Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crespo set for Inter comeback? Friday 24 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the paths to Ronaldo and Thierry Henry increasingly difficult to negotiate, Inter could make a bid to bring back Hernan Crespo.

It is no secret that the Nerazzurri are looking for a new hitman to take some of the pressure off Adriano’s shoulders next season and the main targets are beset by problems.

Henry is hot property on the transfer market and reportedly closer to Barcelona than anyone else, assuming he does leave Arsenal after all.

Ronaldo would be willing for a return to the San Siro, but patron Massimo Moratti faces stiff opposition from the fans and many of the club directors, who feel he betrayed them when he walked out to join Real Madrid in 2002.

The key could be in another familiar face, as Crespo has always been at his happiest in Serie A and played some of his best football in the peninsula.

Although he has earned more room in the Chelsea squad this season under Jose Mourinho, he is by no means guaranteed first team football.

Crespo reached the Champions League Final with Milan last term, but has already worn the Inter jersey in 2002-03 and would have no problems settling in to the already vast Argentine contingent at the club.

channel4

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
I wouldnt mind Crespo at Inter....he is a quality player and for some reason he does play his better football in Italy, not that his been that bad for Chelsea this season, but once again his your RVN type striker he is more of a box striker and a targetman, so i dont know how his partnership with Adriano will go

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
CrespoGol is Class.

But i thought a additional support Striker is what we need. There arent many good ones these days...

And I wouldnt mind a 4-4-1-1, or a 4-3-3.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Not again. hes a good player but I thought you wantes to win the scudetto? You need to try and buy the best. Go for Van Nistelrooy who is an even better goalscorer or get Ronaldo back and make him fit again... these are better than Crespo. Even Vieri is better than Crespo now.

Still, Crespo I guess is better than Martins :D

·
Registered
867 Posts
Crespo is a great player, and also he isn't the sort of person who whines if he's to sit on the bench. But he's a typical box player and targetman, is that really what Inter need right now?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Deano said:
Even Vieri is better than Crespo now.
:wth:

are you sure... ask Milan fans what do they think???

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
If Crespo is to return to Italy he'll join Milan. Let's NOT kid ourselves. Crespo had a fantastic season at Milan and he wanted to stay there instead of going back to Chelsea but things didn't work out.

Plus we know what'll happen if we re-sign him, he'll get injured again...

p.s. we do have a rumors thread, I find it annoying to see a thread created for each and every single name we're linked to. Come on now, Carson.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Well he would love to go back to Milan, but Inter won't be a bad choice for him as well. He just needs to be in Milan for his wife and that's it. Last but not the least, I doubt Inter management would want a player back whom they sold just few seasons back. :rolleyes:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chelsea's Crespo favours Inter Milan return
tribalfootball.com - March 29, 2006

Chelsea striker Hernan Crespo admits he misses Italy and Serie A football.

However, while the Argentine has been linked with a return to AC Milan next season, he admits city rivals Inter are the club he favours.

"My heart for the challenge at the San Siro is with Inter," said Crespo when asked about the Milan derby. "I've never forgotten the year with the Nerazzurro.

"And goodness knows I would love to experience that again in the future ..."

However, Crespo was quick to add he was contracted to Chelsea until 2008.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I dont want Crespo. We don't need a player like Crespo. Adriano is surely gonna get back to his peak soon, so we don't need a finisher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts