Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the Juve - Parma scandal Cragnotti issued a statement saying that a) Lazio might be sold or pulled out of Serie A b) That the refeering system in italy doesn´t work.

a) Cragnotti won´t sell Lazio nor do I think he want´s to abandon Serie A

b) The system must change TODAY !!

Was it the right move from Cragnotti to blame the refs ?? Well I´m doubtful to be honest but I hope so. Let´s paint two scenarious:

1) The refs after having been so harshly punished by Cragnotti will take it upon themselves to punish Lazio - thus we can expect more dubious calls in the future.

2) There will be massive media coverage and the press will together with the heads of all clubs except for Milan and Juve who sit on the golden chairs in Serie A, applying massive pressure on the italian football federation. Last season Sensi ( roma pres ) lashed out at the federation and the refs, this season everybody remembers Morattis ( inter pres ) furious outbursts - we can surely add both Tanzi and Checci to the team and I´m sure that presidents of midtable clubs such as Udinese, Bologna etc will feel the same.

Eriksson has suggested for a long time that we use refs behind the goals to avoid such situations - I say this must happen but I also think that UEFA must take action and demand a deeper investigation of the ref situation in Serie A.

I´m extremely surprised by the way some people decide what´s best for italian football. I see a picture where some old men are sitting and giving favours to Juve and Milan because they think that these teams are the best to represent Serie A and maybe because Juve use alot of italian players they are considered extra important in the sense that it´s important for the italian national.

I also think that the italian refs know that it will be very hard to make a career as a ref if you don´t please Juve and Milan at home.

I doubt very much that there are money being given by anyone in Juventus or Milan to fix games - that may be the case on occasions but I think that these occasions are very rare indeed. Still today there where errors commited that we don´t see anywhere else in europe ?!? and why is that ?? In the PL they play more games then in Serie A so in theory there is a higher statistical chance of fuxk ups then in Serie A the same in La Primera.

Is it strange that Juventus can decide 8 games on penalties and that´s more then Lazio and Parma together and still Lazio has scored and played much better then Juventus for almost the entire season - Statisticly that´s just not possible since I´m sure that if you look at the nr of times we are in the penalty box during the games and the nr of chances we create must be equal to the nr of chances Juve creates - but I´m sure we create more since we also scored about 15 goals more.

How is it that after each and every Lazio game played the lowest marked man on the field is always the ref ( Gazzetta ) ?? Is this strange to anyone that the ref always get´s a low grade in Gazzetta a turin based paper known all over the world.

My biggest fear is that people will in 5 years time look at an old calendar and see during the 90s - Juve won like 6 scudettos or whocares and Milan the rest and they will say that these teams are beautiful and deserve the respect and status that they have. I pray that this won´t happen because we all know that some seasons Juve and Milan just wouldn´t allow the scudetto to end up anywhere else.

What do I feel about a euro leauge then ?? Well first I feel that we have given up and it won´t matter much because Juventus and Milan will have a more guaranted place in it that we. Secondly there are 6 teams in Serie A that should rightfully have a place in that euro leauge counting Parma and Roma as our equals of course. 6 teams from one country is impossible so how will that work out then ??

Third I really have a bond to Serie A and I wish for it to continue in the same shape it has - as the best leauge in the world. At the moment Serie A is in need of serious surgery ( lobotomy ) but after that I feel we will be fine.

I don´t blame Cragnotti for his statement and it´s easy to understand his frustration since he has done all that can be done but this is the second year that a " funny " situation might stop us from reaching the goal.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Getting fed up with this......

1- Cragnotti is an idiot.
2- The refereee didn't cancel a Parma goal. He MIGHT have made a mistake on the infringement, but he was wellplaced and whislted immediately- BEFORE Cannavaro headed the ball home.
3- I wonder why nobody has mentioned the situation where Bologna had a strong penalty appeal turned down in the 3rd minute of todays match. But that was against the mighty S.S Lazio so maybe that doesn't count.....

Ciao.

J

·
0 Posts
I'm seeing Cannavaro's goal since 22: the referee whistled AFTER!!! What penalty? What have you seen? I think there was a penalty for Parma, foul on Fuser. Ok?

·
Registered
859 Posts
1)I don't think Lazio has played better than Juve this season.

2)Even if Cragnotti wanted to remove Lazio from the Serie A he would not be able to...so he should take back his words

3)i think it is by coincidence that these two teams have been the only two to dominate the Italian league in the 1990s and not because some people decided so...because this cannot be sustained...it might as well have been Lazio and Inter

4)it makes me Sad when people don't try to appreciate other's achievements, even though it is sometimes at their expenses but then it is all apart of the fun, i know many of you feel bitter and these words are not going to change how you feel about Juventus right now...but in my opinion Juventus deserves the championship as much as Lazio does...none of the two deserves it better coz they both played well this season.

J

·
0 Posts
So the rightest thing would have been the playoff game. But De Santis...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats to Lazio on a great season. Being a neutral observer of Serie A, I enjoy watching Lazio play attractive Football all year long. After seeing the Juve game today, I feel I must finally air my views Serie A has a serious problem with the credibility of their league. The officiating is god awful. I noticed a definate biased, both this and last year towards Juve and AC Milan. (both media darlings) Poor officating is not helping any serie A team. Just look at Serie A's success in europe this year. It seems that your teams have trouble in europe, because they are so used to playing with poor refs in Serie A, Its hard for them to adjust.
Clearly the best team this year is Lazio. Out of all of the top teams in Europe this year in the top four leagues. Juve is by far the least attractive, negative footballing team of all of the top teams entering the champions league next year. They will be found out. I think Juve would secretly wish that the old back pass rule be reinstituted by FIFA. They are playing for a Scudetto today and their Stadium isn't even full.
It seems that the only way Lazio can to win the Serie A like Man U/Monaco did this year, win it going away, take the refs out of the equation.
Id love to see a playoff between Lazio and Juve, although I suspect Juve would pack 10 players in the defensive mid-field and play for penalties.

D

·
0 Posts
Shaq, just like Shaquille O' neal this shows that you don't jack **** about football so shut up. if Juve and Milan cannot adjust to Europe how do you justify their success in Europe...Milan in the early nineties and Juve in the late nineties (three consecutive finals and four consecutives semis.)so please stop it just go and watch basketball

P

·
0 Posts
Glen,
Why take the risk to blow the whistle after the header?
Of course he blew before. He didnt even gave Parma the opportunity to equalize.

It was SOO made up, and Im suprised if anyone who supports any team but Juve can disagree on that!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Arrrhh. Petter come on ! Don't tell me it's not significant whether the call was made before or after.
I still think the call was wrong in the first place, as I had troubble seing what Cannavaro did to Kovacevic who simply tumbled over and the ref. fell for it. That's like Kova diving and being rewarded. No doubt that's a tough break for You guys, but it had nothing to do with any goals.

Ciao.

D

·
0 Posts
Did anyone heard Ancelotti's statement.He said: If the ref blew, he must have seen something.
No comment!
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Didi, I don't deal with the past, just the present, Lazio had the greatest sucess in europe this season. Explain to me how Milan could'nt even get qualify for a Uefa spot and How about Juve's fine performance against a Mid-table Premira Club? Serie A's overall performance speaks for itself. Your Beloved Sacci, coach of the great AC milan teams of the early 90's was the one who mentioned that serie A is having trouble adjusting in euorpean competitions because of poor officiating in serie A. I guess he dosen't know jack **** about football.

P

·
0 Posts
Glen,
There is one fact we all have to face, the ref blew his whistle. End of story.

The points and consequences are:
1, The Referee blew the whislte.
2, As far as I saw, there was no foul.
3, Juve will win Scudetto.

What Im saying is, IF the ref really wanted Juve to win, it doesent matter when the signal came.
If his signal was early, he spoiled the chance for Parma, if it was late he simply took away a goal from them. So to me, it doesent really matter.

What does the Italian Papers say today? Anyone?

------------------
Forza Lazio

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Fortunatly the Italian papers are not as forgiving as you, Petter! There are stories in Corriere della sera and Gazetto dello sport who all speak of a shameful situation and rightly so. Let's face it, what happend yesterday was just terrible!! Not just for Parma, not just for Lazio but for all of serie A footbal. It's not the first time this has happend either. So we are faced with a serious problem. It is not as simple as you put it and I really can't understand why you say it doesn't matter??

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
CORRIERE DELLO SPORT

Cannavaro: "I heard the whistle just after I had headed home. These things happen when the referee sees a player on the ground."

TUTTOSPORT

De Santis: "I blew before Cannavaro's header"

LA REPUBBLICA

"Referee robs Parma of a point"

The CORRIERE DELLA SERA sites the match referee as having given a helping hand to the Bianconeri and cannot understand why Cannavaro's goal was not awarded

------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from Tuttosport (surprise,surprise) the Italian press hammers juve.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

A

·
0 Posts
Svennis, Just want to say that Cragnotti did the right thing. Don't doubt his decisions !!! SERGIO IS THE MAN !!!!

Glen, I have always respected you but this time you have gone too far.
1. How the hell can you say that Cragnotti is an idiot?? Because he doesn't want to play with YOUR rules anymore? Because he is tired of spend money and then see that the results are not decided on the field? YOU are used to win everything and because of that you think that you deserve to have advantages ?? What happened at Delle Alpi yesterday was a SCANDAL and we have had enough of this humiliation. Like Cragnotti said, why try to build a winning team when you can't play for the victory on the field.
Cragnotti finally dares to do something, but maybe YOU are scared that things will change and that YOU will be treated like we have this year.
GIVE IT UP !! WE HAVE BEEN HUMILIATED FOR TWO YEARS NOW…WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH !!!

This is an advice from me to all Juve fans: DON'T MAKE YOURSELF LOOK RIDICULOUS BY NOT "SEE" WHAT IS GOING ON.

I respect all Juve fans but don't try to make up different stories, about what is happening in other games. You know as well as everyone (and now it is known in the world and not only in Italy) that things haven't been fair this season (probably not the 2 seasons before this either…).

2. He blew his whistle AFTER Cannavaro headed the ball. There is TV to prove that.

3. You are right, there was a doubt situation in the 3rd minute and although I think that Marchegiani took the ball before the legs of the player no one has mentioned it. But no one has mentioned those 2 (!!!) Disallowed goals Lazio scored yesterday. And one of them shouldn't have been disallowed because just like in Juventus-Parma the goal was regular.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I agree with Svennis to some extent, and I can also see that Shaq has a good point there actually.
When later in the future people look at the statistics, they won't see Serie A as a tough league with the magnificent 7 teams, at least not in the 90s where the champs are either Juve or Milan. Sampdoria were the last to break the tradition. So only 2 teams dominated Serie A in 80-90s, while definitely at least 3 different teams have become champs in other strong European leagues -Bundesliga,PL,Primera,French league...So, judging by stats alone, the argument that Serie A is THE best league wouldn't stand. Because, no matter how the scudetto race was like in 80s-90s, at the end it was either Juve or Milan. Remember Inter, Lazio and Vincenza? They all merely finished second, and in statistical terms, 2nd place doesn't count.
If I were a Juve supporter, that wouldn't change the team I supported, of course. For it's not the fault of the team nor the players themselves. But I would question, why, if there were people high up there who fix the scudetto (this is assuming there were), why did they have so little faith in those teams? Did they think that without some help Juve or Milan couldn't do it themselves? Then it's a pity. Because what I see is, even without the help from others, teams like Juve and Milan should still manage to win trophies.
I might be a little astray here, but I'll take the example of O. Marseille in early 90s, a good team they were, the champs. But then, the bribery scandal (not of the ref, but of the opponent team) came out into the open. And the league title that they got was taken off; and someone went to jail; they got relegated. It was a shame to them because they realized it as well that even without bribing the opponent team then, they would still manage to win the title! And look what they got...not just humiliation, but relegation. Well, they've bounced back from that shame ever since, which simply prove that they're actually a capable team which don't need to stoop to briberies.
I'm not accusing Juve of briberies, for it's not proven yet. But just say if there are people who favor Juve or Milan up there, why stoop so low? Why don't they believe that without their help these two teams are still great? What these people do only tarnish the reputation and image of the 2 teams. Were I a Juve or Milan fan, I wouldn't want any help from those people either for I believe that my team can manage to win fairly!
So my hope is simply that this incident will be an eye-opener, and will bring a drastic change to the system in Serie A. It's the right time for Cragnotti to cry for investigations. Scudetto may be Juventus' this season, fair enough, but if the system in Serie A gets improved after this scandal, let's hope for better seasons ahead. Not just for Lazio of course, but also for the benefit of Serie A.

Forza Lazio

P

·
0 Posts
Boyo,
Who said I was forgiving?

I think this is a scandal, just like You(?) and just as many (If not all) of my fellow Laziofans do.

------------------
Forza Lazio

1 - 17 of 17 Posts