Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if it would be good idea to make a CRO NT player list a sticky on the Croatian Football forum. I think it would be handy to have something like that available not only for us regulars but also the many blow-ins and non-Croat users of this particular board.

Naturally players will be added and cut from the list as time goes.

The following is a list of players (and their details) that Bilić has: used, called up or talked about + a few youngsters likely to come
into the team in the near future.

GOALKEEPERS
Lovre Kalinić (3/4/90, 2.01) (Split, CRO) Hajduk Split
Danijel Subašić (27/10/84, 1.91) (Zadar, CRO) Monaco

DEFENDERS
Vedran Ćorluka (5/2/86, 1.93) (Derventa, BiH) Lokomotiv Moscow
Tin Jedvaj (28/11/95, 1.88) (Zagreb, CRO) Bayer Leverkusen
Dejan Lovren (5/7/89, 1.88) (Zenica, BiH) Liverpool
Hrvoje Milić (10/5/89, 1.83) (Osijek, CRO) Rostov
Danijel Pranjić (2/12/81, 1.71) (Našice, CRO) Panathinaikos
Gordon Schildenfeld (18/3/85, 1.91) (Šibenik, CRO) Panathinaikos
Darijo Srna (1/5/82, 1.82) (Metković, CRO) Shakhtar
Ivan Strinić (17/7/87, 1.86) (Split, CRO) Napoli
Domagoj Vida (29/4/89, 1.82) (Osijek, CRO) Dynamo Kiev
Šime Vrsaljko (10/1/92, 1.83) (Rijeka, CRO) Sassuolo

MIDFIELDERS
Milan Badelj (25/2/89, 1.86) (Zagreb, CRO) Fiorentina
Marcelo Brozović (16/11/92, 1.80) (Zagreb, CRO) Inter Milan
Alen Halilović (18/6/96, 1.70) (Dubrovnik, CRO) Barcelona B
Mateo Kovačić (6/5/94, 1.79) (Linz, AUT) Inter Milan
Luka Modrić (9/9/85, 1.73) (Zadar, CRO) Real Madrid
Ivan Perišić (2/2/89, 1.87) (Split, CRO) Wolfsburg
Ivan Rakitić (10/3/88, 1.84) (Mohlin, SUI) Barcelona

FORWARDS
Duje Čop (1/2/90, 1.87) (Vinkovci, CRO) Cagliari
Andrej Kramarić (19/6/91, 1.80) (Zagreb, CRO) Leicester City
Mario Mandžukić (21/5/86, 1.86) (Slavonski Brod, CRO) Bayern Munich
Ivica Olić (14/9/79, 1.82) (Davor, CRO) Wolfsburg

·
Registered
70,095 Posts
this just prooves that the whole disapora arguement people like the use is a joke, everybody acts like 80% of the team is not born in Croatia....:howler:

·
Banned
137 Posts
good stuff suhovare zd....realy detailed..and this way everybody can see where croatian NT players are making their money!!

to be honest, for 3, 4 players i had no idea where they play at!!
tnx bro...

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
Yeah its a good post:thumbsup: its very interesting!

we have young players with potentiel... for the futur, every players have a sub.
We have a great country of football and we can in the ranking with the best team of the world!!! :heart:

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
good thread...

·
Banned
137 Posts
with all respect to players and slaven bilic right now and their chemistry...i still think that we never gonna have better team then this one..and also think that this is the best european team in late 90-is..

LADIC
SOLDO
STIMAC
BILIC
JARNI
PROSINECKI
BOBAN
ASANOVIC
SUKER
BOKSIC
STANIC

·
Registered
23,039 Posts
I am pretty sure I heard Niko K was born in Zagreb. His dad was a player in Austria at the time and Niko grew up there I think but nevertheless born in Cro...

·
Banned
137 Posts
Ante said:
I am pretty sure I heard Niko K was born in Zagreb. His dad was a player in Austria at the time and Niko grew up there I think but nevertheless born in Cro...
niko kovac was born in berlin, but his parents come from nearby LIVNO !

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
3,660 Posts
Ante said:
Kranjcar was in fact born in Austria that is why his transfer to Portsmouth didn't have any work permit bullshit. Since he was born in what is now EU it made the transfer easy - it wouldn't have been a problem even if he was born in Cro as he would have met the criteria anyway.

·
Registered
23,039 Posts
BostonCroat said:
niko kovac was born in berlin, but his parents come from nearby LIVNO !
Not the Niko K I was talking about:frustrat:

:smileani:

·
Registered
23,039 Posts
baraba said:
Kranjcar was in fact born in Austria that is why his transfer to Portsmouth didn't have any work permit bullshit. Since he was born in what is now EU it made the transfer easy - it wouldn't have been a problem even if he was born in Cro as he would have met the criteria anyway.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say Niko K was in fact born in Zagreb. He grew up in Austria thus has citizenship there.

I could have swore I heard it somewhere...it actually might have been Cico himself who said this when he came to Oakville in response to someone calling his son an Austrian:eek:

Can anyone confirm if either I am rght or baraba is right?:confused:

Baraba-the loser buys the other a few brews at Monahan's the next qualifier that you come down to watch in Oakville. Deal?:party:

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know for sure if Pokrivač and Jertec were born in Varaždin? I read a while ago on another forum that both of them were indeed born there but I'm not totally convinced. Judging by the surname, Jertec probably was but I'm not too sure about Pokrivač.

ps. probably not all that important anyway. :happy:

·
Banned
137 Posts
i just saw on stupid wikipedia, it's says both places ..zagreb and wienna..i think that he was born in austria...and was traveling along w/his father...

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ante said:
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Niko K was in fact born in Zagreb. He grew up in Austria thus has citizenship there.

I could have swore I heard it somewhere...it actually might have been Cico himself who said this when he came to Oakville in response to someone calling his son an Austrian:eek:

Can anyone confirm if either I am rght or baraba is right?:confused:

Baraba-the loser buys the other a few brews at Monahan's the next qualifier that you come down to watch in Oakville. Deal?:party:
I've always known Niko to be born in Vienna and have never once heard or read anything different.

Actually, just did a quick search and found that some websites have him born in Zagreb. Anyway, as far as I know he's born in Beč...lol

·
Banned
137 Posts
Suhovare_ZD said:
Does anyone know for sure if Pokrivač and Jertec were born in Varaždin? I read a while ago on another forum that both of them were indeed born there but I'm not totally convinced. Judging by the surname, Jertec probably was but I'm not too sure about Pokrivač.

ps. probably not all that important anyway. :happy:

both of them born in varazdin!!

varteksovci...

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Niko Kranjčar u razgovoru za austrijski Sport Woche

U opširnom razgovoru Niko je objasnio da nije rođen u Beču nego u Zagrebu

Ante :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,039 Posts
Suhovare_ZD said:
Niko Kranjčar u razgovoru za austrijski Sport Woche

U opširnom razgovoru Niko je objasnio da nije rođen u Beču nego u Zagrebu

Ante :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
hehe I just searched and found that and was going to post it. great minds think alike.:pp

Baraba-make sure the brews are cold.:drunk: :smileani:

here's another quote I dug up..

Niko Kranjčar rodio se u Zagrebu, iako je obitelj već živjela u Beču. Otac Zlatko igrao je za vrlo jaki “Rapid” pod ravnanjem Otta Barića. “Rapid” je bio i Nikin matični klub, u kojem je tehnicirao s loptom do devete godine života. U Beču je krenuo i u školu. No, nakon što se obitelj vratila u Zagreb, Niko je znao samo za plavu boju. Igrao je u svim “Dinamovim” uzrastnim kategorijama i u svima je prednjačio
A nice story up until he later went down the coastline to another team...:)

·
Registered
70,095 Posts
Suhovare_ZD said:
Pokrivac grew up in Sveti Martin na Muri (don't know if he was born there though)

Jertec is born in Varazdin

1 - 20 of 554 Posts