Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by Nadia Carminati - created on 19 Jan 2005

Cristiano Zanetti sees his future at Internazionale and has played down talk of a switch to Juventus.

Juve coach Fabio Capello admitted an interest in the Italy international, however, Zanetti is not concerning himself with the reports.

Capello worked with Zanetti during their time at Roma and it was not the wish of the tactician to see the star leave while in charge of the Giallorossi.

"I hope to stay at Inter as long as possible," said Zanetti. "If they tell me I must leave, that would be different.

"But from both parties there is the will to continue together. I feel good, I've been here for a a few years I want to stay."

Zanetti has another season on his deal with Inter and is in no rush to pen a new contract at Giuseppe Meazza.

"My contract expires in 2006," he added. "We will do it [agree a new deal] when the time comes."

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Inter01 said:
"We will do it [agree a new deal] when the time comes."
The bracketed part wasn't his own wording so will Zanetti do Inter or Inter will do Zanetti? :tongue:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I say we sell him in the summer and get another solid DM as backup for Cambiasso :angel:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have lost confidence in Cristiano Zanetti. His first season with Inter was memorable. The partnership he formed with Di Biagio worked quite well but he has since lost the plot. The worst thing is seeing him put in anonymous appearances and wondering if he is even on the pitch. Surely Davids should be given a run if CZ continues to put in poor performances.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
C.Zanetti is a battler and he should stay at Inter I believe. The guy came recently from injurie give him a break. I'm sure he will perform better in coming games (hope), but with a midfield with likes of Davids, Karagounis, etc. Its tough and I hope we keep him as a sign of stabiliy at the club rather then sell,sell,buy,buy policy.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
C.ZANETTI: "COACH'S FAITH IMPORTANT"
Wednesday, 19 January 2005 14:45:44
APPIANO GENTILE - Nerazzurri midfielder Cristiano Zanetti answered questions from the press in today's news conference at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre:

Congratulations on your current form. You have won your place in the team, how is this period for you?
"I hope I continue to play. I have played more in recent matches and I'm happy. It means the coach has faith in me. This gives me strength and makes me happy."

It would be difficult to leave you and Cambiasso out of the Inter midfield line-up...
"There are a lot of us and the coach decides who to play, match after match."

A transfer market question. We have read that there are a lot of teams after you...
"I'm pleased that I'm rated, but I'm fine at Inter and I hope I can stay here as long as possible. But it would be a different story if the club decided to sell me. But both sides are willing to continue together."

A lot has been said recently about Francesco Totti and his declarations after the match in Siena...
"We're talking about a world-class player who is capable of making the difference. It would be nice if he came to Inter. He would help us win."

===========

C.ZANETTI: "A VICTORY RIGHT AWAY"
Wednesday, 19 January 2005 14:55:17
APPIANO GENTILE - Cristiano Zanetti news conference (2):

Do you still believe in a Serie A comeback or are you focusing your efforts on the Champions League?
"We want try and win both competitions. Juventus drew on Sunday and there's the same number of points between us. We will try to catch up with Juventus and Milan and get back in the race for the Scudetto."

Has the draw with Reggina affected your morale?
" Reggina are a good side and a draw away to them is acceptable. These are the kind of matches that become easier if you manage to score early on. The more they defend and close down, the more difficult it becomes for you to attack. We just needed a great play from an individual, which unfortunately didn't come. Let's hope we pick up immediately with a victory over Chievo."

Adriano got injured yesterday...
" Adriano is a very important player for us. Let's hope he recovers as soon as possible, but we have other very strong strikers and there won't be any problems."

Kily González has started training with the squad. How important could his return be?
"Kily is a very strong and experienced player. Stankovic has done very well in his role in these months, but Kily is an important player and let's hope he's back as soon as possible."

==============

C.ZANETTI: "ONLY INTER"
Wednesday, 19 January 2005 15:07:25
APPIANO GENTILE - Cristiano Zanetti news conference (3):

Has the team analysed why it hasn't managed to be constant in its approach to matches?
"We haven't lost a match yet, and this is very important for us. Unfortunately, football is also made up of episodes - we have drawn many matches at the end, perhaps there was a lack of concentration. Lately we have won a few matches in a row. Then there was this match in Reggio Calabria in which we let up."

But Inter are a long way off the top of the table...
"It's true, but you always have to wait until the end of the season to see who wins."

Racalbuto was suspended after his refereeing of Cagliari-Juventus. What do you think about this?
"I have never had any problems in particular with referees. Maybe they're also involved in the match, like us players. Anyone can make a mistake."

Before, you said you hope to stay at Inter...
"Yes, as long as possible."

And if Fabio Capello asked you to go to Juventus?
"As I have already said, I hope I stay at Inter as long as possible. But if Inter tell me I have to go, I can't decide to stay. But I'm fine with the Nerazzurri and I have been here for many years. I want to stay."

When does your contract expire?
"In 2006. Have I already spoken about a renewal? It's too soon. We'll do it when the time is right."

inter.it

·
Registered
45,440 Posts
peninsula said:
C.Zanetti is a battler and he should stay at Inter I believe. The guy came recently from injurie give him a break. I'm sure he will perform better in coming games (hope), but with a midfield with likes of Davids, Karagounis, etc. Its tough and I hope we keep him as a sign of stabiliy at the club rather then sell,sell,buy,buy policy.
Amen to that. :star:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
But if we talk about new contracts then Materazzi signed a new one! Moratti and co. made another joke. Tell me one reason why this man should stay with us? Matrix who's im talking about, not Moratti and his management team.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Interista said:
Because he hit an ex-interista talking stupid about us
Nice one :D

Matrix should stay as backup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts