Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening Sporting organised the 32nd edition of the Rugido de Leão (Lion's Roar) award, which is given to athletes of the club that performed particularly well in each season. The Spanish winger Diego Capel was the winner of the 2012 edition but probably the peak of the ceremony that took place in the club's supporter group at Batalha was a certain phone call that came live from Madrid...

"I know that you are all there at Batalha, and I want to tell you that I am very proud of being a sportinguista and of having played for so many years in that great club".

"I am certain that our football team will surpass this less positive moment. We have a very good squad and all together and with a lot of faith, Sporting will return to the top again".

In tough times like these it's good to hear these words of a certain Cristiano Ronaldo.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
Yeah he seems to be more of a sincere sportinguista than others like Figo for instance

Hope he comes back one day but I doubt it, they don't embrace him in Madrid and we all know why

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3rd Ballon d'Or for Portugal, 3rd Ballon d'Or for Sporting! :proud:

·
Registered
928 Posts
3rd Ballon d'Or for Portugal, 3rd Ballon d'Or for Sporting! :proud:

RESPECT !!!!!! You should never forget where you came from and who helped you get to where you are now. CR to his credit is grateful and respectful of that. Congrats CR, congrats Portugal, congrats Sporting fans.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True, but none won while playing in Portugal or your club....
Life's so unfair :eek:
It's also really unfair that none of them came out of SLB or FCP's academies. :depress:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tonight against Marítimo...

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kids from one of Sporting's football schools in Portugal watching CR7 getting his second Ballon d'Or...

nT52ftuL86E​

1 - 12 of 12 Posts