Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on him till now,He seems to only perform against the less alight sides and personally i feel that Chelsea could've spent their money more wisely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
He plays well in the Champions League. Last year he was Inter's leading scorer for CL. He knows how to head the ball very well. A good buy.

On another note is it just me or is Mutu in a huge slump? He missed that ez header from 6 yds against L'pool and he has not scored in a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Beraht said:
He plays well in the Champions League. Last year he was Inter's leading scorer for CL. He knows how to head the ball very well. A good buy.

On another note is it just me or is Mutu in a huge slump? He missed that ez header from 6 yds against L'pool and he has not scored in a while.
Mutu's playing well. He's just have a bad time infront of goal, even Henry is finding it hard to hit the net at the moment. It happens.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Mutu's playing well. He's just have a bad time infront of goal, even Henry is finding it hard to hit the net at the moment. It happens.

Henry scored on Sunday and before that he got two goals on Boxing day ;) that's three goals in four games plus he has got four assists as well in these four games :D


but i agree Mutu is still playing well,last night the midfield by passed his good movement because they had an obsession with getting the ball wide. :depress:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
The Sun gave him a 5. :rolleyes:
As for Crespo, he can put the ball away for a goal but can't do much more. Quick Passing: :yuck: Speed: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: Movement: :yuck: :yuck: Positioning: :star: :star: :star: Shooting: :star: :star: Heading: :star: :star: :star: Dribbling: :rolleyes: :yuck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Henry scored on Sunday and before that he got two goals on Boxing day ;) that's three goals in four games plus he has got four assists as well in these four games :D


but i agree Mutu is still playing well,last night the midfield by passed his good movement because they had an obsession with getting the ball wide. :depress:

Well henry did go a few without a goal before the Wolvesmatch ;).

Last night we didn't get the ball wide enough imo. Infact we didn't do anything .:stress:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crespo seems to struggle against the big boys,he concentrates to much on flair and down the years has been found out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Crespo is a great goalscorer, not so good running with the ball, but he knows how to score. Personally I rate Mutu much higher.

Anyway Crespo will be out about six weeks. That's too bad for Chelsea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
RobyBaggio said:
Crespo is a great goalscorer, not so good running with the ball, but he knows how to score. Personally I rate Mutu much higher.

Anyway Crespo will be out about six weeks. That's too bad for Chelsea.
And too good for Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen, Mutu and me. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
I really don't understand where do you need a guy like Gudjohnsen. Why not rather get Forssell back, he can at least score.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
RobyBaggio said:
I really don't understand where do you need a guy like Gudjohnsen. Why not rather get Forssell back, he can at least score.
They are both needed, and Gudjohnsen does score, BTW... :confused:
Without Forssell, Chelsea have 4 strikers. Now that Crappo is out for 6 weeks, 3. If one gets a suspention or a muscle niggle in this time then that leaves 2. You can't have that for a club of Chelsea's ambitions. I don't know what they were thinking when they loaned Forssell out; he may even move for good now. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Forssell wouldn't have accepted another season on the bench and it's even better for his skills to play so in fact it serves also Chelsea's purposes. Seeing Mutu and Crespo come to London last summer Forssell must've understood that there's no room for him in the squad, especially since he was the last in the pecking order earlier.

And yeah EG scores too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,133 Posts
Superb player. I think he's the best finisher in EPL right now. Has that ability to be at the right place at the right time to score tap-ins. Perhaps the best cross-finisher. If only he managed to stay healthy throughout the season, I have little doubt that he'll become the top-scorer.

EG scores, JFH scores, Forsell scores, hell every striker scores but none will score as much as Crespo, mark my words.

:star::proud:ARMA LATALE!!!:star::proud:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
Handoyo said:
Superb player. I think he's the best finisher in EPL right now. Has that ability to be at the right place at the right time to score tap-ins. Perhaps the best cross-finisher. If only he managed to stay healthy throughout the season, I have little doubt that he'll become the top-scorer.

EG scores, JFH scores, Forsell scores, hell every striker scores but none will score as much as Crespo, mark my words.

:star::proud:ARMA LATALE!!!:star::proud:
Hell, thats all he can do. When Chelsea are on the backfoot, what does he do for the team? Nothing. He just stays upfront dreaming while everybody is working their asses off. He can't pass to save his life. Its like Chelsea have 10 men sometimes, especially against the bigger teams like Besiktas, Manchester and Arsenal (apart from the goal).

Somebody like Hasselbaink or Gudjohnsen will come back a little, get a pass in, run... Crespo= Positioning+header. I think He should be played against easier teams, Blackburn and down, and leave Mutu and another for the hardworking, fast paced games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,133 Posts
It's true that this kind of player usually struggles against the big teams. In Inter, we also face this problem with Vieri.

But, I think the situation is better with Chelsea. Their midfield still support Crespo much better than how Inter's midfield is supporting Vieri. Thus, I believe you can still use Crespo in big games. And I think he's already scored in big games like the ones against Arsenal, Newcastle and Lazio. Again, I think Crespo's job is mainly to score and not to work for the team. IMO, if he scores, he's done his job.

But of course if he missed tons of chances, he can be considered as having a bad game. :)
 
1 - 20 of 153 Posts
Top