Xtratime Community banner

6621 - 6640 of 6679 Posts

·
Registered
13,833 Posts

Congrats on his 5th Ballon d'Or to the man we most of all owe this outstanding era of dominance. Thank you for taking Real Madrid back to its rightful place you legend :proud:

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Era of my ass
6 years ge produced nothing
Not until we got some other player

Thanks to Ramos,Modric and Kroos maybe
Please tell me you're trolling :pray:

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Who do you think will win it next year?

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
I also think that Modric is more valuable to this team than Ronaldo. He was the first real modern CM this club bought in years. Sure, we had Xabi Alonso who was a great passer and solid defensively and we had Özil who was very creative up front but Modric is the complete package and him becoming an established starter elevated this team much more than anything else. Without him this club would have gone nowhere.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
Who do you think will win it next year?
It's all about the WC. Ronaldo has slim chances so either Messi or Neymar but I give PSG more chances to win the treble this season so my bet is Neymar.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
I also think that Modric is more valuable to this team than Ronaldo. He was the first real modern CM this club bought in years. Sure, we had Xabi Alonso who was a great passer and solid defensively and we had Özil who was very creative up front but Modric is the complete package and him becoming an established starter elevated this team much more than anything else. Without him this club would have gone nowhere.
Lol, Modric is awesome, the best midfielder of the last 5 years, but Ronaldo is from another planet. Everytime, someoe plays the buddy card for Ronaldo(first Ozil, next Di Maria, now Modric), like how they did with Xavi and Iniesta with Messi and you think they would learn their lesson eventually.

Since joining, Ronaldo has been handsdown our best and most important player every single season both domestically and in Europe, apart maybe from the 2014 UCL where Ramos and Di Maria were also gangsters(but he was still widley rated as the best player of the season and UCL mvp). He wins you titles no matter who comes and goes. Claiming another player even comes close to him is objectively bs.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Claiming another player even comes close to him is objectively bs.
It's got nothing to do with buddies. Cristiano can score with other players as well, no problem. But Real Madrid could not win a CL without Modric. How many times was Real Madrid kicked out of the CL when Modric played both games in knockout rounds?

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts

His career in Real Madrid was literally saved by Sergio Ramos

Also Luka Kroos and Marcelo are way ahead of Ronaldo for MVP of the previous 10 season than Ronaldo is for me

And no i am not trolling.

Even at this moment Asensio and Isco and Others who refuse to feed him constantly are unsettled by his egotistical character

I appreciate him cos he is Idol for many kids but i cNt wait until his era is over never really enjoyed his character.I dont care how many goals he scores.

Now that he is not scoring as much he started celebrating with team mates.pathetic

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
It's got nothing to do with buddies. Cristiano can score with other players as well, no problem. But Real Madrid could not win a CL without Modric. How many times was Real Madrid kicked out of the CL when Modric played both games in knockout rounds?
Wouldn't this be nitpicking at its best? :D Because Ronaldo has done basically everything that could have been done at Real and a players' good track record for apps in a single competition is supossed to bring his contribution even remotely close to CR?

Btw, I said "wouldn't" because it's not even real, it's a fabricated statistic(assuming you meant the Modric record is clean coz otherwise it's not even worthwhile). Real did get knocked out in 2013 with Modric playing both games.

His career in Real Madrid was literally saved by Sergio Ramos

Also Luka Kroos and Marcelo are way ahead of Ronaldo for MVP of the previous 10 season than Ronaldo is for me

And no i am not trolling.

Even at this moment Asensio and Isco and Others who refuse to feed him constantly are unsettled by his egotistical character

I appreciate him cos he is Idol for many kids but i cNt wait until his era is over never really enjoyed his character.I dont care how many goals he scores.

Now that he is not scoring as much he started celebrating with team mates.pathetic
:lol: ^ this right there is one of the gazzilion proof that wathever Ronaldo does, some people will remain fixated and hate him even if he saves their mothers. :D

And I'm sure you of all people would name random players whom you preffer but that doesn't mean it makes sense in the slightest.

P.S. The Ramos bit was obviously a kneejerk reaction from your part. Ronaldo steped up as many times as any player out there in big games. Does that mean everybody should kiss his ass for saving their careers time after time?

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Btw, I said "wouldn't" because it's not even real, it's a fabricated statistic(assuming you meant the Modric record is clean coz otherwise it's not even worthwhile). Real did get knocked out in 2013 with Modric playing both games.
Exactly, I love Luka, but folks are reaching.

:lol: ^ this right there is one of the gazzilion proof that wathever Ronaldo does, some people will remain fixated and hate him even if he saves their mothers. :D
Preach.

Reactions: pele10brazil

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Wouldn't this be nitpicking at its best? :D Because Ronaldo has done basically everything that could have been done at Real and a players' good track record for apps in a single competition is supossed to bring his contribution even remotely close to CR?

What's not "real"? Are you confused? Modric joining was the best thing that happened to this club in years. Yeah Real Madrid got knocked out once with him playing both games and that was in his first season. He's been irreplaceable for a long time, it's good that Perez got Kroos and now young midfielders like Ceballos and Kova.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
What's not "real"? Are you confused? Modric joining was the best thing that happened to this club in years. Yeah Real Madrid got knocked out once with him playing both games and that was in his first season. He's been irreplaceable for a long time, it's good that Perez got Kroos and now young midfielders like Ceballos and Kova.
Yeah, best thing since CR. There's no Modric underrating here man, he's been the world's best midfielder these last years, generally agreed. But there's obviously Ronaldo underrating going on when anybody claims Modric has been Real's key player for this outstanding era ahead of Ronaldo. Plain bias.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
:D

For sure, KB thinks the OG Ronaldo is better than CR. Lots of people believe that too, including players from top clubs.

Tbf, CR's goal record speaks volumes. You can have other players who might look like they work on paper, but I think there's less than a handful of players who could work with the system to score to win as many games as CR. Then there are questions as to whether those players could be shut down in big games. CR's done it and deserves a ton of credit for it. I think there's merit to the argument that he's indispensable.

He may be selfish and pele may know nuts about what a good midfielder is but I think he has a good point here, even if it's exaggerated.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Yeah, best thing since CR. There's no Modric underrating here man, he's been the world's best midfielder these last years, generally agreed. But there's obviously Ronaldo underrating going on when anybody claims Modric has been Real's key player for this outstanding era ahead of Ronaldo. Plain bias.
I like both players. I just think that Modric joining was a turning point in the recent history of the club. Him starting to perform made me really believe that overcoming Bayern and Barcelona was possible.

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
He may be selfish and pele may know nuts about what a good midfielder is but I think he has a good point here, even if it's exaggerated.
You won't find many supporters to your "Cambiasso>X.Alonso" theory here :lala: But thanks for the support brah :D

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
I like both players. I just think that Modric joining was a turning point in the recent history of the club. Him starting to perform made me really believe that overcoming Bayern and Barcelona was possible.
Funny thing is , Ronaldo is the guy who usually stomps these particular teams on their heads :D Not that Modric doesn't contribute allot too ;)

6621 - 6640 of 6679 Posts