Xtratime Community banner
6301 - 6315 of 6315 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think Croatia will still manage to barely qualify in a group that on paper should not be difficult to do so. Then Dalic and company will talk about it being a success like they did getting to the round of 16 at the Euro. It is the ol' use your incompetence to your advantage by making something that should be a given look like an accomplishment. It is a loser mentality and Croatia consistently produce enough quality where this shouldn't be the case.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Italy brought Mancini he cleaned house but he got rid of some deadweight but kept some old guys like the Chiellini/Bonucci he called allot of players. He created a very competitive open atmosphere but the key thing is he’s Mancini his resume has a large amount of pedigree he can do this and the players respect him.

Dalic has no resume and his continued existence is tied to making so old guys happy and keeping the Savez satisfied. I’m always amazed what a transition it’s for our players. Playing in these big clubs and great coaches. Than for the NT you come in and Ante Cacic is telling you what to do? An incredible 180

·
Registered
139 Posts

This was a statement performance but given the overall year he had in 2018 he should have been in the side in Russia as well. He was clear of Rebic and a few others, even back then.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
New HNS President. Brend Suker out. Marijan Kustić in. I wonder if we will see any significant changes
Kustić is from HDZ while Šuker was Mamić's man (who was just closely linked to HDZ).

If by significant changes you mean things like NT training camp, proper selection process for NT coach etc, doubt it.

·
Registered
70,218 Posts
Agree, though Kustic seems to have some sort of relationship with Hajduk while Suker had a more toxic personality (Kustic is more media/camera friendly let’s say). Also Suker was barely in Croatia, if the rumors are true he is basically in the US most of the time. But you won’t see widespread changes

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Kustić interview from yesterday...to get things straight, Šuker still had time to go with his mandate but the HNS assembly decided to hold elections early. This on the back of leaked conversations where Mamić is saying Šuker has to go. :D

Btw, yet another unanimous election/decision in the HNS. They're like North Korea.

-------

I wouldn't say I enchanted the HNS assembly members. I'll certainly operate in a different way [to the previous leadership]. I'm glad I got their unanimous support and for me it provides only further incentive. I'm convinced that with a team of people and new members on the executive committee that changes will happen.

I wouldn't say Zdravko Mamić got me elected. The assembly members had their say, Davor didn't nominate and he agreed with them. I thank them [assembly members] once again. I wouldn't say these talks happened by accident. The future will show who is leading the HNS.

Investment in our football infrastructure is long overdue. Hybid pitches have proven to be very good. It would be good to see work start on a new stadium in Maksimir. Investment in Poljud, the new stadium in Osijek, Rujevica...that's what we want. Our priority is qualification for Qatar.

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,918 Posts
the new stadium in Osijek, Rujevica...that's what we want. Our priority is qualification for Qatar.
I'll believe it when I see it...

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
884 Posts
Agree, though Kustic seems to have some sort of relationship with Hajduk while Suker had a more toxic personality (Kustic is more media/camera friendly let’s say). Also Suker was barely in Croatia, if the rumors are true he is basically in the US most of the time. But you won’t see widespread changes
It’s not rumors it’s true. He was constantly in Vegas gambling and using blow.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
New FIFA World Rankings released and Croatia down to 18th, no surprise.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Seeing on Twitter that Modrić confirms for WC2022 and will retire from intl duty after. Did Luka come out and say this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
No pain - No gain.
4,568 Posts
Official.

Mario Mandzukic has retired from football. He received two proposals as free agent in the last few weeks but final decision has been made. :( :( :(

24 career titles
230 goals
1x UEFA Champions League with Bayern
Scored in 2 UCL Finals (2013-2017)
1x FIFA Club World Cup
2x Bundesliga
4x Serie A
FIFA World Cup runner-up (Croatia’s best ever finish)
Scored in the WC Final for Croatia

Respect Mandza! 🧡

6301 - 6315 of 6315 Posts