Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given his rather resurgence at Milan if you'd like to call it that,I wonder if any of you chelsea fans have thought about wanting crespo back.Just as a question though,I'm pretty happy with how he's played at Milan after so many horrific injury problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
he is a great player and i would want him back if he could play in england the way he does in italy but i dont think that is likely. he cant adapt to england and it would be wrong to ruin his career by keeping him here.
 

·
Sheperdesque
Joined
·
21,256 Posts
i was so happy when Crespo came to Chelsea, then i bagged the shit out of him and was so happy to see him leave.. but after this year's performance i'm not ashamed to say i'd like him back (but only if he comes with a guarantee to do in England what he does in italy :) )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Bosanac said:
i was so happy when Crespo came to Chelsea, then i bagged the shit out of him and was so happy to see him leave.. but after this year's performance i'm not ashamed to say i'd like him back (but only if he comes with a guarantee to do in England what he does in italy :) )
wow...u took the words right out of my mouth...

i remember the day chelsea signed veron and crespo and they had the conference that they were showing them off in, although i respect him a whole lot and like how he plays i was really really happy when he left, what was it 8 straight games without scoring or something like that! thats bullshit for a strike of that caliber.

i would not like to see him back in chelsea, i think they should sell him, i don't know if u guys agree but i think chelsea needs a consistent striker, someone that brings it day in day out, someone like thierry henry( i hate that man so much, but his level of play is outstanding!). strikers like Drogba and Kezman are good strikers but are not consistent, a lot of games i see them do stupid shit that just doesn't make sense, although Gudjunson is the oldest out of the strikers, he is so consistent in his style of play, i guess its because he has more seasons under his belt

please tell me what you guys think...
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
31,893 Posts
Someone just said 8 straight games without scoring.... is it True??

I havent watched all of the matches, but to my mind, the one who is not scoring was MUTU. And please take into consideration of Crespo's minutes played. As I rememeber...his goals/per minute are not as bad as you mentioned.

Coming in as a sub in the late half and consider him as a Full match without scoring is not fair. Who knows the stats... please show.

Crespo is as good as he was. He had injury in Inter and in Chelsea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Someone just said 8 straight games without scoring.... is it True??

I havent watched all of the matches, but to my mind, the one who is not scoring was MUTU. And please take into consideration of Crespo's minutes played. As I rememeber...his goals/per minute are not as bad as you mentioned.

Coming in as a sub in the late half and consider him as a Full match without scoring is not fair. Who knows the stats... please show.

Crespo is as good as he was. He had injury in Inter and in Chelsea.
I am almost 100% sure that during the season he went 8 games if not more without scoring. i remembered that fact because i dont get to watch a lot of chelsea matches so when i finally found it on T.V i thought i was going to see crespo play like he used to but the commentators kept on talking about, before the match, how he had gone 8 games without scoring........come to think of it, he didn't score in that game either!!!!! so that makes is 9.....wow some striker 9 games without scoring!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crespo didn't really fail at Chelsea Injuries and a tough settling period was just the beginning really.I feel hemay've adapted in time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
Crespo produced while he was fit. He was not top notch though either. He does not like living in England and that is not something Chelsea or even Crespo can change very much. Its better he moves on, but he wont be cheap as its been shown he is still a top striker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
that strike in his first game was a great goal. he has had actually a couple of very nice strikes from outside the box for chelsea. i still think that he wouldnt play well because of the social differences but if he could adapt he would do great things withc chelsea no doubt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
polaris said:
Crespo produced while he was fit. He was not top notch though either. He does not like living in England and that is not something Chelsea or even Crespo can change very much. Its better he moves on, but he wont be cheap as its been shown he is still a top striker.
So many soth americans find life difficult in england the culture,language and other things make it so hard for them to adjust.
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
uuumm i thought crespo was from argentina.?.. plus he was a good player, but i dont think chelsea would want him back, im not sure why i think this, but i really dont.. and that "crespo > kezman" thing better have not meant what i thought it did, kezman better not make his way out cuz of crespo, even though i would like to see kezman play for a more ... i dunno the word.... "willing" team, i mean that will play him....
sorry off topic, lol. anyways i think crespo is a good player but chelsea isnt the right team for him, and i dont see any kind of future in chelsea for him...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
I trust that Kezman can improve a lot because he has the willingness to play well for Chelsea while Crespo wouldnt want to go away from Milan now. The things stay as such that for the first half of the next season we would have enough strikers but we would need another one for the second half simply because the number of important matches at that time would require more striker rotation(we needed that now but for some reason didnt buy anyone during this winter).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't see crespo returning to the Bridge,When a player says that he want's to stay where he is then he has got his heart there.Kezman should be given time so he can settle in more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Crespo?? Nah...I always thought of him as an average player, and I haven't changed my mind yet, he's going through a great moment I know, but hey everyone gets its 15 minutes of fame....or in football its 15 matches of glory. He has been lucky, that's all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
as if he has been lucky, he is a great player and always was.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top