Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's confirmed that he's quitting the game as he thinks he's one of the players of the old school who doesn't fit into the game of modern and predictable players :D

As a big fan of him (my fav French player actually) cos everyone seemed to hate him :D I'll admit I''ll miss him :(

your thoughts on Duga :cool: and where will you see him in general when you look back in time? a player with great talent who could never showed his full talent or an overrated prat?

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Probably with Franck Leboeuf the most hated guy (of the WC98 winner team) by the people. Mainly due to his nonchalance on the pitch and his bad boy look and behaviour. But he was a good player, especially a great header.

All the WC 98 winner are getting old now...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have always loved this player :star:

Adieu Christophe! Et merci!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i admit i didn't like him very much
he was technically gifted but had quite poor scoring abilities and as fobal klub said he seemed very nonchalant (remember that opportunity he missed in the WC final ;))

·
Registered
79 Posts
A great player with too strong a personality, unlucky for him that his career didn't turn out to be as good as it could of. Aimé always had faith in him as did most of the guys who played around him.

Great player, Merci Christophe

·
Registered
79 Posts
and I don't know if I already mentioned how sad i was that Manu Petit had retired as well. A great player to base your team around who could strike the ball well also. shame that the spell at barcelona didn't work out. How many have retired now from '98: Bogohssian (spelling I know), Petit, Deschamps, Blanc, Desailly, Lama, Charbonnier, Dugarry et bientot zizou!

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
aslater said:
and I don't know if I already mentioned how sad i was that Manu Petit had retired as well. A great player to base your team around who could strike the ball well also. shame that the spell at barcelona didn't work out. How many have retired now from '98: Bogohssian (spelling I know), Petit, Deschamps, Blanc, Desailly, Lama, Charbonnier, Dugarry et bientot zizou!
"bientôt Zizou" isn't the right term... he already left...

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is actually bercause all the others have retired from football completely, you might notice that Zidane still starts for real...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts