Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand what's happening with Maccabi Tel-Aviv. They done good campaign in Champions League (I think it wasn't bad), they have many good strikers - Prohorenkovs, Dego, Mbamba, Addo, and yet we are losing many matches and we have only 18 goals, and the worst goal result has only Hapoel Haifa.
GO ON MACCABI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
The personal problems at Maccabi never really ended when Klinger dumped Banin and Nimni. There were numerous problems this season between Klinger and Mbamba, Pantsil, Reis and so on. Additionally his tactics are too conservative for a team that is supposed to be from the top. And finally the lack of experience comes into play too. Maccabi has a rather young team and it showed.
This season is lost as far as the league goes, Maccabi will try to put their best efforts in the State Cup which will start next month.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Like Raanan said, focus on the state cup.

Next year, your gonna have a huge payroll since you were in the CL groups....

You guys need some more defence and a better way to spend your money. Im hoping that Maccabi TLV will do so in a very fashionable way...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Maccabi Tel Aviv is always on a verge of a crisis, if the team stays 2 games in a row without a win the fans begin to complain and pick on some players ( get an example of John Painstil). Also still some fans insist in not support the team because Nimni was dismissed by Klinger and instead of helping they are another stone in the path. The truth is that Maccabi Tel Aviv has a good team, despite being young, with great future. Some say the problem is defence, but defensive line is not bad ( the problem actually are the side backs) others the attack, but we have Dego, Prohanenkovs, Mbamba, Addo, Haim, so the the problem I don't see as lack of quality, but internal problems between players, fans and management. If they overun this then Maccabi should wait a few more years to win a title.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Klinger should be dissmised because of his tactic. I watched all matches of Maccabi in group stage of Champions League, and in most of them Maccabi was playing with one main striker (Mbamba or Addo) and Dego behind him. I think one striker is too defencive system. In attack we should play with 2 strikers: Mbamba - Addo or Mbamba - Prohorenkovs and Dego behind them.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Poland-Cement said:
I think Klinger should be dissmised because of his tactic. I watched all matches of Maccabi in group stage of Champions League, and in most of them Maccabi was playing with one main striker (Mbamba or Addo) and Dego behind him. I think one striker is too defencive system. In attack we should play with 2 strikers: Mbamba - Addo or Mbamba - Prohorenkovs and Dego behind them.
I agree that the mentality is very defensive, specially in the Champions League, if Maccabi could've won at least a Uefa Cup spot. In the league Klinger is using 2 strikers, so there comes the theory: it doesn't matter how many offensive or defensive players you have in your line up, but yes the way you play. Klinger was during his player career a defender, so he praises more this part. I'm not saying that former defenders that are coaches don't have attactive teams, but in this case it is clear that Klinger gave more attention to that part. And everyone from Juventus, Bayern and Ajax praised Maccabi's defense and tactical discipline, but never its attack.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maccabi Tel-Aviv - Bneyi-Yehuda 1:1 :wallbang: :wallbang:
another dissapointing result.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beitar - Maccabi Tel-Aviv 3:2 :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: no comment ...

On 12.03 we will face Hapoel Bneyi-Sakhnin

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Another trouble for Maccabi with Ofir Haim being out for the rest of the season...

Maybe next season will be better, with the 100 years for Maccabi celebrations and probably Berkovic coming. ;) BTW Maccabi invited Real Madrid to participate in the centenary match.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Another trouble for Maccabi with Ofir Haim being out for the rest of the season...

Maybe next season will be better, with the 100 years for Maccabi celebrations and probably Berkovic coming. ;) BTW Maccabi invited Real Madrid to participate in the centenary match.

Real Madrid B Sides has gladly accepted!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts