Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to As ( http://www.diario-as.es ) the Argentine Javier Zanetti is the next target for Real Madrid. The Inter Milan player has played 5 years in Serie A and has stated that he wants to play in Spain next and Real Madrid especially. ManU is also after the player (aha! labas, there's a topic for your TEAMTalk... :) ). Pirri has started the contacts with Inter Milan on the matter. The transfer, if realised, will cost the club round 2.000 mil. ptas. The Argentine player has an Italian passport, so, no non-EU problem for the club.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
OH, another left feet player:mad:......he's great indeed, but....WE DON'T NEED HIM!
Also he will be so expersive. Or Inter isn't stupid enough, they shouldn't sell him 'cuz he's one of the best player in Inter last season.
But I think it is just another wild rumor....and I don't really worry about that. MU is showing great interests in him, and we shouldn't compete with the richest team in the world, right?:eek::D....just let them (Inter and MU) talk, Inter wants MU's Scholes, and MU wants Inter's Zanetti....seems a good palaver out there, and there's nowhere to let Real insert its foot in (hope so)....

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Zanetti plays in the right wing.

He's not expensive either, if he costs 2.000 mil. ptas as it was written he is cheap. A tiny bit more than Munitis (he cost 1.800 mil. ptas).

Inter Milan are well known for NOT being good in business. They've just sold Georgatos back to Olympiakos for less money than they had bought him last year!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Javier Zanetti is a very good, multiple function player, but I also think it's unlikely we'll gte him. If are to pay 12 mln $ for him, it's just so luittle I can't believe it. He would solve some of our rightside problems, because like Hala said, he plays there not the left, although I'm sure he could:) It would be pretty nice if we could snatch him from sir Alexs face:D Still I see this as something highly unlikely, as we have a lot more important things to deal with now:(

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zanetti was playing in the left wing at first, but he's currently playing in the right. He can do both as you said, but he says he prefers the right wing.

The price is indeed really low...

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Remember, its not Inter being business-men here, its about Javier not being wanted by Lippi! But still, that would be like finding a great Corvette for less then 9000$= N O CHANCE!

Javier has also said before that he would like to come to Barca, is this true???

Concusion: Just a rumor. But more likely then Zidane coming.

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
he stated that he is the next madrid player. The thing is is that he loves figo and said if he played with him at real, it would make him better(figo is the best player in the world so dah!). He said that it was'nt about the money but to be on a winning squad.

A

·
0 Posts
SENSIBLE

i think this would be sensible
i think we shouldnt have bought munitis the money could have been used to finance this deal.
now i come to the point(sensible):
zanetti is a right winger and macca can play the play maker spot.
we can have our playmaker problem solved.
how about this team:(it is keeping in mind tha anelka might be sold)
gk:cassilas
dl:RC
dr:salgado
dc:hierro or karanka
dc:helguera or campo
ml:we have so many(anybody can play)
mr:zanetti(geremi does backup[he is being linked to leeds )
mc:redondo or celades or cambiasso
mc:macca
fw:morientes
fw:raul

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Oh,yeah! And Raul is coming to Inter:rolleyes:

And what is this sh*t about Lippi doesn´t want him. He played every single game for Inter last season and is the captain of the team. Does that sound like the coach does not want him at the team?

And yes. Zanetti plays right wing and is right footed.

He will never leave Inter.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Chill out, Recoba. It's no secret Zanetti may be leaving. there is talk about that for months now. Remember when there was that shi|t with Guti being exchanged for Zanetti, well there has to be some reason for it. Maybe Zanetti really wants to come to Madrid?:p

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
No,he wants to stay with Inter. He has said that lots of times.

It´s Real who wants Zanetti. Inter has no intention of letting there captain go.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Don't be so happy, because no one here gives a hoot about Zanetti. he is a great player, but forgive me for saying he is nowhere near to McManaman, Geremi or Figo, who we will have on the right wing. so bye:D

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I'd much rather that we go for Riquelme or Veron. The very little of what I've seen of Zanetti has not impressed me at all. All he does is run. It would be a mistake that Sanz will probably make of getting him if he were elected. :(

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A Zanetti interview on the matter in today's AS :

- In the last couple of hours your name has come up as a possible transfer for Real Madrid for the next season. Have you signed a pre-contract?
- No, or I have spoken to a representative of the Spanish club. The one thing for sure is that they are interested in me. Last week they tried to find my representative (Jorge Oliva) and have started the conversations with Inter Milan. This is the only thing I know. Now I have to wait.

- Wait for what?
- To see what Inter will decide, they have told us that the economic offers that arrived at the club were substancial. I have a contract up until 2004 but it's well known that things in football can change in only a few hours. We have seen more difficult things happen. I am happy in Milan, where I have been for five seasons, but Inter will have the last word.

- Inter and you...
- I am not going to deny that I would love to play in Real Madrid and I'm proud that such a prestigious club pays attention in me. This inspires me to continue working the way I have done until now. It's a historical institution that has accomplished great success in the last years, as is demonstrated by the fact of having won last year's ChL. It's always nice to hear that such a club tries to have you in order to make a squad already filled with stars even stronger.

- Stars like Roberto Carlos, your teammate in your first year in Italy and leader of Real Madrid's left wing. Has he talked to told you on Real Madrid?
- No

— And Zamorano, Panucci or Seedorf?
— Yes, them yes. All three have told me wonderful things on Real Madrid, on what the club represents, on the fans. They have kept a lot of memories from their being there and they have told me that it's an ideal place to triumph. In addition, I will not deny that it would be easy for me to adapt into living in Spain.

- Real Madrid wanted to sign you in 1995, when Jorge Valdano was the coach. Why didn't you accept their offer at the time?
- I was just finishing my second season in Banfield and was preparing for a jump to Europe. I preferred to go to Inter because the idea of playing there attracted me more. The one thing for sure is that I didn't have a good reason. I have been playing in Italy for five years now, I'm 26 years old and I think it's a good time for me to pay attention to other options, although I repeat, I am happy in Milan.

- And the solution, when?
- I repeat, when Inter decides what to do. If they want to count on me for the following season, great. If not, I would be delighted to play for Real Madrid.

Jorge Oliva, the representative of Javier Zanetti, passed by the Inter offices on Tuesday. He went with the idea of closing the fixture of Sixto Peralta, a U-21 argentine international, put took advantage of the chance to find out first hand the offers on Zanetti. "There are three clear options on the table. Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United. I'm not going to deny that Javier prefers to play in Spain. The one thing for sure is that the Real Madrid people call once every two days the Inter offices. The italian club's representatives acknowledge that the offer is considerable and means a a remarkable increase in the player's price. Everything will be resolved within the next three or four days."

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Thankjs for that article HALA! This sounds really interesting:D Not that i want Zanetti, but I would wish players would speak as freely and honestly as he has in this interview. I think it explains a lot, he will come to Madrid, only if Lippi decides he isn't worth staying for the money we offer. The good thing is he's EU, ha an italian passport so that makes things much better for us. The big problem I have is, where woudl he play? I know he's multifunctional, but Salgado is a better right defender, Macca and geremi are IMO also better on the right wing. Well, to be honest i dunno, wether they are better, I just like them more:D I wouldn't waste money on Javier, although he is a better idea than Figo for sure...

A

·
0 Posts
i guess recoba you shut your mouth and let moratti(the idiot)
decide.
zanetti has got an amazing work rate.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Is there anything wrong with Geremis, Salgados or Maccas work rate? I think not, these are the players we really don't have to worry about when it comes to fatigue. Not that I'm denying Zanettis capabilities, but you know yourself:) I heard Javier has the biggest legs in Italy, is this true?:D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts