Xtratime Community banner
6261 - 6280 of 6304 Posts

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
To me, the problem came from the both sides. Dalic is a good man, a good person but his role was to drop Rebic from the team, because this thing for sure has started a long time ago.

And the Lovren strory was for sure about Rebic position in the team and words about Dalic made by Rebic in the dressing room. (to destroy Dalic reign because he was for him a poor coach and maybe for "helping" some others youngsters to find their places in the team, like Gvardiol or Ivanusec)

But all in all, this is maybe with the past Rebic words, that we had the chance to see Gvardiol and Ivanusec in the team. Without all this amount of shit, Gvardiol would always be on our bench...

Rebic is right on some points. We did really bad choices with this wonderful team we had in this tournament. But if Rebic thought that Dalic was bad, and ask for patriotism or whatever from the fans, HIS role was to give it all on the pitch... During the anthem he was really motivated, with eyes closed etc... but totally the opposite during the match!

Rebic has pointed some things that we've said during a long time here on XT. So why he didn't wanted to play and run on the pitch, when Mateo and Luka has ran all over the pitch? (the genius called by him, but they're genius only because they're working hard and respect coach decisions) Maybe he wanted to show that he never trusted in Dalic tactics, choices etc...

But finally, how can you talk about a bad management with the golden generation we had and in the same time help at this disaster by walking all around the pitch, and decide to change your shoes during the match when your team is leading against Spain, and not help the kid behind you, who is playing his first tournament. How?

Rebic is talking about pride, but he was the investigator of this sabotage and helped the team to fall...

For sure, Dalic choices weren't good at all. He is poor tactically but this wasn't the right way to react. Rebic acted like a kid, or an asshole kid. Dalic has always tried to give credits to his players, reach the best for them and the country. And play with pride... As a player you can be against your coach choices, but if you're professional, and if you love your country, you must to act like a man and a pro.

If Rebic has thought that Dalic was shit. He had the choice to refuse NT call for the tournament. Or refuse to play against Spain and give to Orsic a chance to show the strong desire he have to play for our NT, Dalic or not.

This is not a coincidence to see Rebic being friend with Zlatan at Milan. Rebic is well know the be a crazy and unstable boy, and this is why only Kovac had the key to help him to develop rightly and correctly. But with Dalic who is maybe too kind, Rebic took the ascendant over him. This kind of player needs to be out of an NT team when the coach is trying to create a group of players who are going in the same way or having a strong headcoach, able to maintain their dickheads (same players that we can see in the french team etc...).

I don't understand why and how Dalic (and maybe the Federation) didn't took any decisions over him few months earlier... I don't understand. Because all the things that we've seen during the past few months in the medias are clearly not false, Lovren story, but maybe also this story made around Brozovic vs Dalic, Dalic problems to manage his dressing room with some players unhappy about their positions in the team etc...

Remember that only 1 or 2 months before the tournament, Dalic has said that we didn't had a team. The team wasn't ready and we didn't had a team! Everything was said.

At this time, Dalic knew that we would be unable to accomplish something in this tournament, only because some players weren't focus about the team (he was unable to create a group of players and he missed guys like Mandzo, Suba etc... Because here, he was front of guys more focus on their status etc...). But the problem IS (and where Rebic is right) when you know which fruit is rotten in your basket, well, you take it out so that the other fruits won't rot. And how a coach can be considered as good, when he's unable to take this kind of decision?! How? Same when you have better "fruits" who are waiting on your table, same with some of our players presents on our bench...

Rebic was right on this point, Dalic was and is unable to take some decisions. He's like your friend, or dad in this team, but he's unable to take strong decisions. This also why he asked to the team if this was the right decision to drop Kalinic from the team... He was the coach!

Same when here, he said that he'll talk with Modric, Lovren and Vida about the future of the team. What the hell is that? He's THE coach! And for me, Modric and Co are too important in this team. He's the coach, and the others, needs to stay players!

And when some papers talked about Modric coach position in this team, I think this was right... And I don't like this... If one of your player have a coach position in your team, this means that you're unable to lead this team rightly and correctly! This maybe worked well with Ronaldo at Euro 2016, but we've seen where's Portugal now... For me, each roles needs to be clear, if not, players don't need to have a coach, and can play only by themselves.

I really love Modric, but I clearly don't like this situation with him in the team. Legend or not, Ballon d'Or or not.

Finally, yes Dalic did some poor choices with our youngsters, or players like Orsic or Budimir on our bench. But as a man, and the man who has helped Croatia to reach his first final in a WC, nobody had the rights to treat him like this!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
To me, the problem came from the both sides. Dalic is a good man, a good person but his role was to drop Rebic from the team, because this thing for sure has started a long time ago.

And the Lovren strory was for sure about Rebic position in the team and words about Dalic made by Rebic in the dressing room. (to destroy Dalic reign because he was him as a poor coach and maybe for "helping" some others youngsters to find their places in the team, like Gvardiol or Ivanusec)

But all in all, this is maybe with the past Rebic words, that we had the chance to see Gvardiol and Ivanusec in the team. Without all this amount of shit, Gvardiol would always on our bench...

Rebic is right on some points. We did really bad choices with this wonderful team we had in this tournament. But if Rebic thought that Dalic was bad, and ask for patriotism or whatever from the fans, HIS role was to give it all on the pitch... During the anthem he was really motivated, with eyes closed etc... but totally the opposite during the match!

Rebic has pointed some things that we've said during a long time here on XT. So why he didn't wanted to play and run on the pitch, when Mateo and Luka has ran all over the pitch? (the genius called by him, but they're genius only because they're working hard and respect coach decisions) Maybe he wanted to show that he never trusted in Dalic tactics, choices etc...

But finally, how can you talk about a bad management with the golden generation we had and in the same time help at this disaster by walking all around the pitch, and decide to change your shoes during the match when your team is leading against Spain, and not help the kid behind you, who is playing his first tournament. How?

Rebic is talking about pride, but he was the investigator of this sabotage and helped the team to fall...

For sure, Dalic choices weren't good at all. He is poor tactically but this wasn't the right way to react. Rebic acted like a kid, or an asshole kid. Dalic has always tried to give credits to his players, reach the best for them and the country. And play with pride... As a player you can be against your coach choices, but if you're professional, and if you love your country, you must to act like a man and a pro.

If Rebic has thought that Dalic was shit. He had the choice to refuse NT call for the tournament. Or refuse to play against Spain and give to Orsic a chance to show the strong desire he have to play for our NT, Dalic or not.

This is not a coincidence to see Rebic being friend with Zlatan at Milan. Rebic is well know the be a crazy and unstable boy, and this is why only Kovac had the key to help him to develop rightly and correctly. But with Dalic who is maybe too kind, Rebic took the ascendant over him. This kind of player needs to be out of an NT team when the coach is trying to create a group of players who are going in the same way or having a strong headcoach, able to maintain their dickheads (same players that we can in the french team etc...).

I don't understand why and how Dalic (and maybe the Federation) didn't took any decisions over him few months earlier... I don't understand. Because all the things that we've seen during the past few months in the medias are clearly not false, Lovren story, but maybe also this story made around Brozovic vs Dalic, Dalic problems to manage his dressing room with some players unhappy about their positions in the team etc...

Remember that only 1or 2 months before the tournament, Dalic has said that we didn't had a team. The team wasn't ready and we didn't had a team! Everything was said.

At this time, Dalic knew that we would be unable to accomplish something in this tournament, only because some players weren't focus about the team (he was unable to create a group of players and hemissed guys like Mandzo, Suba etc... Because here, he was front of guys more ocus on their status etc...). But the problem IS (and where Rebic is right) when you know which fruit is rotten in your basket, well, you take it out so that the other fruits won't rot. And how a coach can be considered as good, when he's unable to take this kind of decision?! How? Same when you have better "fruits" who are waiting on your table, same with some of our players presents on our bench...

Rebic was right on this point, Dalic was and is unable to take some decisions. He's like your friend, or dad in this team, but he's unable to take strong decisions. This also why he asked to the team if this was the right decision to drop Kalinic from the team... He was the coach!

Same when here, he said that he'll talk with Modric, Lovren and Vida about the future of the team. What the hell is that? He's THE coach! And for me, Modric and Co are too important in this team. He's the coach, and the others, needs to stay players!

And when some papers talked about Modric coach position in this team, I think this was right... And I don't like this... If one of your player have a coach position in your team, this means that you're unable to lead this team rightly and correctly! This maybe worked well with Ronaldo at Euro 2016, but we've seen where's Portugal now... For me, each roles needs to be clear, if not, players don't need to have a coach, and can play only by themselves.

I really love Modric, but I clearly don't like this situation with him in the team. Legen or not, Ballon d'Or or not.

Finally, yes Dalic did some poor choices with our youngsters, or players like Orsic or Budimir on our bench. But as a man, and the man who has helped Croatia to reach his first final in a WC, nobody had the rights to treat him like this!
Yeah I agree dalmate!

Even if Dalic was wrong about several details, I think in our culture and especially in the sport, this type of insubordination is not really accepted. Sure, Rebic may have supporters and people that agree with him but overall, this type of calling out is frowned on and considered very unprofessional!

This can hurt the team and I think Rebic should voice his opinions to the captain and the HNS...or to Dalic privately!

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
Yeah I agree dalmate!

Even if Dalic was wrong about several details, I think in our culture and especially in the sport, this type of insubordination is not really accepted. Sure, Rebic may have supporters and people that agree with him but overall, this type of calling out is frowned on and considered very unprofessional!

This can hurt the team and I think Rebic should voice his opinions to the captain and the HNS...or to Dalic privately!
I totally agree Maradona, especially with the last sentence!

Often young teams/nations who are reaching finals, prides etc... are meeting some very weird situations in their teams, with some players who are acting like dickheads, rebels, unprofessional, and who demands to be treated like world class player etc...

Sad to say, but our team reaps the fruit of her harvests...

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Something to the effect that things need to change. So broad a comment that it could mean just about anything.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
I want dalmate as the coach for Vatreni.
LOL! :LOL: 🧡

By the past, I dreamed to be a Cro player for our NT. But yes, I must to admit that I would really like to become a football coach, but yes being our NT coach would be something simply amazing and a wondeful thing and honor to live! For sure, I would take some of you as my assistants coaches for taking decisions all together during and before the matches! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Harasic17

·
Registered
23,039 Posts
Yeah I agree dalmate!

I'd permanently close the door on Rebic. He can't be this dumb to post garbage like that on social media. And "deleting" it doesn't do anything, posts are forever and there is no way out of this.

And changing his shoes right in the middle of a game...with half time literally minutes away shows he could give two s.hits. Its an unforgivable act of stupidity and defiance and not a team first guy. I don't care how good he is at Milan, he has to go. I can only imagine how furious Modric (and everyone else) was with Rebic. They are busting their a.sses off against Spain, leading the game...and htis idiot decides to change his f'ing boots while the play is on?

He worked like a dog in Russia to supplement Mandzo and Perisic up front but apart from the wonder goal vs the Argies, he doesn't produce for us ever. He got a lucky one away vs Hungary and I can't recall him doing much if anything else for the NT ever. He doesn't score, doesn't assist. Orsic in 10 minutes scored a goal, had an assist and his run along the touchline led to the glorious Krama chance in extra time. Rebic, did jack squat in every game he was on and put more pressure on us because he couldn't even hold up the ball. And his huge miss vs the Czechs was pathetic.

Sorry, Rebic's door to the NT must go. Don't let the door hit your a.ss on the way out Rebic. Be gone.

