Cragnotti junior, Massimo, said 'If games aren't
decided on the pitch what's the point in buying
new players?'

Cragnotti is furious
Lazio president Cragnotti is furious about what
happened it Turin today and said 'I talked to my
father and we agreed either to leave the club or
to pull it out of the Serie A.'

LAZIO, Eriksson and Governato refure to appear on TV.
Lazio coach Eriksson and club sports director
Nello Governato are so angr about the disallowed
Cannavaro goal that they won't appear on TV this
evening.

You don't need to be Einstein to figure out that todays episode of "robbing Juve" seriously hurts Serie A and its reputation. It's unheard of really. Makes me wonder what kind of country Italy really is.

S

·
0 Posts
Is this really true??? The Cragnotti thing is a joke I can see but the other thing???

·
International
8,545 Posts
VERDI, what does this have to do with the country Italy? If the match was fixed, and I stress IF, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's the Italian league. Match fixing happens in a lot of places, not just in Italy.

There were bad calls, and the ref may have favoured Juve, but that doesn't mean they paid him off.

I'm not a Juve fan, but they played better than Parma and deserved to win.

Say what you will about Juve, but please don't insult Italy.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Of course it´s true - Cragnotti should take this matter all the way up to the highest possible level.

The actions of the refs in Serie A is killing italian football and all credibility that it once had. How can Cragnotti stand by and watch the title get robbed for the second season running ??? Last season we should have had a penalty against Fiorentina in the game before the last, the ref was a known Lazio hater and he didn´t blow. The following evening TV showed the situation atleast 10 times and there was no doubt in anyones mind that it was a 100% clear penalty.

Today the game before the last the very same thing happens - Cannavaro scores from a header in the 89th minute and the ref blows his whistle ?? The replay shows nothing over and over again and we the fans of other teams then Milan / Juventus can only raise our hands in disbelif.

You have to blame the media in italy for not doing the right thing, media has a responsibility towards the public but in italy the headlines will say " Alex scores seasons first goal to take Juventus 1 game closer to scudetto nr 2485 whatever ". Instead it should say " Bad refeering threatens the future and repuatation of Serie A ".

I hope that Cragnotti, Sensi, Moratti, Checci, Tanzi and the presidents of Bologna, Udinese etc launch nation wide protests against the corruption of Serie A and that they demand the departure of the Italian football federation.

Probable outcome will be that Serie A will continue without Lazio - Inter - Milan and Juventus as they are set for a European Leauge according to Eriksson.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's no joke! It's from Calciomercato actually and I doubt that they will "joke" about this in a moment like this...

·
International
8,545 Posts
Svennis, just like you said about the Lazio hating ref. He may hate Lazio and shouldn't ref the game, but that doesn't mean he's bought by anybody. Perhaps the referees should be evaluated and appropriate steps taken to solve the problems. You simply cannot say that the ref was bought because you don't know. You may THINK that and even have things to back up your opinion, but unless you actually saw an agreement, you can't this for sure.

Milan beat Juve 2-0 not too long. Did Milan buy Juve in that game?

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
IVO, I think VERDI just wanted to point out that this incident reflects badly on Serie A and even on Italy. And though it's generalizing to think that way, people tend to generalize.
And VERDI, I thought the source you mentioned has been cited as not a reliable source? Personally I believe more in what Mattias has put in LazioMania website...
And yes I believe Cragnotti should really do something about it, eventhough perhaps not THAT extreme! It's natural for him, his son, Eriksson, and the players to lose faith, to be devastated...perhaps it's stupid for me to believe...but I still believe.

Forza Lazio!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Why are we keep playing in Serie A if there always some certains team win the league.....

I think it is wise decision (or maybe just to threat FIGC to provide much better referees) to pull out Lazio (and other big teams) from Serie A..... let juve plays in their own league, so they don't have to spend money more on the referees.......

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Personally, I believe that pulling out of Serie A is not the solution. I believe in figthing not running away. In most cases, running away from something just delays the outcome. Although there are instances where it's best to escape, this is not one of them in my opinion.
It's no use condemning Serie A...but we as fans can actually contribute in improving it. The pressure from fans can actually make a difference.
It may be stupid of me, but I still have faith...

Forza Lazio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts