Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our former president Sergio Cragnotti was this morning arrested in his home in Toscana following the police investigation of Cirio's activities. Sergio Cragnotti's son and his son-in-law were arreseted too. Former Cirio manager Paolo Micolini was placed under house arrest.

Lazio is not reported to be involved in the investigation.

They arrested Tanzi pretty fast, I wonder what took them so long to crack down on Cragnotti. Calcio sure has some dodgy personalities. :D

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Well I would just like to say "I told you so" :tongue: You know who you are the people who defended Cragnotti as not being what he really is...;)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
You do understand that arrested is not exactly the same as guilty, right?;)
Don't know about Crag, but I wonder about his son Masimo - he was so bloody stupid, what has he managed to do wrong?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
was so bloody stupid, what has he managed to do wrong?
...all he had to do is listen to his dad and put he's signature where he shouldnt have to.....

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I know that, aca, I was trying to make a joke but forgot the smiley. It wasn't too funny anyway...:rolleyes:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
You do understand that arrested is not exactly the same as guilty, right?;)
Don't know about Crag, but I wonder about his son Masimo - he was so bloody stupid, what has he managed to do wrong?
Strange I posted proof of his frauds in this very forum (He de-frauded Cirio in South America subsidery where he has been banned from operating in for 5 years and fined too) only people to post in it were me and Cam...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I remember your thread and I even posted in it.;) The strange thing is if really there was so much evidence against Cragnotti why didn't he leave Italy and tried to hide somewhere?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
I remember your thread and I even posted in it.;) The strange thing is if really there was so much evidence against Cragnotti why didn't he leave Italy and tried to hide somewhere?
Why should he go into exile...especially in Italy...where the corrupt are looked after...you think Tanzi being in jail is what they do to fradulent businessmen??? He is just being made an example of a la Rio Ferdinand case had it been a less controversial story then he would have been fined but nope he got banned more then a drug taker would...same goes for Tanzi the extent of what he has done obviously covers the world but had it been an isolated case of just affecting business and people in a small way you can bet he would be free but with a fine.

So it just comes down to Italian politics as always which is unfair and confusing in it's own right. Cragnotti has no reason to run since what he has done isn't really controversial enough...had their been a big media frenzy over his dealings then yes he would go into exile but since he only created ripples and not waves in business he gets away.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cragnotti is a man who has brought Lazio to another level, like it or not, we owe our success to this man. He invested lots of money in us, to buy players like Veron, Vieri, Nedved, Stankovic, Crespo .. etc

But the only mistake he made was not thinking before he bought players, he used " Non-existent " funds to buy players and it was a big gamble which we lost in the end.

The 4-0 thrashing of Milan earlier is dedicated to Cragnotti, the last time we won Milan was 14 years back before this Coppa Italia clash. I am sure Cragnotti will be very proud of this Lazio.

Grande Cragnotti
Thank you for everything you have done.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Darran said:
But the only mistake he made was not thinking before he bought players, he used " Non-existent " funds to buy players and it was a big gamble which we lost in the end.
That was indeed the major mistake that also brought us in the sorry financial state we are now but that was certainly not the only one.

When we won Lo Scudetto we had a very, very good team that was build so well where every player knew eachother. Don't change a winning team, as the old saying goes but that's exactly what he did. Cragnotti wanted superstars and he went for Crespo who of course is a great player but he came at too high a price. The balance in the team was destroyed when Almeyda and Conceicao moved to Parma. Almeyda was at the time the world's best defensive midfielder and there was no replacement for Sergio on the right.

He did the same again soon after: Sold Nedved without finding an adequate replacement and tried to replace Veron with Mendieta who didn't even want to join Lazio.

Yes, I'm grateful of what Cragnotti brought us but he is also responsible of our downfall. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes, he was someone like Russia in the earlier days, trying to achieve a " Super power " status but lacking the necessary funds to do so.

But it was because of him, we have risen to the top, without him, we would still be a mid-table team trying to finish in the top half of the table.

I will forever be grateful to Cragnotti for spending millions on bringing Lazio to another level, even now we are having some financial problems, but it is being sorted out, and very soon, we can play with some peace.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Biancoceleste said:
Yes, I'm grateful of what Cragnotti brought us but he is also responsible of our downfall. :)
Hey hey, we havn't fallen anywhere.

Anyway,
Since Crangiotti is responsible for our most glorious years and then, practically, the dismantlment of the team, you could say he's neutral because they cancel eachother out.:)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
If Cragnotti is going to be taken to court and charged for fraud or whatever, maybe we should look into the activities of all Serie A club owners. Italia's PM and Milan owner is a fraud also.

Cragnotti is just the only one that was arrested out of all of these criminal businessmen

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Argentina said:
If Cragnotti is going to be taken to court and charged for fraud or whatever, maybe we should look into the activities of all Serie A club owners. Italia's PM and Milan owner is a fraud also.

Cragnotti is just the only one that was arrested out of all of these criminal businessmen
Actually Tanzi and Cechi Gorri have been arrested too. But I agree with you. Berlusconi even enforced new laws making him immune to trials and such likes while he is a PM, right?:mad:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
Actually Tanzi and Cechi Gorri have been arrested too. But I agree with you. Berlusconi even enforced new laws making him immune to trials and such likes while he is a PM, right?:mad:
Yes the slithering bastard made himself immune and also there after...:groan:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts