Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
I can only ****ing imagine the uproar this would have cost if god-forbid Milan had won 3-0 against Sassuolo.

Sevilla finished 9th and were awarded the Europa spot after Malaga and Rayo Vallecano were both disqualified. Malaga by UEFA, and Rayo by the Spanish Football Federation.

That being said, if Torino is now DQ'ed for whatever reason, I'll take it all back and get onboard with the conspiracies.
Milan will get 4-5 million euros by playing friendlies in the USA. And they get to do a regular pre-season without having to rush to play 6 mealiness games to qualify for the Europa League group stage(which gives you 1 million). It's either EL or Guinness Cup for Milan. Galliani wants the GC.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I can only ****ing imagine the uproar this would have cost if god-forbid Milan had won 3-0 against Sassuolo.

Milan will get 4-5 million euros by playing friendlies in the USA. And they get to do a regular pre-season without having to rush to play 6 mealiness games to qualify for the Europa League group stage(which gives you 1 million). It's either EL or Guinness Cup for Milan. Galliani wants the GC.
I think you're ignoring a lot of favorable decisions, over the years, going the way of a few specific clubs. Historically, Torino has pretty much never caught a break. See the difference?

I agree with the you though about Milan not wanting the Europa spot anyway.

juve are shitting on parma. thieve *****.

Milan finished 8th in the Serie A table.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/serie-a/

This is behind Torino and Parma. Both teams finished above Milan. Torino finished 7th. One place higher than 8th.

The European spot was allocated to the 6th place team, Parma, originally but has now deflected to the 7th place team Torino.

Both teams finished above Milan because they gathered more points than Milan or had a better goal difference. These are all verifiable statistics.

This is the purpose of the league table. It places teams above and below other teams based on games won and drawn throughout the 38 game season.

On the other hand, those 15-20 coefficient points that Milan won't win this year, might cost Milan much more than those 4-5 m eur they'll get from the US tour. These points will probably be the difference between pot 1 and pot 2, or pot 2 and pot 3, and not being in the better pots could very well be the reason for not qualifying for the CL knockouts some day in the next 5 years, thus lose a huge amount of money.

Also, noone can deny that Milan gave their all to qualify for the EL. They won 7 of the last 9 serie A matches, trying to get into the European competitions.

And finally, it's lunacy to involve Milan in any conspiracy related to Parma's disqualification from Europe, even if Torino weren't the first in line after Parma. If Milan wanted to play dirty, they'd have found a way to beat Atalanta two rounds before the end, and they'd win that 6th place.
Parma's exclusion is their and only their fault. It's a shame for Italy's coefficient, though, because Torino will probably be a punching bag now that they're losing Immobile, and probably Cerci later this summer.

Milan finished 8th in the Serie A table.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/serie-a/

This is behind Torino and Parma. Both teams finished above Milan. Torino finished 7th. One place higher than 8th.

The European spot was allocated to the 6th place team, Parma, originally but has now deflected to the 7th place team Torino.

Both teams finished above Milan because they gathered more points than Milan or had a better goal difference. These are all verifiable statistics.

This is the purpose of the league table. It places teams above and below other teams based on games won and drawn throughout the 38 game season.
Hmmm, Torino wins the 7th place on goal difference. They have the same number of points as Milan, and played two draws with Milan. H2h is the decisive factor, but away goals don't count here (unlike the euro competitions). That's why Torino gets the 7th place on goal difference. They have +10, while Milan have +8.
What I'm trying to say is that Doctor was right when he said that if Milan won 3:0 vs Sassuolo, instead of 2:1, they'd take Parma's place now. They'd have the same goal difference with Torino (58:48), but here the away goal rule would have been activated, and Milan would qualify for Europe since they played 2:2 in Torino, and 1:1 in Milano.

On the other hand, those 15-20 coefficient points that Milan won't win this year, might cost Milan much more than those 4-5 m eur they'll get from the US tour. These points will probably be the difference between pot 1 and pot 2, or pot 2 and pot 3, and not being in the better pots could very well be the reason for not qualifying for the CL knockouts some day in the next 5 years, thus lose a huge amount of money.

Also, noone can deny that Milan gave their all to qualify for the EL. They won 7 of the last 9 serie A matches, trying to get into the European competitions.

And finally, it's lunacy to involve Milan in any conspiracy related to Parma's disqualification from Europe, even if Torino weren't the first in line after Parma. If Milan wanted to play dirty, they'd have found a way to beat Atalanta two rounds before the end, and they'd win that 6th place.
Parma's exclusion is their and only their fault. It's a shame for Italy's coefficient, though, because Torino will probably be a punching bag now that they're losing Immobile, and probably Cerci later this summer.
It's true, but I doubt it's just going to be 15 or 20 points once Milan are ready to return to the Champions League. I doubt if Europa League is even achievable next year(Maybe through Coppa Italia). The 7 wins out of the last 9 games was Seedorf's fight for his job and it doesn't really tell at what state Milan will be next season. Especially considering that there will be only people getting sold. Paloschi could be the only player coming back, but Balo has to be sold first and a team has to be found for Matri.

...but they didn't.
Who said they did? Do you fully understand English? Do you know what the word "if" means?

You must be really fun at parties. People discuss a what if scenario and you say: but it didn't. What if the Nazis won the war? Oh but they didn't. What if the XT trolls were serious? Oh but they didn't.

No, wait, I'm picking it up now Doctor.

If Milan weren't mind numbingly shite, they might have finished 7th.

If Milan had any good players, someone might still acknowledge their relevance in football.

Yes, you're right.

This is rather fun!

Even if Milan ceases to exist at this moment you're never going to experience the ride Milan has been through the last 25 years. It will take centuries to equal the Serie A record and nevermind the CL record. Speaking of Champions League, Fiorentina might experience it again after WW3. In the end you'll still be a Tuscan peasant.

I know it's fun, peasants have dreams too, dream little peasant:thumbsup:

fiorentina are shite

Keep on living in the past like Liverfool fans...

Milan fans are awesome!:musik:

Keep on living in the past like Liverfool fans...

Milan fans are awesome!:musik:
never understood the liverpool comparison. they have 1 major title in 25 years

1 major title??

Anyways, I dont see milan challenging for anything in the coming few seasons.

And Facts are Fiorentina are doing better than Milan currently.

That's all that matters!!

fiorentina havent won anything in a long time, and that will continue for another 50 or so years. lol the coppa italia that got away.

silly peasants.

It will be helpful if you could stop being bitter of your club pathetic performances and face the reality.

Even if Milan ceases to exist at this moment you're never going to experience the ride Milan has been through the last 25 years. It will take centuries to equal the Serie A record and nevermind the CL record. Speaking of Champions League, Fiorentina might experience it again after WW3. In the end you'll still be a Tuscan peasant.

I know it's fun, peasants have dreams too, dream little peasant:thumbsup:
Oh!

So now suddenly you've become a stats man and lost the 'if' shit?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.