Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a query to the Russian leagues forum admins - can you possibly unsticky all outdated threads (may be all other than Russian Prospects and Spartak Moscow ones, unless you create a separate Spartak forum for @marakana11 and myself :) ), and may be create a new one RPL transfer gossip.

@Reza
@JCamilo
@Osman

EDIT: i have launched a RPL transfer news and gossip thread - may be someone just make it sticky?

·
Administrator
53,532 Posts
Sup BB. For a sec I thought you wanted to play another mafia game lol.

I unsticked all of them instead of prospects one, and the one in cyrillic, that I assume is the spartak one :D

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, man, now I hope the gate for the return of that weird Aussie who used to root for Torpedo, or was it Dinamo, is wide open :D

Reviving XT mafia is not a bad idea but we need to have all active members signing up for a decent game:LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
48,233 Posts
I used to root for Torpedo too a while ago... when there was the USSR league. 🤔 The power in a name! I mean "Torpedo". I had a fav club in each league. I will let you guess the Bulgarian one. :D

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Torpedo used to be a powerhouse during Soviet times. Now, sadly enough, there are two or three clone clubs trying to steal the original club’s history :(

I watched one of the first ever (if not the first one) international appearances of young Ryan Giggs at Torpedo’s stadium. Torpedo won by penalties and eliminated ManUtd. Good times.

As for your Bulgarian soft spot - difficult to guess. Some power-bearing names might be:

Gigant Belene
Vihar Aytos
Lokomotiv Sofia
Pantera Kaloyanovets etc. :D

Which one was that?

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Trakia had an atomic attack in the 80s, so not difficult to get why you might have liked them. Used to beat teams like Barcelona and Bayern Munich in Plovdiv in the eurocups.

Their successor's club Botev Plovdiv almost went bankrupt recently but by some magical turn of events a Russian billionaire is about to acquire them. He already appointed his own Board and coaching staff and brought new players incl. some ex-NT Swedes in the team.

·
Administrator
25,575 Posts
Sup BB. For a sec I thought you wanted to play another mafia game lol.

I unsticked all of them instead of prospects one, and the one in cyrillic, that I assume is the spartak one :D
if @Beaux Balkans wanted to play another mafia game and not called me i would have to find a way to punish him

Reactions: Beaux Balkans

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Russian football resumes with the R16 cup games this weekend, but the weather forecast is for very low temperatures almost everywhere, from -16 Celsius in Moscow to -23 C in Ufa. The only game, which is safe, is the one in St Petersburg as Zenith have a roof. Hope the games will be postponed to avoid injuries, and keep Rostov's new bow Ali Sowe (coming from CSKA-Sofia) from freezing :LOL: . (Kidding, the forecast is that it will be only -2 Celsius in Rostov come their Sunday game against Ahmat Grozny).

Tambov withdrew from the cup anyway, and if the local authorities do not agree with a plan to save them proposed by the Football League they will dissolve altogether (the RFU and RPL are willing to provide a bridge financing of some 1.5 million USD, but they asked the governor of Tambov to commit to investing same amount of money into youth academies in the region in the next couple of years).

In other news worth mentioning, Salomon Rondon returns to Russia (on loan to CSKA Moscow), while Iranian star Sardar Azmoun may depart from St Petersburg to Dormund in the summer @Reza .

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Administrator
25,575 Posts
all good mate:D

yes, show your faces people:D

·
Administrator
12,120 Posts
In other news worth mentioning, Salomon Rondon returns to Russia (on loan to CSKA Moscow), while Iranian star Sardar Azmoun may depart from St Petersburg to Dormund in the summer @Reza .
Hopefully the coach, Marco Rose if this happens, actually lets him prove it on the pitch and not confine him to the bench even before he can.

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tambov should have been taken out of the competition. They are at the destroying-football-integrity stage now, where the club faces imminent bankruptcy and the players must make a choice - playing the die-hard attitude hoping for a good contract with another club in the summer, or start fixing games left and right. I fear they might have opted for the latter.

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hopefully the coach, Marco Rose if this happens, actually lets him prove it on the pitch and not confine him to the bench even before he can.
I see what you mean now; didn't know Marco Rose would be appointed as the new manager of Dortmund in the summer.

·
inbred amoeba
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What a game at Otrkytie Arena yesterday! The Promes, Larsson, 'Van Basten' Sobolev and Co. all of a sudden make Spartak an exciting side to follow, again.

The battle for the title is far from over, too, given the ambitions of Sochi and the form of Lokomotiv.

Rubin - Zenit today; will have some answers.
1Zenit20126245-1742
2PFC CSKA21124537-1940
3Spartak21115539-2438
4FC Sochi21107432-2237
5Dynamo21113728-2236
6FC Rostov21104726-2234
7Lokomotiv2094723-2531
8FC Krasnodar2194838-2731
9Rubin2094726-2531

·
Registered
44,621 Posts
Zenit the fav for the title.

Lokomotiv and dinam o the outsiders...spartak is a comedy,cska not anymore a top team,krasnodar have no defenders.

Reactions: Beaux Balkans

·
Registered
44,621 Posts
First defeat for zenit in the league against farm team sochi at home,1-2 lol.

Lokomotiv win the first defeat in the league,1-2 at home against rostov and their coach nikolic was fired.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts