Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Labas, i need your help on that one and also everyone else that is aware of that!Please only intelligent replies!THanks in advance!
This comes from the Milanmania site and it was posted by Jan. Anyone with some info on that???Especially the part involving Raul!

"AC Milan News & Gamereviews

Transfer News from Spain Posted May 12, 2000 - 10:58 by Jan
Galliani and Braida wants to bring some players from the Spanish league to Milan, except the negotiations that is almost finished with Valencia's Gerard, Milan are in negotiations with Barcelona for Rivaldo and Figo. Both superstars are unhappy with the coach Van Gaal and are ready to leave Barca if Van Gaal is not going to leave. Barcelona President Nunez has said that he wants to believe in the project Van Gaal, which means that he will probably stay as coach for Barcelona.

If it was up to Van Gaal, he would sell both Rivaldo and Figo but the President Nunez will probably not sell both because the fans would not agree on that.

Figo is valued to $50 millions, just like Rivaldo but Milan could negotiate the price and maybe buy the Portuguese star for $40 millions.

Milan is also in contact with Real Madrid for the young superstar Raul, who is valued to $35 millions. The chances to buy Raul are probably bigger than for Rivaldo but Milan wants at least one of these three players."

So people, ?????
If true, Milan will be once more the Dream team it once was!
Imagine this:
Gerrard,Ambrosini,Albertini,
Denilson
Raul,Sheva
Plus on the Bench :Trezeguet, Josi Mari, Leonardo, Aliyu...
WOW!

Forza Magico Milan!
Forza Raul Rossonero! :)
Hala Madrid!
Hala Raul Madrileno! :)
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!
Viva Berlusconi!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Don't get too excited as I look at the price of Raul and laugh out loud (LOL). I mean the fact is that Nic cost this much and if Raul is sold I will be pissed, even more so if it is for less than Vieri.
The thing that I have seen a lot of is that clubs will bid for players who they have no chance of getting. Maybe this is a way of keeping the supporters on their side. I know that Milan have made a slight recovery on the previous poor seasons (good luck) and the fact that they are Milan means that they will always get the best but Raul seems very unrealistic to me.
About Figo and Rivaldo I doubt that Van Gaal will be around next year and if he is then Nunez needs to take a look at himself. The vote of confidence means little and should be treated in the same way as a transfer denial from a club (inconclusive). The thing is that these guys have not said anything on the issue and for this reason any speculation thus far does not interest me. However as the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire, unless it is to do with football transfers.

D

·
0 Posts
You are talking about the best players in the world here! It's no coincidence that with such great players as Figo and Raul, La Liga is lording it all over Europe this year. They will not go cheap and more likely, they will not go at all.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I can tell ya this rumor is from 'La Gazzetta dello Sport'. Well, famous one, but everyone know that, this is their style--spreading various astonishing rumors!
I really doubt about this news. If they only said Milano would buy Rivaldo, that's more believeable. Because we all knew VG and him couldn't get along with each other well. BUT Figo??? why? Can't you see that him is the most important one for Barca fan? He played for this team for a long age, and played entertaining, so no one wants he to leave. And VG will be quitted anyway, so maybe both of them will stay.

Raul?! Simple answer: Raul is not for sale!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
You guys said it. One thing I have to emphasise - each team has a amount of money they can spend. Do you really San Siro believe Silvio Berlusconi has 200 mln$$$ to spend, because believe it or not, I have doubts :) haha. FIrst:

Raul Gonzalez Blanco - 35 mln $$$, If this was true at all, I think you simply forgot a 1 ahead of those numbers. IMO Raul is worth at least 100 mln $ and he will NOT be sold for less. It's that simple. It is a rumor 100%. He is Madrids favorite player, often the team being called RAUL MADRID. Do you really think Sanz will sell him? LOL

Luis Figo - I posted about this in the Mialn forum. The guy is a Catalan by heart and at the moment he and Raul are the 2 best players in the world. There is no way he will be sold, he is like Raul to Real for the Barcelona fans. Once again LOL.

Rivaldo Vitor Barbosa Fereirra - now this may be true. He has had enough in Spain, and for some reason he wants Italy, so this I can bellieve. But my opinion on Rivaldo is that he is past his peak. The guy is getting worse and buying him is a waste of money. Good luck though.

The other rumors you mentioned may be true, especially trezeguet, I'm just scared it may end up as with Henry in Juventus. I hope not, but we all know Italian clubs have a way of killing talents :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
They didn't kill Henry.
He is doing great at Arsenal!
I think he just broke some goalscoring record or something for the club.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well you know, a release fee doesn't mean that's how much he'd go for. Unfortunately :(, but fortunately since he's not leaving at all :) What the hell'm I tryin' to say? (that's from Nirvanas song: "On A Plain" - pretty cool :))

Thierry Henry has to be the hottest guy in Europe right now. I mean the goals he's scoring really amaze me. Very promising guy and all credit to Wenger for buying him.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People, first of all i'd like to say that Rivaldo may not come to Milan as today in the Milan official site (www.acmilan.com) Berlusca said that Rivaldo is a fabulous player but too old to spend such money on and therefore he'll concentrate on young talents instead (meaning guys like Raul, Denilson, Saviola, Aimar, Riquelme.. :) )
Concerning Figo, its more and more probable that he will leave Barca for the following reasons:
-Berlusconi wants badly Figo and Figo wants badly to play for Milan.(when Berlusconi really wants someone, he ALWAYS gets him!)
-He can't stand Van Gaal's dictature. (who would blame him for that?) and this has reached some extreme level.
- The tension between Figo and Van Gaal is so virulent that Figo had to use his punches against VG and Litmanen!!!
-Nunez has said that he believes in the VG project thus will give the dutch one more season to win the CL.

Labas, for your info, Milan brings in around 50 M$ pure profits a year to Berlusca which is not that bad after all. But keep in mind that these 50M$ represent ONLY 1.5 % of Berlusca's total annual profit!
Berlusca is Italy's most powerful man with Agnelli and one of the top 20 world's wealthiest men!
I guess the only football president that can come close to him (and Agnelli) is only Murdoch!Nowhere close can we find nor Nunez nor Sanz...
I guess Berlusca can buy the whole Real-Barca
if he wants. :)
Please keep in mind that i'm not saying that in order to create a war on who's the best between Milan and Real! (they are the 2 best club teams of the history of football!)The reason i'm saying that is simply to give you an idea of Berlusca's power...because a lot of people seem to underestimate now Milan since Berlusca's involvement at the political scene he hasn't been as close to the team as before and therefore the results havent been as good as when HE was close to the team...But all this shall change as he personally said that from now on he will be closer to the team and build again a team for next year that is worthy of the name Milan and the legendary Rossonero jersey in order to be Milan again (#1 in the world!)
Forza Magico Milan!
Diavolo!Diavolo!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The latest news is in again from www.onesoccer.com. Apparently Nunez has told VG that he wants a lot of the Dutch contingent out of Barce (Labas is that your dream?) as he see's this as th reason for Barce's recent failings. VG accepted on one condition - that he was allowed to sell Rivlado.

Interesting stuff but true? I doubt it myself but if there is a truth then I think that Nunez is nuts as this would mean that players such as Kluivert, Zenden and F de Boer would have to go.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
This is all very interesting, but money isn't everything San Siro! Understand: RAUL IS NOT FOR SALE! Berlusconi can for all i care give 500mln $$$, he still won't get our man. It's impossible! Now, of course you may go for Saviola and Riquelma, but unerstand that Raul is not an option.

About Luis Figo: I really don't know anymore. van gaal has created so much havoc, even the unthinkable may happen, but I' still opting with him staying at Barca :)

About Rivaldo: I do not find your revelations surprising, because IMO a real football analist has by now realized Rivaldos era is over. He is on the down side and I must say I'm starting to admire Berlusconi for such football knwledge. He may say what he wants about age, but the truth is he's simply noticed the fact Rivaldo as a star is burned out.

And to pool! What you wrote is my biggest dream - Barcelona with no Dutchmen! Ahhhhhh! I would love it Especially Zenden, F.de Boer and Cocu! Please GOD! :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The big problem for me is that there is no chance that such players will come to Real M because of the rivallry. Imagine getting F de Boer and Cocu next year. they could help us out but there is no chance (very little anyway) of us getting them.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Real said that even if a club came up with $200 million. Rivaldo looks hopefull to leave but is up in the air. Figo will not leave, thats a guarentee. he is a barca faithful.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Raul will never ever leave Real. Sanz would let the whole team go instead of Raul. As for Van Gaal, Nunez has said he will stay, but what are the odds that Nunez himself will stay :) Figo will stay where he is.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

D

·
0 Posts
Will Raul ever leave Real?, Raul basically is Real, just like Maldini is Milan.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Wow, no, this means that Barce may keep all their Dutch players now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts