Xtratime Community banner
541 - 554 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,869 Posts
Hope the day never comes again that a foreigner gets a call up to our NT.
Unfortunately, I think its guranteed that it will happen again. Take someone like Mierez at Osijek. He plays at a position of need for the NT (CF) and if he weren't tied to Aregentina internationally already, the HNS would be all over him. I bet if things were different and he hypothetically wasn't tied to Argentina, he'd be called during the upcoming WCQ's faster than you could say 'Dudu'.

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Jedvaj finally makes a move from Leverkusen. Hopefully he plays at Lokomotiv, will be straight back into the NT.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Jedvaj finally makes a move from Leverkusen. Hopefully he plays at Lokomotiv, will be straight back into the NT.
I'd probably take him over Škorić LOL (I know there are other options as well, I'm talking straight up Jedvaj vs Škorić)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Moving to the Russian League at his age seems more like a capitulation in his hopes of becoming a top player and just a money move. I see it the exact opposite as you do. He had his chances, not a high character individual. I would much rather give that spot to a Martin Erlic, highly rated player in Italy and better presence to have around imo.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Moving to the Russian League at his age seems more like a capitulation in his hopes of becoming a top player and just a money move. I see it the exact opposite as you do. He had his chances, not a high character individual. I would much rather give that spot to a Martin Erlic, highly rated player in Italy and better presence to have around imo.
Ćorluka moved to the same club/league at roughly the same age. Jedvaj has been a flop since leaving Dinamo, no question. Stayed way too long in a shit situation but he has some good qualities. Hopefully this change brings the best out of him.

With Vida and Lovren both well into their 30's come Qatar, if Jedvaj can start playing regularly in Russia there's no reason he can't get back into the mix. DCC, Gvardiol, Uremović, Jedvaj + the younger brigade Erlić, Šutalo, maybe Vušković etc.

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,869 Posts
If Jedvaj gets back into form, wouldn't actually mind him being a 'utility' player of sorts on the bench for the NT, given he's played every position on the backline. I think there is some value in that, but the days of him being in the conversation as a starter are over - unless his career takes a dramatic upswing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Jedvaj looked imperious in that friendly in Switzerland against Argentina, when he was, what, 19 or something. WTF happened?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
If Jedvaj gets back into form, wouldn't actually mind him being a 'utility' player of sorts on the bench for the NT, given he's played every position on the backline. I think there is some value in that, but the days of him being in the conversation as a starter are over - unless his career takes a dramatic upswing.
Vida and Lovren don't have long to go. After them only DCC is a lock. If Jedvaj plays regularly he'll figure seriously before too long, especially if we switch to a back three.

541 - 554 of 554 Posts