Xtratime Community banner
501 - 520 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I think Toljan has expressed to play for the USA as far as I can remember! But the young kid Antonio Trogancic who recently trained with the first team is Croatian yet Bayern prevents him to join the U17's call up! Scumbags those Bavarians! :pp
ok so the HNS knows about Trog at least, but what about the GK Lucic and the other Bayern youngster? Toljan never expressed USA from what I have seen, and neither USA nor Croatia had reaached out to him by 2013:

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/jeremy-toljan-is-earning-minutes-at-hoffenheim

·
Registered
70,095 Posts
Toljan will have trouble getting a US passport because of his situation, he is on the German U21 squad for the upcoming Euro though. He seems closer to his Croatian side than his American, as his American dad died before he was born

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
http://www.goal.com/hr/news/7081/hr...ć-moje-vrijeme-nije-prošlo-a-ne-znam-zašto-me

Strinić: Moje vrijeme nije prošlo, a ne znam zašto me izbornici zaobilaze

"Ne znam što bih vam rekao, moje je da treninram i igram, a na ostalo ne mogu utjecati. Uvijek sam se odazivao i uvijek ću se odazivati pozivu izbornika"

Ivana Strinića zaobišao je i novi izbornik Ante Čačić. Iako je pozicija lijevog beka dugogodišnji hrvatski problem, branič Napolija ponovno neće među kockaste.

"Nikad nisam imao nesporazume s trenerima i izbornicima, pa tako ni s Nikom Kovačem. Zamolio sam ga da me oslobodi obaveza kad mi je supruga trebala roditi, izašao mi je u susret, a na sljedeće dvije akcije nisam bio pozvan zbog ozljede. Zašto me nije zvao nakon toga, ne znam", rekao je Strinić za 24 sata.

Ispred Strinića su Josip Pivarić, Danijel Pranjić, Marin Leovac, a po potrebi tu poziciju igra i Šime Vrsaljko.

"Ne znam što bih vam rekao, moje je da treninram i igram, a na ostalo ne mogu utjecati. Uvijek sam se odazivao i uvijek ću se odazivati pozivu izbornika, jer je igranje za reprezentaciju za mene čast. Reprezentacija je ipak reprezentacija. Smatram kako moje vrijeme nije prošlo, kako mogu dati još puno, a što će biti, to ne mogu predvidjeti."

·
Registered
70,095 Posts
Euro 2016 Qualifying Stats
Appearances (Minutes)
10 - Danijel Subasic (900), Ivan Rakitic (840)
9 - Darijo Srna (810), Domagoj Vida (810), Vedran Corluka (794), Ivan Perisic (778), Marcelo Brozovic (654)
8 - Mario Mandzukic (704), Luka Modric (561), Mateo Kovacic (440), Ivica Olic (331)
6 - Danijel Pranjic (521), Andrej Kramaric (174)
5 - Milan Badelj (202)
4 - Marko Pjaca (293), Nikola Kalinic (168)
3 - Sime Vrsaljko (198)
2 - Josip Pivaric (180), Gordon Schildenfeld (105), Alen Halilovic (96)
1 - Dejan Lovren (90), Hrvoje Milic (90), Ante Rebic (45), Nikica Jelavic (45), Duje Cop (29), Marin Leovac (1)

A total of 26 players used in qualifying

Players selected but didn't appear: Lovre Kalinic, Ivan Vargic, Ivan Strinic, Ivan Tomecak, Marko Leskovic, Matej Mitrovic, Tin Jedvaj, Duje Caleta-Car, Mato Jajalo, Domagoj Antolic, Marko Rog, Anas Sharbini, Mario Pasalic, Mijo Caktas, Mario Situm

*L. Kalinic, Vargic, Jedvaj, Sharbini, Jajalo, Leskovic, Pasalic, Strinic, Tomecak, Rog, Antolic and Mitrovic appeared in friendly matches

Only Situm, Caktas and Caleta-Car didn't make a single appearance, each were called up only once. Jelavic who made one appearance early in the campaign has since retired

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,869 Posts
We talked about him a while back but Christian Pulisic looks to be on track to get his first NT cap with USA during their upcoming qualifier

·
Croatia's kit though
13 Posts
Let Pulisic play for the USMNT. We have Vlašić, Pjaca, and Murić coming up.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
UEFA condolences for Croatia captain Srna - UEFA EURO - News - UEFA.com

UEFA condolences for Croatia captain Srna

UEFA has expressed its condolences to Croatia captain Darijo Srna, who has returned home after learning of the death of his father following Sunday's 1-0 win against Turkey.
Darijo Srna (Croatia)
UEFA has expressed its condolences to Croatia captain Darijo Srna, who returned home after Sunday's 1-0 Group D victory over Turkey following the death of his father, Uzeir.
"UEFA would like to extend its deepest sympathy to Darijo Srna and the Croatian Football Federation for the passing of the player's father. We are aware he has left the tournament to return home and spend time with his family. UEFA would like to express its solidarity with the Croatian captain and hopes to have him back at UEFA EURO 2016."

The 34-year-old right-back is attending his father's funeral in his home town of Metkovic today. The team have posted a photo on the association's official Instagram page, with a caption reading: "Dear captain, we are all with you and your family."

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
So I watched the Spain vs Croatia game for the second time and I wanted to make a few comments on Rog. I remember prior to the tournament starting I had a few questions about him. I really know little to nothing...I got some good feedback and now have made my own opinion based on the one game only.

First just let me say I don't think it was the perfect game for him as an attacking player, I think Spain pressed us very much when we got possession and I could see we tried to play quite a few long balls, he had little involvement in going forward and when he did, he lost a few balls and tried to force the play. I think he also made some great decisions but overall, his offensive contributions were a 5/10.

the defensive side of Rog is where I was most surprised. this kid has ENERGY! I was shocked at his work rate and tenacity...it's been a long time since we've seen someone in our squad play with such intensity and tenacity.

Rog was put into a game where he had to mark Iniesta, Fabregas, Nolito....Silva...Morata....and this is where I was impressed! he gave zero respect to any of them and played as if he is the boss and they are the balavci! I'm not in any way saying he played the perfect game but I can tell you as a player and observer...when you have someone that works as hard as he did and when you see a kid aggressively man mark Iniesta, Fabregas and the rest of them, with the level of aggression and the tempo he maintained for the duration he was on the field...the kid deserves a lot of praise. imagine playing beside him, in front of him or behind him and seeing him go into duels and closing down these Spaniards the way he did....I can tell you it is very inspiring to watch and I am 100% sure he lifted his teammates fighting spirit!

I've really only seen him play this one time, I think I saw with with the juniors teams in the past, but this game was memorable for me. I remember when Vukojevic was highly touted...this kid has surpassed any performance Vukojevic has ever played (yes, I know Badelj was playing the defensive position BUT Rog's role was clearly defensive) and even though I would have liked to see a little more offense from him, I was very happy with his contribution on that day! he gets an 8/10 for his defensive and tireless work and and overall grade of 7/10 for the game!

sometimes its what we don't see that makes the difference. Rog worked from the moment the first whistle blew until he was subbed out.

any comments?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great post Maradona. Yes i agree with you Rog was all over the field and did a great job of pressing the Spainish midfielders. He lost the ball a few times and tried to dribble to much but also had a few nice ball going forward. Kid played with no fear which is what i really loved about his performance against Spain. Rog can contribute more offensively and he was also great against Spain in the under 21 3-0 win.

·
Registered
70,095 Posts
Probably not a big deal at the end of the day as he was nowhere near the squad but Mato Jajalo has elected to play for BiH. He made two appearances for Croatia, both under Kovac in friendly matches against Argentina and Gibraltar. He also made the bench in a qualifier for Kovac against Italy

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Croats at Liga 5 and CL/EL clubs...64 players in total...

Goalkeepers
Danijel Subašić (31, Monaco)
Adrian Šemper (18, Dinamo Zagreb)
Dominik Livaković (21, Dinamo Zagreb)
Ivan Kelava (28, Granada)
Fabijan Buntić (19, Ingolstadt)
Ivan Vargić (29, Lazio)
Josip Posavec (20, Palermo)

