Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interview with Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti, from the today's newspaper "La Repubblica".

Question: Roma president Franco Sensi has said: "As long as Moggi is in football, Roma and Lazio will not win the scudetto".
Answer: Moggi is not so important. Juventus, the Agnellis, 100 years of success count more than him. They win and they want to go on with that.

Q: Next Sunday the Curva Nord will be empty for 15 minutes.
A: I think it's a civil protest. But I would prefer a scudetto party. Because the team deserve it.

Q: Will Eriksson stay?
A: Yes. He deserves it, next Sunday we will break our record of Serie A points. We don't need revolutions, we are already a strong team. In the latest matches, our coach has done evrything well: at Piacenza, for example, Simeone has come in at the right moment and has changed the run of the match. Simeone has always been decisive. But Sven has made a mistake.

Q: What mistake?
A: During the Chistmas break. I told him to take the team to Hong Kong for a tour, but he said that the team needed special trainings so the team remained at Formello. After the break, instead, the team didn't play well. I was right, we had to go on tour, Mancini thought the same. But then again, without those special trainings perhaps the team wouldn't be so in form until the end of the championship.

Q: Lazio need a centre-forward.
A: I would like to bring Vieri back to Rome. We will see what Inter president Moratti thinks about it.

Q: Inter and Manchester United want to buy Veròn.
A: Veròn stays put, he always present us with great football. My dream is a Lazio with Vieri and Lopez as forwards and Veròn behind them.

Q: There's any sale in sight?
A: Evrybody wants our players, but I don't want to sell anyone. I have to improve the team furtherly. For example, Juventus want Nesta. I really hope that the lads don't take advantage of this situation by asking for a pay rise. I'm proud of them, they have had a great season.

Q: Back to the centre-forward. Many teams want Batistuta.
A: I think he costs too much, taking in consideration his age. No, he will not come at Lazio.

Q: And Crespo?
A: He will stay at Parma. Parma president Calisto Tanzi will not sell him.

Q: What about Rivaldo?
A: I want to think about the transfer market from next Monday on. Because I haven't lost all my hope of winning the scudetto.

[This message has been edited by aquila (edited 10-05-2000).]

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
AQUILA IS THE REASON TO VISIT THIS FORUM :) !!!

I´m sure that everybody can see what a wonderful president Lazio has !!

Forza Sergio Cragnotti !!

Still there will be some changes in the team and I really can´t see Salas here if the Lopez deal is 100% ( which it is :) )

Maybe not the smartest thing to say: My dream is to see Lopez - Vieri and Veron behind them since that puts Simone Inzaghi on the ?? bench/stands/other team.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I'd love to see Bobo back.

Sven, that leaves Simone off to join J*** where he and his brother can be caught offside all the while and dive whenever given the chance! :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Yeah adriaan...it gives me the creeps (as one of those who don't want Rivaldo in Lazio). I guess that may really mean that Rivaldo is coming, after all.
Whatever change there'll be, I hope it'll be for the better to our beloved team!

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I'd love to see Bobo back.

Sven, that leaves Simone off to join J*** where he and his brother can be caught offside all the while and dive whenever given the chance! :)

D

·
0 Posts
Natalya:
Brilliant letter !!!!
I still can't stop laughing !!!!!!!

Juventini:Ladri D'Italia.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
37,930 Posts
Yes Cragnotti's silence about Rivaldo is worrying me... I just saw
Barcelona-Valencia and what did Rivaldo do? Just about nothing!!
Sure Barcelona won, but more in spite of Rivaldo then because
of him. Claudio Lopez on the other hand played a great match,
so I rather have one of him than two Rivaldo's.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Actually i'd like Vieri to come back! Because we really need a centre forward like him.Claudio Lopez and Vieri will be great.
But i don't support the idea of buying Rivaldo_Of course He is a great player.But please consider this.He left Deportivo and Deportivo are going to be the champions.So if this club has a potential to get the title, we see they can get it without him.Look at Barcelona ! They won nothing this year.And i think in Italy defensive game is much more harder than in spain and I believe in Serie A he can not show his abilities like in Spain.(like ronaldo)
So plus we have midfielders like Veron,Nedved,Stankovic,Conceicao,Simeone ve don't need to pay him 60 million and don't need to buy him.He is very expensive and he is not the first player we need...
Instead of him i'd prefer to pay huge amount of money and get Thuram...Imagine he is playing together with Nesta.
Or there is another strategy we can buy players from Juventus! to hit them.We will be stronger they will be weaker..
Finally i believe Cragnotti will do the best.Because Eriksson knows the team very very well and he knows what we need!

J

·
0 Posts
It would be great to have Bobo back !
Bobo is just the kind of player we need and he is Italian.
Bobo is a player who gives his all for the team. Bobo is a real fighter. He is also very honest: he does NOT throw himself to the ground as soon as he get to the penalty area.
You can't say that about other Italian forwards !
Bobo & Lopez would be a great combination for next season.
Rivaldo can stick his money to his a** !
blackeagle has a point. Defensive play is much better in Italy than in Spain.
Ronaldo did over 30 goals in Spain but what has he done in Italy ? Not much...
If Crag wants Bobo back then I guess that we don't need Rivaldo, do we ?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Ronaldo scored 25 goals in his first season for Inter. That's rather good isn't it. Then France '98 came along. Ronaldo played well the entire tournament until the final. After that final he hasn't been himself. It's a pity really because an in form Ronaldo is something every football fan should love to see.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
About Vieri, when was the last time he managed a season without injuries? In his Juve season? He only played 24 games for Atletico, for Lazio he hardly played before Christmas and this year he has been out on numerous occasions as well. So go ahead and buy him back. I guarantee that he won't play more than 20-25 games...

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Well i thought that if batigol crespo or rivaldo cam we should sell salas. But if Bobo comes why should we sell Salas as he is very good with Vieri

Lopez Vieri with inzaghi and salas cover

then we could have ravanelli as a reserve

FORZA LAZIO!
only problem i can see is the money!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts