Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really think so!!He is following Moratti's footstep!!!Spend money like crazy!!!The Crespo deal I personally think is not a good deal!No doubt that Crespo is a very good striker!But losing Almayda,Conceicao and 18m is just too much for him!!Parma should be the winner of this deal!And what is more,Cragnotti seems can't stop spending!!He wants Zenden,Rivaldo,Fiore!!!!It's understanable to want Zenden,to replace Conceicao,but why the hell he still wants Rivaldo and FIore?!!You already have Veron in midfield and a talented Stankovic!!How do you settle them as I 'm sure none of these superstars are willing to sit on bench!!!You guys should hope your president won't be another Moratti who already proved that Money can't buy success!You gotta admit that Juve are really smart in the transfer market despite we hate them so much!Good luck for your Crespo!

Forza Inter!!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
We sign Crespo, because we badly need a decent striker.
We are trying to sign Zenden, because we've lost Almeyda and Conceicao.
We are trying to get Fiore, Not for this season, but season after.
One more things: Moratti spent a lot of money = Nothing
Cragnotti spent a lot of money = Title :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well said Pierre !
There is this small difference between Cragnotti and Moratti that I wrote some time ago too.
Cragnotti spend money in a good way and Lazio wins.
Moratti spends money in a bad way (so far, this could change...) and Inter has won the UEFA cup in the past 3 seasons.

It's just a small difference... hahah ... sorry :)

FORZALAZIO !!

http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm not sure if Cragnotti spend money a little smarter but Moratti and Inter are just too unlucky!!Imagine that if Crespo and Lopez injured all season long and could only play together for just a couple of games,well,I think you know what I mean!!

Forza Inter!!!

I

·
0 Posts
That is because Lazio doesn't buy players with carrer-threatening injuries and Nike spoiled kids from Brazil. By the way, that guy hasn't won anything, besides Spanish championship and UEFA cup, so far, but already twice was named "the best on the planet". How is that possible?

And yes we need Fiore and Giannichedda!! By the way, it's done already. Fiore+Giannichedda=42mil$ and Real already offered 50mil$ for Veron this year.

S

·
0 Posts
I agree with Joeyue in the respect that Juve are very
smart when it comes to the transfer market.Personally
I feel Cragnotti has spent a ridiculous amount of money
changing a team that could realisticly be Europes best
team with only a few minor changes.Crespo,FIORE,
ZENDEN,RIVALDO,What the hell is this.Football is not a
bussiness, and anyone that denies that Lazio and Roma
have not treated the game this way is a liar.Keep spending
and changing your side as far as I am concerned and you
will learn that money alone cannot get you the title.
Personally I feel Juve will beat you this year as your team
will never have the players to match the likes of Zidane
and Davids ,and even if you do you would either have them
at the club because you spent fifty million pounds on signing them or they would be illegally playing whilst
claiming they had a great,great grandfather that was Italian.I bet Cragnotti was in on that also.

LAZIO IS GOING DOWN THIS SEAON.
P.S. CRAGNOTTI LIKE LAZIO IS F***ED.

D

·
0 Posts
I really think I shouldn't reply to an idiot like solcat but I'm pissed off so I will.
Football is not business??? Well I haven't heard such an opinion since 60s I think.And understand it sucker: every team needs a slight rebuild after every season because some players are old, some are in fight with a coach, some are not hungry for game anymore, and for some get the offers you can't refuse.And when you're buying new players make sure that they are world class.
Juve smart in the market: well if they're smart they would get rid of that donkey Pippo 2 years ago :)
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Are we trying to compare who is more stupid here??
Well, no offense but i think both Moratti and Cragnotti are equally senseless mindless idiots who are trying to spoil the game.:)

Maybe behind the scenes both of them are actually having a bet for 10000billion lira on who can spend more in the market, who has got more cash and who can make the most ridiculus bid..........

S

·
0 Posts
Dino I agree with you,at the beggining
of a new season new players are required
to help the team rebuild slightly,just
as you mentioned in your reply.However
the key word here is SLIGHTLY.If you consider
what Lazio have done so far this OFF SEASON as
a SLIGHT adjustment then you are the one that is quite clearly an idiot.Also while I will acknowledge that
football has quite a large degree of bussiness associated
with it today I will never say that it is the main
factor of the game.Money does not rule football,the
game is NOT a bussiness,bussiness is associated but
it is only one of a number of things that goes towards
the way the game is ran.Afterall football is regarded
world wide as the peoples game.This means a game for all
the people of the world,not just rich bussinessmen like
Cragnotti.

McDonalds is a business, IBM is a business, Football is NOT a business!

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
If you've noticed, Lazio bought 90% of young players until now:
Pesaresi, Fiore, Giannichedda, Zenden, Crespo, Baronio, and it's not for nothing. Those kids worth the money due to the fact they are Lazio's future.
And some of them are the present.
Moratti may have spent a lot of money in the past years, but now he's a lot wiser but not purchasing a new keeper instead of Peruzzi. He will let Sebastian Frey take over Inter's goal next season, and that's a blesses thing.
he bought Javier Farinos, a young promising midfielder.
These transfers are looking very reasonable to me and reckoned.
The transfers of Blanc, Vieri, Di Biagio etc were completely useless.
I don't think they are ruining the game. They can afford it because the TV floads the clubs with tuns of money. That's what they worth according to this period. If soccer will become less popular over the future and the TV's will stop broadcasting it than the players price tags will drastically drop, and so does the Salaries.

bottom line: I think Moratti and Cragnotti are 2 very wise men who just want the best for their clubs. the way i see it, we paid 18 Million for Crespo.
we got off cheap. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Err, football is very much a business. Businesses have assets, liabilities, property/equipment, etc. Football teams have cash, players, TV/ticket/merchandising income (assets), wages to pay the players (liabilities), stadiums and training equipment (property/equipment)...

Teams buy players hoping they will bring more money to the team, whether by helping the team win prize money, by attracting more fans if it's a big name player, and also possibly in a future sale. Teams sell players who aren't bringing the club success, or will bring a huge profit in the sale.

If you refuse to call football a business, and I understand why you would, at least acknowledge that business plays a huge part in football, because it does whether you like it or not.

I spent 2 nights learning half a semester of accounting so I wouldn't fail the final. So all that knowledge left my brain the second after I finished. I did pretty well on the final though :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts