Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see...Roma got Batigol.Inter made the CL so Vieri will probably stay.Fiorentina will likely pick Morientes from Real.Juve will proably get Crespo.So here are some forward names that play in the transfer market right now.We know for sure that we can afford any of them and all of them would be interested to play in Parma.In other words:available forwards:

Jardel (Porto):He is tipped to make a move to Italy.Rather expensive.I dont really consider him a great player but we know that he can score and can be a very good target man.Also Amoroso works well with tall forwards as he did with bierhoff and Sosa at Udinese.

Inzaghi (Juvenuts):When Juve gets Crespo,Pippo will definitely leave.I dont know where he will go but this will definitely not be Parma.Case closed.

Montella (Roma):Roma got Batigol,that means that Montella is probably out of there as it was rumored all the time.Very good player,decent scorer,PLUS he is Italian.Go for him.

Salas (Lazio):Its a common secret that El Matador will leave Lazio and he has previusly expressed an interest to play for Parma.IF we make any attept to sign him we will probably face harsh competition from Inter and a couple of English sides.I dont want him.

Recoba (Inter):If Lippi decides to stay at Inter and Moratti goes out there and buy a new forward (and he will) Alvaro Recoba will abandon the ship flying.Very good player,and I think we CAN guarantee him a starting role,but is he the type of forward we need? in other words,can he work with Amoroso? I dont think so...

Angel (River Plate):The young Colombian had a great season with lots of goals and has been called the new Van Basten (yeah right).He has been mentioned for Parma but we practically know next to nothing about him.No matter how good he is he IS a gamble.Is Tanzi ready to take it?

In my opinion,we are limited to two choices.Vicenzo Montella and Jardel.The rest wont do (Recoba) or are not good enough (Inzaghi,Salas).Angel is a big risk so I'd rather forget the idea.Tanzi can take any of them by spending half the moeny he will receive for Crespo.

Thoughts?

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Jardel will be a good replacement coz he is heavy and italian defenders have problems with that and he has a fierce header!

I don't know about Montella maby he don't want to leave and Roma would sell Delvecchio
but don't take delvecchio!!!
but montella would be good i think

Recoba well i don't he is a bit litlle and in my opinion we need a big one
He is thecnickly perfect and he take's beautiful free kicks and corners(at leest better than breda, i still can't believe we played him yesterday)
I doubt he will make a good partner with Amoroso.

Or we could get a striker like Nonda of rennes or Cathana of Malaga.
Or we could go after a not-so-rated italian striker like muzzi or luccarelli

[This message has been edited by Willem Sterk (edited 24-05-2000).]

·
Registered
859 Posts
Or we can play Stanic or Di Vaio and put the money on midfielders. I think they can do just as good as a player who will take time to settle.

Amo, how can you say that Montella is a decent scorer? He scored 19 goals this season. Besides I don´t think he will leave.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If Montella won´t get some insurance that Capello won´t take him of the field after 60 mins ( like he does every time they play ) I think he´ll pack his bags and go. I belive Montella to be a very good striker but not that different too Pippo / Simone Inzaghi e.g they are opportunistic strikers that often score on the rebound - not that creative.

Still I can´t understand why eveybody takes for granted that Crespo will play for rubentus ?? Lazio will want to have a word in and please Amo don´t compare Salas to Pippo they are playing in a different leauge.

Ps. Tanzi will not fail you guys !!

V

·
0 Posts
I think there are more players that would love to play for Parma then the ones you mentioned Amo. Here is other player:

Ventula: Young, Italian, he just needs a chance and will score lot of goals for you. Remember the begining of 98/99 season, he was great.

Palermo: Didn't watch him play very often have to admit but seen the facts and he seems to be a regular scorer.

Lucatteli from Lecce. Under-rated player, plays with heart.

Trezaguet: wants to leave monaco and he prefers the Italian league he said in one of his interviews. I am big fan of his.

Rebrov: Is he still available? He didn't acctually sign for Spurs, I still hard for me to believe that.

Gostava Lopez from celta. The big guy From Zaragoza(forget his name).

I don't think the above mentioned players would minde not taking part of CL.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think Palermo is out for a year with a bad injury.

But Kovacevic is the logical reolacement. Is it just me who realize that? :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trezeguet WOULD mind.Palerma,has he got past his injury? Rebrov is has signed for Tottenham Hotsperm.Lucarelli and Ventola not mature enough.Gustavo Lopez and Milosevic not good enough...

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i don't agree Milocevic is good enough, he's also a tall heavy forward...
About Gustavo Lopez he's more of left winger not a striker

Trezequet we have very little chanse of signing him!

P

·
0 Posts
I agree with Gialloblu. Let's spend more on midfield.

------------------
COOL MOVE!

·
Registered
421 Posts
palermo is back he will play in the next sunday his first game ,he will be agood replacmennt but the only problem that he is older than crespo in 2 years

REALLLY GUYS FOR ME AND FOR THE BEST TO PARMA
THERE IS A PLAYER CALLED "TURDO" HE PLAYING WITH 'CELTA VIGO' HE MORE THAN GREAT HE WILL BR MORE GOOD THAN BATII AND CRESPO IN 2 YEEARS AT MOST HE IS ONLY 20 YEARS AND HE SCORED A LOT OF GOALS I HOPE TANZI HAVE AN EYE ON HIM

·
International
5,629 Posts
If you have the midfield to supply the balls than the man to get is Jardel! Amoroso is the playmaker up front who can set up Jardel, but if you have the midfield to cross then there should be no question that Jardel is the player to get. He is not a creative player, but he's a good passer, and right now there is no better finisher of goals than him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts