Xtratime Community banner

Countdown to the big party!!!!!!!!!!!

466 views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  pooh 
#1 · (Edited)
The WC is 8 days away while our first match will be played in 10 days. How are you all going to be spending the WC? Where will you be watching the matches? What sort of good charms will you deploy in front of the TV set while Argentina is playing? How many of you will be wearing Argentina jerseys or the like ?

Let the party begin. Let's talk about how we'll be living or lives until June 30th!!! :)

And of course VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
Nice thread Czar :cool: (as always;))
As for me, I simply cannot wait for it to start anymore. I am going NUTS! :excited: :D Majority of the matches will start at 12:30pm in the afternoon here....and guess what?;) My classes in my university end at 12:15:D I will have to make a run for my home immediately after the classes end and hope not to miss the kick-offs:)
I will be trying to gather friends from my class to watch the games with me (not too many of them are football fanatics like me in my country:() and hope to make this WC the first one that I will be watching with people. I have watched the previous 3 WCs at the dead of the night absolutely alone (not that that isn't exciting in a different way;))
As for good charms, I don't have any:( I simply pray to God and hope for the best:)
Today I went to the only shop in my country that sells football jerseys in hope of an Argie shirt.......I found one but with the spelling of Cannigia wrong:depress: It was written 'Canegia'! Fools.....:mad: Only consolation was that I found a Lazio jersey of Simeone's and bought it immediately regardless of the fact that the size was much bigger than mine:tongue:

Vamos Argentina! :cool:

#3 ·
Just my luck. The first time all the matches will be broadcast in English and they are all in the middle of the night. I plan and hope to be able to stay awake for all the Argentina matches. I'm already planning not to do much the following day. Too bad we don't get siesta's here.

I have an Argentina scarf, but it looks kind of strange to be wearing a scarf in June!

I usually have some Argentina wine after every win.

#4 ·
Been waitting for this for four years, i followed Bielsa's cycle from the beginning, i remember watching Holland's friendly back in March of 99, anyway i will wear my new argentine t shirt every time we play, last time i wore it in alll the matches, except in the holland match, and we lost,...all the games will be in the middle of the night here, well some will be at 6 30 in the morning...

Rhis is our time guys, i can feel it...

#5 · (Edited)
Well, nice thread Czar, and guess what, I was going to start it myself :)

To me, you can't imagin how much I am nervous, I am shaking everytime I remember that the WC is coming soon....simply can't imagin anything but winning it....

The matches will start in all of the middle east region at early morning, 9:30 AM , 11:30 AM and 2:30 PM...Argentina will play two of their matches against Negeria and Sweden at the very early date 9:30 AM, and against England at 2:30 PM...but who gives a flying **************** for working in these two early dates :D

You guys can't imagin Assassin when he is watching any kind of matches for Argentina, official or friendly, I keep on shaking and smoking till the end of match.

I have an Argentina jersey I bought it from Egypt, but one of my friend's ( Argentina die - hard fan like me :) ) took it with him when he traveled to Palestine :crybaby:..anyway...I usually set on the chair infront of my TV in my room and start smoking since the 1st minute to the last minute.

Against Holland in 98, I broke a glass of water when Batistuta's shot went directly to hit the goal right bost, I was drinking water then and suddenly threw the glass to the wall. :D...damn my mum thought I had a sudden coma :D

This time will be different, simply coz I will celebrate the win in the last day of the WC ;)

Oh, I forgot to say that my whole friends are brazil fans, so you can imagin what happens when we win it inshallah :D:D:D

#6 ·
I was working when the Argentina-Holland match was going on, i was taking a break and watching the match in between breaks, when Bati's shot hit the post i wantd to pull my hair out, when Ortega was expelled, i yelled and walked out, and walked for like an hour, i knew we wre not going to beat Brazil without him, then someone told me, that Berkamp had scored, and that we were out.

Another bas impression? i couldn't take it, we better win this time..

#8 ·
Believe it or not, for the fist time I will be watching Arg matches with my friends.. as I wtached all their matches starting from Copa 91 and so on ALONE at home, even if my brothers came to watch any match with me, I leave them to wtach it in another room in our house.. (except for Ger match because I was there in the staduim with two of my friends :) ).
For thsi WC, I took a holiday for two months starting from 1st of June to the end of July and I am thinking to extending it till the end of Aug. The matches going to start at 10:30 AM our local time, 11:30 AM or 2:30 PM and most of them at 3:00 PM, so its a good time for me but the wrost WC timings for most of the workers in our country.

#9 ·
Lucky you, on a break for the WC, i'll be working in the early mornings, i work in a tv network, and my job will be to watch and edit the best of all the matches, so after watching the games, i will head on to my work, to edit all the games...

#11 ·
I will be really stresed this time, simply coz we deserve the WC...and the match timings sucks......really...I will awake to start shouting and yelling :D

#12 ·
well, the same day we lost against holland in the WC 98 my grandmother died. i left the vigil to watch the match, and i remember i thought that i couldnt have more bad news that day so we wouldnt lose, but we all know what happened. it was 4 july.

here in Arg, the matchs will be played at 2:30 am (saturday-nigeria), 8:30 am (wendsday-england), and 6:30 am. (sunday-swe).

working, studying and not sleeping during 40 days will kill me. so we must win, so i can leave earth happy.

#13 ·
For the first time i will be able to watch soccer game at my office
because the game will be show at noon , so i can give my
opinion about the directly except for argentina game.

I will take my day off when argentina play because i want to be
at home to record all seven games until the final.

If argentina win then it will be my best record ever.
So let's pray that the dream come true.

#14 ·
the games will be shows in the middile of the night, here in vancouver canada.:)

I will have to drink alot of coffee or maybe some cold drinks just to stay awake until the game starts. Then I will sleep just enough so I wont be like a zombie the next day;)

I have a friend that will watch the games with me and hopefully we will be celebrating after each argentina game.:)

For 1 month, I will stay up in the night and sleep in the day! Can't wait!

As the World Cup gets closer, I am feeling more and more nervous. I pray to god everything happens like it should and like my signature says, 2002 will be a year to remember.

#15 ·
It will inshallah......I am praying too....I will keep on celebrating for 4 years till we start celebrate again when we win 2006 :D:D

#16 ·
Guys, i'm so nervours and anxious, can't wait until the WC, but let's not celebrate until we win it, otherways, we could end up as the Inter fans, who were celebrating before they won, and look what happend. But I'm confident, this is the best team we have had in years..

#17 · (Edited)
SZeppelin75 said:
Guys, i'm so nervours and anxious, can't wait until the WC, but let's not celebrate until we win it, otherways, we could end up as the Inter fans, who were celebrating before they won, and look what happend. But I'm confident, this is the best team we have had in years..
Man you are talking to/about me...I am :nervous: but :hopefull: and :strong: and I feel very :happy: for what I believe I will celebrate after 30 days INSHALLAHHHHHHHH :)

but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....:nervous:

But whatever in the opposit way of our hopes happens, god forbiden, I will never cease falling in love with you ARGENTINA :heart::kiss:

well....I am waiting the :party::hopefull::drunk: ( sure I don't drink ) :D

well, I am simply

:confused:

but

:excited:

and

:happy:

coz I believe we will win it :strong: million times

:D:D

#18 ·
I'm planning to watch these matches in the basement because its at an ungodly hour here in the US. I'll wear my Argentina shirt from 98 (Alternate colors). Everytime someone from my Argentina Tango Dance troupe (you may start snickering now) goes to BsAs, I ask them to buy me something... so I have a collection. But I still don't have the Alberceleste colors shirt. Someone gave me a Porto shirt which I discovered if I wore inside-out looks very much like the correct shirt.

#19 ·
can't you get someone from your tango group to take you along with them on their trips?

#20 ·
As I was reading this thread, I suddenly got a weird thought;)
Imagine each of us in their respective dens watching the matches.....some in broad daylight in their offices, some in their homes, some in TV stations!, some under their blankets in the middle of the night......but one thing that unites us all, maybe not geographically but definitely virtually, is Xtratime. We will all come and post in the match threads and share our views about the same matches that we will watch under different conditions in faraway places......feel's kinda pleasantly eerie:tongue:

Don't know if that made any sense or not!:confused: :embarass: Just felt like letting it out........:angel:

#21 ·
good one Utopia! Now if we could just set up a virtual Pub and share a celebration drink after the matches!

#23 · (Edited)
Humbird said:
good one Utopia! Now if we could just set up a virtual Pub and share a celebration drink after the matches!
Depends on the kind of the drink ;):D

Utopia...you forgot that what units us in the same time is watching the match in the same time, cheering for the goals in the same time, shaking and yelling all in the same time....thats much more fun and weird...and imagin it if we win it inshallah, how the hell this unit ganna be? :)

#24 ·
Well Utopia, i keep on deraming avbout coming here to celebrate with you guys, the day we win, if we win, i don't want to say it tooo loud, because of a jinxs, but yes...we will all be trembling watching all the games....7 of them.

Vamos Argentina , a poner huevos...

#25 · (Edited)
Guys ......

Its 25 May now...6 days for the big festival ... and 9 days for our 1s match.......and I am :nervous:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.