Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To tell the truth, I didn't know much about this coach, I think that he was in River in the past, but that's all.

Everyone are talking about Riquelme, Forlan, Reina and everyone... but what about the coach? I tend to like this quiet coaches, I think that they fit quite well in La Liga. While in England and Italy, the coaches could be the biggest stars of their teams (Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Capello, Ancellotti,...), Spain could be considered the "league of the players", since we dislike this "star coaches".

Pellegrini gives the protagonism to the players and he has built the team around Riquelme, knowing who has the lead in this team. Riquelme said so 2 days ago "me, the best? The team dies for me".

Riquelme has had Van Gaal, Antic, Floro, Paquito and Pellegrini, but he has found the glory in Spain with Pellegrini.

Which is the responsability of Manuel Pellegrini in this team? How do you rate him?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Pellegrini has got the Midas Touch or so they say. He's been champion with a number of teams, yet he has a couple of blunders in his lfe too.

He took San Lorenzo, LDU Quito and most recent River Plate to the top but he's sourly remebered by the way he left River Plate (pressured by fans to resign) and his dismal time at the helm of Universidad de Chile (one of the country's biggest club) where they were relegated for the first and only time in their history. The chaos was similar to Atletico's recent relegation, tho they did manage to bounce right back the following season (with a different coach ofcourse).

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Which is the responsability of Manuel Pellegrini in this team? How do you rate him?
Tons, but coaches aren't Gods, and the less is more with them, coaches like Pellegrini knows that, and are wise because they know that the ones that win/loose are the players, him being SA and from the attacking mentallity coaches understands what every role demand, if he didn't say to the team the ball pass through Roman, so that it pass through everyone, then Villareal won't be at this level, but is not the "is all about Roman BS too", if having a Ferrari, use it like a Ferrari, not like a FIAT, is asking to every role what the role demands, and the additions are yapa, is a common mistake in Spain of tons of coaches, to put themselves above their team, sorry not in Spain, in the world.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Villarreal boss Manuel Pellegrini has agreed to extend his contract until 2007, with the option of another year after that.
The Chilean coach arrived at the Primera outfit last summer having been sacked by River Plate in Argentina.
He signed an initial one-year deal at Estadio Madrigal with an option to extend it by a further year.
However, his performance in his first season in charge has led the Castellon-based outfit to hand him a new, extended contract.
After a slow start in the league, Villarreal have hit real form since the winter break winning four games on the trot and attracting widespread praise for their flowing football in the process.
They now lie sixth in La Primera, challenging for a UEFA Champions League spot and are also in the last 32 of the Uefa Cup.
Villarreal chief executive Jose Manuel Llaneza expressed his delight at securing Pellegrini on a new deal and added he hoped the South American would stay for many more years to come.
"The continuation of the coach is important," he stated. "Both our mission and his is to carry out a big project and spend many years together."

planetfootball

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
Manuel is a winner from the get go ... he's been offered the Chilean National Team coachinn position in countless ocassions...hes the chilean fans choice for that position also, but understandably so, he has refused...Why ?????? Isnt coaching your National Team the GOAL of every coach out there ??? Yes....but Chile's futbol is ran by a bunch of thiefs and racketeers...and I applaud Pelle's position..

If the Chilean Federation ever gets their crap on line...we might get to lure Pelle back to the homeland for the honor involved...otherwise...let him reap his successes wherever he may go !!!!

:cap:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
Pumba said:
very he is villarreal along wit roman
I copy you to the tee !!!!! :thmbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts