Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coventry City have signed experienced Birmingham left-back Martin Grainger on a month's loan deal.
Grainger will go straight into the Sky Blues squad for the game against Division One leaders Norwich at Highfield Road on Saturday.

The 31-year-old has been out of the Blues side for 13 months with a recurring knee injury and is desperate for a return to first-team action.

Coventry boss Eric Black is trying to sign another player on loan this week.

Meanwhile, striker Dele Adebola has been told he is free to leave Highfield Road.

Black believes the 28-year-old, who has scored just three goals in 28 appearances since joining in the summer, would benefit from a change of scenery.

Black said: "I've spoken to Dele and he will be allowed to leave the club if he gets an opportunity.

"He's definitely got attributes but I feel Dele has reached a bit of a crossroads and needs something to change. He's obviously not a fans' favourite which may have culminated in a lack of confidence.

"We've tried to rebuild it and I think he has shown bits of form, but it has now come to the stage where he needs to break it and go to play somewhere else," Black told Coventry's official website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts