17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check news as soon as they appear

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Laziomania News and Guest Columns

Frey wants Lazio Posted May 26, 2000 - 20:40 by Mattias
Sebastian Frey is set to become Lazio's new goalkeeper. The 21 year old French ace, who has just finished a highly successful loan spell with Verona, has no intention of going back to Inter. "I want Lazio," he declared.

"I am not willing to go back to Milan to play in the reserves. I'm over and done with Inter. My contract expires in 2002, but I want to sign with Lazio by the end of this week."

Lazio have reportedly offered 25 billion lira (€13m) for Frey.

Meanwhile, Lazio continue to woo Hernan Crespo. Sergio Cragnotti, Lazio's president, had another meeting with the player's agent Gustavo Mascardi.

According to Mascardi, Crespo is eager to leave Parma, and Lazio is the first name on his list, Juventus the second.

Lazio are ready to offer Parma Marcelo Salas and Matias Almeyda plus 10 billion lira (€5m) for Crespo, who is currently in Argentina, training with his national side for a World Cup game against Bolivia.

RR

Ok for all of you who think this business is sane ... please raise a hand ??? There is no way on earth hernan is worth Almeyda + Salas + 5€ !!!! To Tanzi: If this deal go through you are my new idol.

I know Almeyda can´t accept the rotation system but come on !!! he´s one of the best defensiv midfielders in the world, voted best foregin player last season and he is in his prime ( 28 years old ). There are 2 negative sides to Almeyda 1) Temper / Carelessness which causes such briliant moves as being sent of in the UEFA cup final and giving the ball away against Valencia 2) Prone to injuries ( he was out alot 2 seasons ago and again this season.

Salas is great and he wants to stay in Lazio so let´s keep him shall we :) Ok Matador doesn´t score like he should but next season he will explode !!!

Tanzi please deny this deal and keep your players at Parma. Cragnotti buy some young talanted players and let Luca guard the goal one more season ( what about Concetti ?!?)

Ps. Of course if Crespo does decide that he can´t stay with Parma then I´d rather see him in Lazio then at Delle Alpi. The same goes for Canna, Thuram and Buffon.

Forza Lazio !!

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Let Parma keep him!!!!!!

ANOTHER ARGENTINIAN PLAYER!!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!????????

If this goes through, I dont know if I will be Laziale, since I aint from Argentina!!!
HATE THIS!!!!!

I am pissed to hear this news!!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
This deal can't be possible.. Cragnotti is a bussinessman isn't' he ?? Then he should know better then this crazy bid. Such transfers are killing us. If he has too much money i will give him my bank account number instead of wasting it like this ! I'm not saying Crespo isn't a good player but he ain't worth all this. Inter did a bid of 25$ million on Almeyda and then we're giving Salas also PLUS money ?? I don't get it. Salas didn't play good last half of the season but are we forgotten what he already did ? He played great until this bad period and now we're throwing him away while he loves to play for Lazio and does everything for it. I'm sure he will bring us some fantastic moments next season if we keep him. Crespo may be better then Salas (not much i think) but it is stupid to complete this deal to get a striker who is only a little bit better then the striker you have! It's just to please Veron i think cause Eriksson and Cragnotti loves him.. If Cragnotti does this he is stupid !!

p.s. about Almeyda, if he can't handle the rotation system and really wants to leave then sell him for what he's worth but don't use him in such a deal !!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Another argentino ok this is a problem in da long run,so meny good attackers and they want another expensiv Argentino....

JF

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I'm not impressed by Lazio's offer. Salas is useless to Parma and Almeyda is, as you say, injury prone and should at least recover fully from his last injury before being used in a part exchange deal. I think Tanzi should be wise and turn this bid down. Maybe for a Kovacevic + O'Neill deal from Juventus instead? :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Not complaining about Crespo but THE OFFER !

ALthough, we already have Lopez bought and now Crespo, soon we will have whole the argentina team ! The colors of our jersey our already appropriate...

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Possibly not the wisest deal in the history of footballing transfer...interesting to see how it developes because of course it comes down to Parma's ambitions! Do they want to remain mid-table, or challenge?

V

·
0 Posts
hello dudes, this is exiciting! not sure if i understood it correctly. are we willing to pay salas+almeyda and 5 mil$ for crespo?
if that is, in real money somewhere around 55 mil$ for crespo! wohiaa, that´s some heavy transfer. give salas 30 mil, almeyda 20 and then an additional 5? this rocks.
one hell of a transfer. we got one awsome striker force. imagine crespo and veron together? i´m cooking, sensi payed 35 mil$ for a 31-year old striker. we pay 20 more for primetime top of the notch argentininan potent striker pounds, only younger. this is smoking, praise the lord, i´ve seen the light. only regret is to lose salas.... to send me really buzzing would be to keep salas and make and extra ipo (bring in more money over the stockexchange, reimbursement).

marco

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know if the IF is still relevant. Check Laziomania tomorrow or calciomercato right now.

X

·
0 Posts
I'll explain it by one word.Ahem...
UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!
And I don't think Crag would confirm such a stupid deal.

-------------------------------------------
Forza Lazio!!!!
Scudetto Winners 1999-2000

·
Registered
713 Posts
Salas + Almeyda + money r u crazy !!!!
I am not a businessman but I realise that Lazio will be the looser in this deal !!
Salas is a great player but if Erikson doesn't see the things like this ! he is the only decider ; maybe he find the Crespo style is more adaptable to his tactic than the Salas one ...it's for him to decide

Welcome to Lazio Frey !!

V

·
0 Posts
is calciomercato trustworty? this looks good.
crespo says goodbye parma, hello lazio.
are we in the silly season, or what? but hey, i like this. let it be, when i find myself in times of trouble mother mary comes to me. speaking words of wisdom, let it be, let it be. oh dear, let it be.

marco

1 - 20 of 38 Posts