Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished watching the Ireland match where Suker scored the winner in injury time to keep us in the hunt for Euro 2000 and thought of this thread. Wha tis the craziest or most emotional you've gotten after an NT goal?? I think my top 3 (with a tie for 3) are,

1. Suker against Ireland Euro 2000 qualifiers.
2. Jarni against Germany WC 1998
3. Suker against Germany EC 1996, and against France WC 1998

Now guys I know there are so many goals and to be honest I g ocrazy after every NT goal even against Andorra, but just try to remember the ones that were like an out of body experience. I would have put the 2 goals against Yugosranija, but I'd rather forget that game.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Just finished watching the Ireland match where Suker scored the winner in injury time to keep us in the hunt for Euro 2000 and thought of this thread. Wha tis the craziest or most emotional you've gotten after an NT goal?? I think my top 3 (with a tie for 3) are,

1. Suker against Ireland Euro 2000 qualifiers.
2. Jarni against Germany WC 1998
3. Suker against Germany EC 1996, and against France WC 1998

Now guys I know there are so many goals and to be honest I g ocrazy after every NT goal even against Andorra, but just try to remember the ones that were like an out of body experience. I would have put the 2 goals against Yugosranija, but I'd rather forget that game.
Even though a tie would have been good enough to go on..but the Petric goal against England in Wembly was something else. But I think the Suker goal against France was by far one of the craziest reactions..I was at the Stadium and the Croatian fans just went ape. It was amazing.

But there was also that Volek goal in Game 7 against the penguins in the 1993 playoffs to win for the Islanders...he entire bar was rocking after that goal. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Suker vs. Ireland is #1 for me, but when this goal went in my whole house nearly exploded even though we didn't need the game.

[tub]SZ1jhKlTUrs[/tub]

I love watching this video too:

[tub]YJgylk5gZhk[/tub]

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
David Volek lol... I remember that goal against the Penguin's Tom Barrasso. Poor Volek sufferred with a bad back and if I recall he didn't last long. Didn't my HABS then kick the Islanders butt in the Conference final???:thumbsup:

Back to the topic... in no order... Milan Rapaic's goal against Italy, Prso's goal against France, Jarni's against Germany (might be my favourite), and Suker's goal against France (we were still hugging and jumping and those bastard's tied it up). Can't forget Suker's goal against Holland which got me out of that acute depressive state that followed the France loss.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
We were a tired team when you beat us in 93. :) actually if I remember, Habs won in 5 and 3 of the games went into OT. Though, I'm convinced had the isles beaten Montreal, they too would have beaten the Kings in the Finals.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Suker in the 90th+ minute against Ireland truely was amazing!

Let's not forget Prso against Slovenia 2003 when we went down to 10 men WHAT AN EFFORT! And celebration!

Yes Rapajic against Italy in 2002 very sweet!

Boksic against Belgium 2001, broke my buddies nose hehe!

Suker vs France 98 WOW!

Prso vs France 2004!!!

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Rapaić against Italy.
Suker vs Ireland

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Olic against Italy, anyone have a pic of the shirt he wore underneath? I can't remember what it was?

Petric against England.

A weired one, Prosinecki against Jamaica, one of my first memories watching the NT, i was 8 at the time and i remember watching the game with the rest of my family, went crazy.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
Suker vs France...I still remember it like yesterday....

Boksic vs the Belgians late (the bar went nuts when it went it)

Srna vs Sweden free kick in Sweden...

Petric vs England ("mighty" England on its knees...)

Prso vs the slovenians...down to 10 men, I thought it was over...then pure joy:proud:...

Rapaic vs the Italians...a bunch of us were watching (it was like 5 in the morning) and when he scored we went crazy..thought the neighbours would call the cops...:pp

·
Registered
494 Posts
Rapaić against Italy.
OMG when he scored that goal the whole pub started shouting, jumping and screaming for like 15 minutes.

Also when Petric scored for 3:2 against England...lets just say I coudnt speak for 3 days.

When Boksic sent us to WC against Belgians I was on the north stand of Maksimir and everybody went bezerk, totalno ludilio je nastalo.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Many of the goals mentioned above are personal favorites and I guess maybe the Petric goal at Wembley might be at the top for me since I was at the game and it's still fresh in my memory, but one goal I still rank high is the last minute connection of Srnas cross to Eduardo against Macedonia during these qualifiers. To me personally, that was a must win game to take control of the group. When we got that goal and won that match I noticed how most media started giving the team respect and said Croatia was in control of the group. We were and we pretty much held on from there.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I completely forgot about Rapaic's goal against the Italians!!! My God I was in Scorpios that early morning and I'll never forget what happened after he scored, total mayhem, people were storming the bar and I happened to get hit by the wave, it was like Boca's fans storming the fences after a goal at the bombonera!!!!!:scream:

·
Registered
69,639 Posts
me personally it was Niko Kovac scored against England in Euro 2004, but of course it didn't mean much at the end

for a players point of view, I don't know, Croatia hasn't scored a big goal in a tournament for a while now :lala:

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Suker vs. France.

I didn't even say anything, because my heart stopped and started to pray, then Thuram ended it. I was still praying when he scored. It was the only time I reacted that way, I'll never forget it because I was literally solemn for the whole time until my buddy screamed at the tv and I saw the French celebrating.

Usually me and the boys at Monahan's tear up the seats and chairs, start throwing them around and all, when the big goals are scored, like Boksic's against Jugo, but he biggest celebration during that whole tenure was probably Suker's against Italy to qualify for Euro 96.

Cheersch

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Suker V France....that one f.ucked with my emotions...

Rapajic & Olic V Italy...at my house with 2 other cro mates...and about 8 Itals...so you imagine how sweet that one was....and how drunk i got that night :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts