Lepinjica (Rijeka), Darko Nejasmic (Hajduk Split)
Forwards: Sandro Kulenovic (Legia Warsaw), Antonio Marin (Dinamo Zagreb), Ivan Dolcek (Hajduk Split), Mario Cuze (Istra 1961)

Reserves: Nediljko Labrovic (Sibenik); Bruno Bogojevic (Slaven Belupo), Josko Gvardiol (Dinamo Zagreb), Marin Sverko (Mainz II), Vinko Soldo (KuPS), Hrvoje Smolcic (Rijeka), Matko Zirdum (Slaven Belupo), Marko Divkovic (Dunajska Streda), Ante Palaversa (Oostende)

The CB situation is pretty alarming from this list alone, midfield looks good while we will really see how reliable Kulenovic is this season, he is starting for Legia but not scoring much so far

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
That's strange since all of the HNS' decisions over the last 25 years have been brought unanimously by the IO..:D

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
U21s beat UAE 3:0 in Velika Gorica, goalscorers were Majer, Ivanusec (pen) and Bistrovic. Here was the lineup: Semper (Horkas); Hujber (Zirdum) - Kalaica - Sutalo - Sosa; Nejasmic (Lepinjica) - Ivanusec (Bistrovic); Cuze - Majer - Bradaric (Marin); Kulenovic

They open their qualifying on Tuesday against Scotland in Sibenik

U20s drew 4:4(!) against the Zagreb County U23 selection, though the game was played at a festival-like atmosphere to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the ZNS. They play tomorrow against France

U19s drew 0:0 with Russia who ended the match with 9-men

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
We used to say this at the Serbian forum for the last decade as well. We had a strong midfield at the 2010 world cup.

Lane Jovanovic at Liverpool, Krasic at Juventus, Stankovic and Kuzmanovic at Inter Milan.
Then guys like Vidic, Bane, Kolarov, and Subotic in defense.

The reality is we missed like 20 crated chances per game. We created a bunch of them through our midfield alone but when you don't have a proper goalscorer, it doesn't work. With our headless chicken in Pantelic and our giraffe, Nikola Zigic, it wasn't going to work. You might get away with it one game like we did against Germany when we beat them that year at the WC. However, you eventually get exposed in the other games.

I think you guys are going to have a bit of a crisis if you don't develop a proper striker at some point. You'll see at this tournament. If you make it out of the group, it means you created a sh*t ton of opportunities from your midfield and it will take a 5* performance from both Brekalo and Vlasic like I mentioned earlier.

But I hope we do meet in the finals. We have some unfinished business with you guys at this level :D

You guys really do a lot of trash talking for a team that is mediocre at best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
UEFA lists the lineup as 4-4-2 with Bradaric as striker

Semper
Hujber-Kalaica-Sutalo-Bradaric
Ivanusec-Nejasmic-Moro-Majer
Bradaric-Kulenovic

Weird lineup, four central midfielders and two left backs and not sure what Hujber usually is...Gracan

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
U21s lose 2:1 to Scotland conceding twice in the final 10 minutes, the winning goal for them coming from an awful free kick by Ivanusec which didn’t beat the first man, Sosa getting outmuscled but did well to recover but unfortunately for him his clearance went to a Scottish winger who crossed for the goal. Sosa and Hujber were awful, Bradaric is wasted playing some weird position here and might as well call him into the A squad. Gracan will probably live on to **** this cycle too

Scotland aren’t any good but they were aggressive and physical while our players got frustrated because of that

The clown coaching the U19s could be worse looking at his early results

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
Well looks like he resigned, don’t know why they even bothered keeping him (well we know why we just can’t say it on XT). Watch Super Joe replace him with his 0% win percentage with the u19s or the brilliant Ogi Vukojevic

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Well looks like he resigned, don’t know why they even bothered keeping him (well we know why we just can’t say it on XT). Watch Super Joe replace him with his 0% win percentage with the u19s or the brilliant Ogi Vukojevic
You have to live the #ZDS lajf to get any job in Croatia. For everyone else, its sell their shit and become the cheap labor in Ireland, Germany, etc...

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
Looks like they won’t rush with naming the new manager as the next game is against San Marino so possibly Vukojevic is the interim for that before the important games in November

Some other names being mentioned: Goran Tomic, Sergej Jakirovic and Goran Sablic

6561 - 6580 of 6619 Posts