·
Registered
23,039 Posts
Something to the effect that things need to change. So broad a comment that it could mean just about anything.
Lovren's past not wanting to play for us or to be a team player even if not starting means, he should just sit out any discussion about the team and things needing to change.

Sick and tired of hearing from him and guys like Rebic mouthing off. I'll listen to the team first and loyal guys who always are ready to play like Modric and Perisic and Vida, but not these other clowns.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
Lovren's past not wanting to play for us or to be a team player even if not starting means, he should just sit out any discussion about the team and things needing to change.

Sick and tired of hearing from him and guys like Rebic mouthing off. I'll listen to the team first and loyal guys who always are ready to play like Modric and Perisic and Vida, but not these other clowns.
I totally agree Ante, very well said!!

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
70,095 Posts
If Kovac didn't work I don't think Bjelica would work either, both seem to have that same 'German' mentality when it comes to coaching and the players, judging from history, would tune him out quick, he also complains a lot when the pressure gets on him which will be 100x worse with the NT. Even though he has managed abroad, I'd like to see him do it at a higher level and for a bit more time (he did say he had some offers from Bundesliga/La Liga) and turned down Fenerbahce

I don't know how reliable some of these 'HNS insiders' are but it appears Biscan is not really a candidate either, seems the federation was unhappy with the U21 Euros

Another thing which must be looked at is the staff, more lack of ideas from the HNS, seems like any player which retired becomes an 'assistant coach' within five minutes (Olic, Corluka, Vukojevic in the past Simunic). I bet within 2-3 years somebody like Badelj or Vida becomes an 'assistant coach'

·
dinamo67
9,925 Posts
Bjelica worked our for every team he's coached. Why wouldn't it work for our NT? If our players are really that sensitive to criticism then they shouldn't be playing.

I've mentioned this before on here but my former coach was a Croatian soldier who fought in Bosnia. This guy went through some shit. Anyway picture the toughest son of a bitch you know and it wouldn't come close to this guy. I was scared to go to training to the point he would come to my house and drag me there lol. Piss pouring rain? Who gives a fuk. Even when training was cancelled. It wasn't for him. No excuses ever. We were only like 10-12 year old at the time lol. And tell you what we performed well for the most part. 😁

These players today need to toughen the fuk up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If Kovac didn't work I don't think Bjelica would work either, both seem to have that same 'German' mentality when it comes to coaching and the players, judging from history, would tune him out quick, he also complains a lot when the pressure gets on him which will be 100x worse with the NT. Even though he has managed abroad, I'd like to see him do it at a higher level and for a bit more time (he did say he had some offers from Bundesliga/La Liga) and turned down Fenerbahce

I don't know how reliable some of these 'HNS insiders' are but it appears Biscan is not really a candidate either, seems the federation was unhappy with the U21 Euros

Another thing which must be looked at is the staff, more lack of ideas from the HNS, seems like any player which retired becomes an 'assistant coach' within five minutes (Olic, Corluka, Vukojevic in the past Simunic). I bet within 2-3 years somebody like Badelj or Vida becomes an 'assistant coach'
I think Bjelica would be a tactical improvement over Dalic but coaching those dominant dinamo teams isn't really a great indicator that he is a top notch coach. Like you said, would be nice to see him do something at a higher level and not just coaching the most talented teams in the HNL.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Has there been any word on Josip Stanišić? He's still only a Bayern II player but they should be working on getting him to play for us.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Has there been any word on Josip Stanišić? He's still only a Bayern II player but they should be working on getting him to play for us.
last bit of news about that was his mother had a post on social media stating nothing was decided on his NT representation in Croatian. Maybe March or April?

Seems like he will be loaned out somewhere this season. Any RB out there we should be all over

·
Registered
301 Posts
Read today that he refuses Croatia and that he will be available for Germany.

Hope Gabriel Vidovic won't change his mind about playing for Croatia and that Marusic will also pick us.

6261 - 6280 of 6304 Posts