Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, but I somehow doubt it. First, because Figo willl simply not leave and second,I would simply die ;) Seriously though, I think it's pretty realistic, especially sice we've shown a lot of interest in Frenchmen lately - Desailly, Anelka and even Petit. Maybe Sanz will finally see we need just the one ZZ. :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Why the hell Zidane will go to Real Madrid when a club finishes 5th spot in a leaugue & will be playing UEFA cup where Juve will play CL next season.Zidane personally stated that he will stay at Juve, no more speculations :)

L

·
0 Posts
With the search for an attacking midfielder still going on I would like to put forward a suggestion in Deco of Porto. What do others think? I must point out this is solely my opinion and as far as I know Real have never been linked with the player.I feel he would not be as expensive as others and has shown his quality in the Champs League. He and Guti could battle out the creative midfield role.

By the way next season is there not an excess of defensive mids - Celades, Cambiasso, Ivan Helguera, Redondo plus Sanz's strange interest in players such as Petit and Makelele. Does this symbolise a change in formation?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't lie to yourself Mushfiq. We all know Real will be in the CL and besides that Real is a much bigger team then Juventus, so his move is a possibility. If Real offer him, he WILL leave. That's the only certain thing.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deco is a great player, BUT:
1) we need a playmaker, not another AM!
2) Guti is just as good
3) he would cost a lot! Porto bought him for 10 mln, so I don't wanna think how much we'd have to pay :(

in other words, our main targets remain:
1) Zidane
2) Tsartas
3) ???

And these are not coming:

1) Petit
2) Makalele (LOL?)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Seriously labas, have you heard that Zidane is a possibility, or it's just that you really want him? Because I have never seen it posted or written anywhere.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey! All I know is Zidane:
1) stated a number of times he would like to play in Spain. His wife wants this badly too.
2) he did not prolonge his contract this year, when given the chance
3) has been linked with numnerous moves - to liverpool even!, so why not us?
4) Juventus didn't take the title this year. Another dissapointment for ZiZou. How much can he take down there ;)?

Isn't that enough reasons? I know I'm being hypothetical and it's a bit of a wish, but it's not a total dream. And just think, when we win the CL tonight, Real will once again be the dream-team for every player in the world. Doesn't everyone want to play for the best? :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's just it - ha has NOT signed a new contract. Juve offered him a new one and he refused! :)

D

·
0 Posts
A few weeks ago, Lorenzo Sanz himself said that they were in negotiations for a Frenchman and it's definitely neither Zidane nor Petit. More likely he was talking about Desailly, Dalmat (he's now signed with PSG), or Makelele. Don't just laugh Makelele off because, according to AS, he is one of the more probable summer acquisitions by Real Madrid. At least he has a better chance of coming than Zidane. Face it Labas, every fan wants a Zidane in his club, but we've got to be realistic about Zizou coming to ours. He simply isn't coming.

On Deco, like most Brazilians he's talented, but like most Brazilians he's non-EU (unless of course he's got an EU passport, in which case, pardon my ignorance). As Labas said, he ain't a playmaker but an attacking midfielder like Guti to whom we should give more chances next season because he's not so young anymore.

[This message has been edited by dwMB (edited 24-05-2000).]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Zidane's reason for wanting to leave Juve that his wife wanted to live near the beach?
I don't think there is a beach in Madrid. hehe :)

P

·
0 Posts
As I understood, his wife was homesick and wanted to go back to her native Spain.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for clearing that up Pablo. Oly's ignorance is really starting to bother me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts