Xtratime Community banner
6281 - 6300 of 6304 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Gabriel Vidović Interview Snippet

And when did they start calling you from Croatia? Who is responsible for the fact that you wear the Croatian kit?

“They started following me when I was much younger, but then I couldn't answer the calls because they wouldn't let me out of school, considering that my grades weren't very bright. It was also a signal to me that I needed to improve my learning. Interestingly, at the same time they called me from the German Football Association, that is, to play for the German national team. I was in their camp twice, in training, but I didn't play. And then Petar Krpan arrived in Munich, with a Croatian kit, we talked, and all that really touched and cheered me up, so I accepted the invitation from Croatia.”

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I'd permanently close the door on Rebic. He can't be this dumb to post garbage like that on social media. And "deleting" it doesn't do anything, posts are forever and there is no way out of this.

And changing his shoes right in the middle of a game...with half time literally minutes away shows he could give two s.hits. Its an unforgivable act of stupidity and defiance and not a team first guy. I don't care how good he is at Milan, he has to go. I can only imagine how furious Modric (and everyone else) was with Rebic. They are busting their a.sses off against Spain, leading the game...and htis idiot decides to change his f'ing boots while the play is on?

He worked like a dog in Russia to supplement Mandzo and Perisic up front but apart from the wonder goal vs the Argies, he doesn't produce for us ever. He got a lucky one away vs Hungary and I can't recall him doing much if anything else for the NT ever. He doesn't score, doesn't assist. Orsic in 10 minutes scored a goal, had an assist and his run along the touchline led to the glorious Krama chance in extra time. Rebic, did jack squat in every game he was on and put more pressure on us because he couldn't even hold up the ball. And his huge miss vs the Czechs was pathetic.

Sorry, Rebic's door to the NT must go. Don't let the door hit your a.ss on the way out Rebic. Be gone.
Agree with this 100%. Dude can get lost. Imagine being this level of shit for your national team but still feeling entitled. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
The post tournament fallout involving Dalic-Rebic looks like it might have some legs. Sportske Novosti dedicating a fair amount of space to it.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
The post tournament fallout involving Dalic-Rebic looks like it might have some legs. Sportske Novosti dedicating a fair amount of space to it.
I have always liked Rebic, even though I know he has severe hot and cold streaks.

My view on this is from Dalic's point of view. Dalic started Rebic out of position in games because he felt he needed the physicality of him, he needed pressing and speed...Rebic has all these qualities. From my view, it looked as if Dalic demonstrated an enormous amount of confidence in Rebic so Rebic's recent comments about Dalic seem quite revealing if you ask me.

Imagine your coach demonstrating/displaying 100% confidence in you and then you publicly shame him!

·
Registered
23,039 Posts
I have always liked Rebic, even though I know he has severe hot and cold streaks.

My view on this is from Dalic's point of view. Dalic started Rebic out of position in games because he felt he needed the physicality of him, he needed pressing and speed...Rebic has all these qualities. From my view, it looked as if Dalic demonstrated an enormous amount of confidence in Rebic so Rebic's recent comments about Dalic seem quite revealing if you ask me.

Imagine your coach demonstrating/displaying 100% confidence in you and then you publicly shame him!
Agreed.

Rebic if he cares about NT first needs to go where we need him. I liked the idea of him also running/pressing etc, he can be be beast with his physical tools and also plays on the edge, zero fear. Yet he s.hit the bed. If he had a half a brain, he never would have changed his shoes with minutes to go in the half....and our staff should have also told him to get back on the f'ing field.

His touch vs England was disasterous and kept losing the ball. And then against the Czechs was brutal as well...and that miss was horrible.

Upcoming qualifiers are all or nothing but I would not call him up again. Even a forced/fake apology wouldnt save him if I was making the call ups.

·
Registered
301 Posts

Stanišić je odbio Hrvatsku. Telefonski sam razgovarao s njegovim ocem, kazao mi je da u ovom trenutku ne bi prihvatio poziv iz Hrvatske. Kazao mi je otac da je Josipu menadžer Dieter Hoeness, brat Ulija Hoenessa, šefa Bayerna, a ima pretpoziv njemačke reprezentacije, što mu više znači. Nema ljutnje, tako je kako je", izjavio je svojevremeno bivši glavni instruktor Hrvatskog nogometnog saveza Sreten Ćuk.

This was posted on sportnet but maybe it is old.

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,869 Posts
Most teams have natural leaders, I think we lack in this category!
Wish we had a more vocal leader, like a Niko Kovac or even a Darijo Srna (minus all the diving and theatrics he did at the end).

Luka's leadership style is very much follow by his example and not a lot of getting in players faces and holding folks accountable. Always wished he was a little more forceful of a leader, on top of being an all universe player.

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
HNS nema komentara: Odluka je na izborniku

Dalić je početkom tjedna, objavio je RTL, održao sastanak s kapetanom Modrićem i senatorima u reprezentaciji. U izbornikovoj vili u Novalji našli su se Modrić, Ivan Perišić, Mateo Kovačić, Domagoj Vida i Šime Vrsaljko te su razgovarali o stanju u reprezentaciji. Razgovarali su o Rebiću i, kako se može čuti, suglasni su da se napadač Milana za sada udalji iz reprezentacije. Izbornik ga, kako sada stvari stoje, neće zvati za nastavak kvalifikacija u rujnu.

U HNS-u o tome ne žele govoriti i prebacuju mikrofone pred izbornika. Dalić nam je kazao da do rujna nema namjeru govoriti za medije, ali je istaknuo da sve ide prema planu koji je najavio, pa i razgovori s ključnim igračima reprezentacije.

"Odluka je u potpunosti na izborniku. Njegova je stvar hoće li zvati Rebića ili ne. Mi stojimo iza njegove odluke. Nisam još razgovarao s Dalićem, ali vidjet ću ga večeras na Pagu", kazao nam je Marijan Kustić, budući predsjednik HNS-a, koji se priprema za izbore 29. srpnja.

Dalić je na Pagu izgradio vikendicu 2017. godine. Luksuzna vila zove se Ainawi, smještena je u Novalji u prvom redu do mora. Nakon SP-a 2018. godine Daliću je u Novalji priređen doček te je proglašen počasnim građaninom otočkog grada.

Reprezentativci nakon sastanka kod Dalića na Pagu dolaze u Petrinju na humanitarni teniski turnir Zaklade Marin Čilić Trebao je doći i Rebić, ali njegovo ime nestalo je s popisa i iz ždrijeba turnira.

Hrvatska u rujnu ide na dva gostovanja, u Rusiju i Slovačku (1. rujna i 4. rujna), te kod kuće dočekuje Sloveniju (7. rujna).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wow, Dalic has completely lost the plot. If he stays on I don’t think Croatia will qualify. He’s the main reason the chemistry is shit. This confirms it. Once he gets the ok from his players to not call up Rebic he will take a “hardline” approach. He really has no balls.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Who knows what’s true or not, could be true a smoke screen whatever.

But I do think confirms the ever present group of that runs everything. This type of thing creates a poisonous atmosphere. Some guys are completely cemented into the starting 11. Vida is done in my eyes and Sime he needs to reprove himself. Don’t understand their importance? How does things like this create a competitive atmosphere.

I agree I 100% am nervous about missing the WC. I tend to think it’s a 50/50 proposition

·
Registered
301 Posts
Can't get why Vida and Vrsaljko are there participating to such discussions when them being in the squad should be questionned.
A joke.
This is what i thought about Modric he will leave with them.
Keeping Modric now means Keeping Lovren Vida Vrsaljko etc

Toxic.

·
Registered
420 Posts
There's nothing wrong with meeting with senior players and getting their input/advice. I think that's quite a normal thing in any job but I swear to God if Vida and Vrsaljko are starting come qualifiers...

We really do need to move on and start giving the youngsters a chance.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Is Dalić seeking advice or approval? Why does he have to meet the players and why those players?

How long are those guys going to be in the NT?

Apart from Kova by the time the next tourney comes around all of them except Vrsaljko will be at least 33 and Šime himself lost his starting position during the Euros.

They can say what they want but this kind of thing only causes division in the team and undermines Dalić's authority with the rest of the squad.

It's different if he talks with the captain about certain issues, that's fairly normal (as that's part of a captain's role. But if you're trying unify a group you can't have several guys the coach consults with on issues while the rest are left in the cold.

Dalić has no balls. If he needs to consult anyone on Rebić it's the HNS. But he wants the senior players' backing so he can share responsibility for any potential fallout (public or within the team). He's probably also trying to keep the senior guys onside because he knows what happened to the previous coaches.

If there are issues with squad chemistry, cohesion etc. it's Dalić's approach/mentality that's the biggest problem.

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,869 Posts
Is Dalić seeking advice or approval? Why does he have to meet the players and why those players?

How long are those guys going to be in the NT?

Apart from Kova by the time the next tourney comes around all of them except Vrsaljko will be at least 33 and Šime himself lost his starting position during the Euros.

They can say what they want but this kind of thing only causes division in the team and undermines Dalić's authority with the rest of the squad.

It's different if he talks with the captain about certain issues, that's fairly normal (as that's part of a captain's role. But if you're trying unify a group you can't have several guys the coach consults with on issues while the rest are left in the cold.

Dalić has no balls. If he needs to consult anyone on Rebić it's the HNS. But he wants the senior players' backing so he can share responsibility for any potential fallout (public or within the team). He's probably also trying to keep the senior guys onside because he knows what happened to the previous coaches.

If there are issues with squad chemistry, cohesion etc. it's Dalić's approach/mentality that's the biggest problem.
I think we are on the usual rinse and repeat cycle. Dalić is on rocky footing, I bet the remainder of the qualifying cycle will be a rollercoaster, we're going to go into the last 3-4 match days with our fortunes up in the air. We're going to have a stinker of a loss to someone 'below our level', the public and internal pressure will be too much and Dalić will get canned, with whoever we hire having months to formulate a strategy for Qatar.

6281 - 6300 of 6304 Posts