Defenders
Šime Vrsaljko (RB, 24, Atletico Madrid)
Darijo Srna (RB, 34, Shakhtar Donetsk)
Ivan Strinić (LB, 29, Napoli)
Josip Pivarić (LB, 27, Dinamo Zagreb)
Borna Sosa (LB, 18, Dinamo Zagreb)
Hrvoje Milić (LB, 27, Fiorentina)
Marin Leovac (LB, 28, PAOK)
Branimir Kalaica (CB, 18, Benfica)
Domagoj Vida (CB, 27, Dynamo Kyiv)
Jozo Šimunović (CB, 22, Celtic)
Tin Jedvaj (CB, 20, Bayer Leverkusen)
Vinko Soldo (CB, 18, Dinamo Zagreb)
Gordon Schildenfeld (CB, 31, Dinamo Zagreb)
Filip Benković (CB, 19, Dinamo Zagreb)
Marko Lešković (CB, 22, Dinamo Zagreb)
Duje Ćaleta-Car (CB, 19, Red Bull Salzburg)
Petar Filipović (CB, 25, Austria Wien)
Dejan Lovren (CB, 27, Liverpool)
Mateo Pavlović (CB, 26, Angers)
Franjo Prce (CB, 20, Lazio)
Dario Župarić (CB, 24, Pescara)
Igor Bubnjić (CB, 24, Udinese)

Midfielders
Josip Radošević (DM, 22, Napoli)
Milan Badelj (DM, 27, Fiorentina)
Ivan Močinić (DM, 23, Rapid Wien)
Ognjen Vukojević (DM, 32, Austria Wien)
Ivan Rakitić (CM, 28, Barcelona)
Luka Modrić (CM, 30, Real Madrid)
Mateo Kovačić (CM, 22, Real Madrid)
Marko Pajač (CM, 23, Cagliari)
Domagoj Antolić (CM, 26, Dinamo Zagreb)
Domagoj Pavičić (CM, 22, Dinamo Zagreb)
Mario Pašalić (CM, 21, Chelsea)
Marko Rog (CM, 21, Dinamo Zagreb)
Marcelo Brozović (CM, 23, Inter Milan)
Bojan Knežević (CM, 19, Dinamo Zagreb)
Ante Ćorić (AM, 19, Dinamo Zagreb)
Filip Ozobić (AM, 25, Gabala)
Ivan Perišić (W, 27, Inter Milan)
Adnan Aganović (W, 28, Steaua Bucuresti)
Ante Rebić (W, 22, Eintracht Frankfurt)
Alen Halilović (W, 20, Hamburg)
Josip Brekalo (W, 18, Wolfsburg)
Robert Murić (W, 20, Pescara)
Andrija Balić (W, 19, Udinese)
Marko Pjaca (W, 21, Juventus)

Forwards
Mario Mandžukić (CF, 30, Juventus)
Nikola Kalinić (CF, 28, Fiorentina)
Ivan Santini (CF, 27, Caen)
Antonio Čolak (CF, 22, Darmstadt)
Ante Budimir (CF, 25, Sampdoria)
Stipe Perica (CF, 21, Udinese)
Marko Livaja (S, 23, Las Palmas)
Duje Čop (S, 26, Sporting Gijon)
Eduardo (S, 33, Shakhtar Donetsk)
Andrej Kramarić (S, 25, Hoffenheim)
Matej Jelić (S, 25, Rapid Wien)

·
dinamo67
9,925 Posts
Nice list. Lots of upcoming talent and thats not even all of them. Been really impressed with Pavicic every time he's played. He should be a starter by now for Dinamo.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I know this is gossip and I have no idea where I should make this comment so I'll do it here.

Is this old news??? Dejan Lovren's wife was cheating on him and he found out...

Has anyone else heard about this...am I the last to know?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
as I mentioned earlier on another thread that I watched the game on a satellite feed and the quality wasn't the greatest. with that said, I noticed a few moments where #7 Nikola Vlasic was involved. On at least 2 or 3 occasions in the first half I saw him quickly control the ball and break out. He looked really good, explosive, technical....

can anyone here tell me more about this kid? is he a good player?

·
Registered
216 Posts
as I mentioned earlier on another thread that I watched the game on a satellite feed and the quality wasn't the greatest. with that said, I noticed a few moments where #7 Nikola Vlasic was involved. On at least 2 or 3 occasions in the first half I saw him quickly control the ball and break out. He looked really good, explosive, technical....

can anyone here tell me more about this kid? is he a good player?
Vlasic is Hajduk's best player and if he was at Dinamo would demand over 10 million euros in a summer transfer. He stagnated for a while in 2016 but has really played well in 2017 since the Spanish coach Carillo took over. He was coming into that game in great form and it showed in his play in the first half against Mexico. What impresses me the most about Vlasic is how strong he is already at 19.

501 - 520 of 554 Posts