Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 6146 Posts

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't have a thread for news re: nt so i though why not make one to post some info that doesn't go into any other thread

according to sportske novosti a friendly match between croatia and portugal has been arranged for next year. the match will be played in croatia, more precisely split. the match will be held under conditions that croatia and portugal aren't drawn to the same group neither for world cup 2010 qualifications nor for euro 2008. in case this condition isn't meet the friendly will be canceled. when its known that this condition is met the precise date will be released and the whole thing will be official.

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
sweet, portugal in Split. But they'll fcuk em by making the tickets 450-750kn for sure.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bin Rafi3 said:
I suggest that there should be a thread for "NEWS" where anyone puts the latest news with their SOURCES to avoid romures and let the thread special for news so that nobody comments on the news.

The injury updates can be included in this big topic "NEWS" though.

Any suggestions?
It is a good idea to make a thread for the NT news as I previously mentioned.

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
I think that we discuss the NT heaps here, almost everything relates back to it. The NT, news etc. can take on heaps more than just one thread IMO.

·
Registered
20,709 Posts
ferdinand is suspended...

Anyways, they all played in Zagreb when we beat them easily...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
so what are some of the friendly matches coming up? I read about discussions with the Dutch for them to come to Zagreb. I also see that a match at home against Denmark is also almost 100% certain. The other possible games which I read were Portugal home, Belgium away, Greece away and the Czech Republic, not sure where that would be played

Bilic wants to Dutch to act as the Germans and wants to find a team similar to Poland and Austria

I think it's crucial to set up important friendly's rather than just fill-ins, which happened in the last three tournaments.

Before WC 2002 we played a bunch of softies (Hungary, BiH, Slovenia)
Before Euro 2004 they really only had one true test Denmark away, the rest were softies with Macedonia away, Slovakia home
Before WC 2006 we played that Carlsberg Cup with a HNL All-star team, Austria away, Iran home, Poland neutral venue and Argentina neutral venue

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
so what are some of the friendly matches coming up? I read about discussions with the Dutch for them to come to Zagreb. I also see that a match at home against Denmark is also almost 100% certain. The other possible games which I read were Portugal home, Belgium away, Greece away and the Czech Republic, not sure where that would be played

Bilic wants to Dutch to act as the Germans and wants to find a team similar to Poland and Austria
Yes I read that on Jutarnji's website. Did you read the article below about Hiddink and his wife thanking Bilic in the lift? The someone below posted "Onda ga je žena oralno zadovoljila...". :howler:

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
HajdukSplit said:

Why not: Finland for Poland, Latvia or Ireland for Austria, And Netherland for Germany. :)

And if Croatia come in Belgium for a match, waaaaaaaaw.
It's fantastic !!!:party:

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I would like to play a non-European team if we could. I would love to play an African or South American team.

Or Hell lets play England again!!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
HajdukSplit said:

I think it's crucial to set up important friendly's rather than just fill-ins, which happened in the last three tournaments.

Before Euro 2004 they really only had one true test Denmark away, the rest were softies with Macedonia away, Slovakia home
Before WC 2006 we played that Carlsberg Cup with a HNL All-star team, Austria away, Iran home, Poland neutral venue and Argentina neutral venue

We also played Spain as our last game prior to the WC06.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Marko021 said:
Yes I read that on Jutarnji's website. Did you read the article below about Hiddink and his wife thanking Bilic in the lift? The someone below posted "Onda ga je žena oralno zadovoljila...". :howler:
:howler: :howler:

HajdukSplit said:
baraba said:
We also played Spain as our last game prior to the WC06.

Didn't we also play Brazil in Split prior to 2006 WC? When was that again?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Davor Suker is talking crap again. He says he doesn't see a new Prosinecki and Boban in the new repka. Maybe he should go back and start kissing English a$$es again and telling Sky Sports how England will definitely get at least a point against Croatia and qualify for Euro 2008. Man Suker made me so happy as a player, but as a person he is an a$$hole. http://www.vecernji.hr/newsroom/sports/football/2966874/index.do

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
Marko021 said:
Davor Suker is talking crap again. He says he doesn't see a new Prosinecki and Boban in the new repka. Maybe he should go back and start kissing English a$$es again and telling Sky Sports how England will definitely get at least a point against Croatia and qualify for Euro 2008. Man Suker made me so happy as a player, but as a person he is an a$$hole. http://www.vecernji.hr/newsroom/sports/football/2966874/index.do

Read until the end (of that vecernji article). I was kind of surprised by the tile at first, but what he actually said is that we don't have a "leader in their prime" meaning aged 27-29. He said that Modric is our leader but only 22. He also went on to say we have very good young play-makers in Modric, Kranjcar and Rakitic.

Regardless, I don't think you'll find many 27-29 year old players who are better than our Luka Modric.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yeah I should really read the articles until the end, but reading Flak and Zidak rubbish has me bored after the first paragraph. Anyway that's not the only reason Suker annoys me. In a few interviews for Sky Sports he sounds like an Englishman as he seems to belittle Croatia.

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
Marko021 said:
Yeah I should really read the articles until the end, but reading Flak and Zidak rubbish has me bored after the first paragraph. Anyway that's not the only reason Suker annoys me. In a few interviews for Sky Sports he sounds like an Englishman as he seems to belittle Croatia.

I know what you mean Marko. Instead of putting them in their place and backing us, he tends give in and downplay our chances/abilities.

We need Ciro and/or Prosinecki to talk more to offset the belittling. :howler:

1 - 20 of 6146 Posts