Xtratime Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lazio striker Hernan Crespo looks certain to sign a deal with one of Europe's big clubs "very soon" according to his agent.
Barcelona and Real Madrid have both studied bringing "Valdanito" to Spain as both look around for a top class hitman for next season.

Rumours are circulating in Barcelona that the Catalans have put forward a swap deal that would include Rivaldo plus £14million - although Lazio chairman Sergio Cragnotti is adamant is ace striker is not for sale.

However, the player's agent, Gustavo Mascardi, has confirmed that the Argentinian is in advanced talks with a host of clubs not just Barcelona.

"We are looking into several things, not just the interest from Barcelona," Mascardi told Argentine radio, La Red. "The talks are advanced and I'm sure that we'll close a deal with one of the big clubs very soon."

Crespo's representatives, Mascardi and Fernando Hidalgo, are expected in Barcelona at some point over the next few days to continue negotiations - although new coach Louis Van Gaal will doubtless have the final say.

Meanwhile, Barca's close rivals Real Madrid have also been linked to Crespo but it remains to be seen whether the Merengues would cough up the player's £30million pound buy-out fee.

Real's sports manager Jorge Valdano was reported to have told Crespo that he would chalk up over 200 goals if he came to play in Spain.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Crespo wants to win a championship, a league one, and with Lazio is obvious that he won´t win it, maybe with real or barca...

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I don't blame him for wanting to leave Lazio.

G

·
Crespo is a great player but I dont know if It would be wise to sepnd so much on him...Rivaldo+14 mil is very dear (we are talking about world player of the year- even though he does have a minor injury). Then again having a piece of the current 'best international team in the world' could be very wise move.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Crespo is a goalscorer, Rivaldo is an attacking Midfielder...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts