Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, first of all I come in peace, so don't shoot me please after I say this.

For all you baseball people out there, the Atlanta Braves have long been known as a team that spits out pitching aces. However, many of those aces then go on to other teams and fail.

Some examples including Jaret Wright, Maddux, Glavine, Hampton, Russ Ortiz.

They claim it is the coach there, Leo Mazzone, and that it is not the players.

I want to know, is Parma in a similar situation regarding forwards? First Mutu. Then Di Vaio. Then Adriano. Then Gilardino.

Something is fishy, I must say. (Not in the Juve sense)
Could it be that you have a great forwards coach?

Could it be that the formation of Parma is one that overemphasizes the forward position and facilitates the act of scoring?

This is a real risky idea, and one that is probably not true. But I am wondering, what do you think of it?

Now you can't argue that these players have sucked elsewhere. But its a similar type of idea, how is Parma spitting out the great forwards of the world?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
What about Crespo??? ;)

Parma do have a history of bringing out the best in players of all positions not just forwards.....

eg Buffon, Cannavaro, Barone etc.

But I dont think it's our forwards coach otherwise he would've been snapped up by bigger clubs a long time ago and we would've stopped the trend :D

Oh and I forgot Bennarivo and Appolini :proud:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I think we even produce big keepers:

First Bucci, then Buffon, now Frey and we have several youth NT keepers :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
The same thing can be said said for defenders. Apolloni, Minotti, Cannavaro, Thuram, Ferrari... Ferrari probably wish he didn't join Roma right now though. A promising career is threatening to go down the drain. The Roma fans hate him too.

We also have a history of making "star" players underperform miserably.

Almeyda, Nakata, Conceicao, Amoroso, Ortega...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when was almeyda at his best? i thought it was with Parma :confused:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I think it's the environment of the city itself.

We seem to have a relaxed atmosphere, with little pressure, where players can work hard and do well, without really getting too much media/fan pressure. Of course we must have a talented coaching-side to things aswell, but I think this is the main factor.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
I think it's the environment of the city itself.

We seem to have a relaxed atmosphere, with little pressure, where players can work hard and do well, without really getting too much media/fan pressure. Of course we must have a talented coaching-side to things aswell, but I think this is the main factor.
That could've been why Ortega, Amoroso, Almeyda etc didn't perform well because they were big players and liked media attention.

Nakata didn't perform because Prandelli would'nt play him in his preferred position.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Nakata played IN EVERY position yet he failed. He even got a chance to play as a deep midfielder but he failed.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Speaking of us producting good goalies ..

"National coach Antonio Rocca has selected Parma goalie Eros Corradini (17.02.1989) for the GK's National Team training camp, which will be held in Coverciano on May 9 and 10."

Even our 15 year old's are good :D

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Godamn :shades:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Valdrin said:
Nakata played IN EVERY position yet he failed. He even got a chance to play as a deep midfielder but he failed.
I disagree, he was never really given a fair chance in the playmaker role. I would have loved to have seem Adriano with Mutu and Nakata floating about behind him. And then last season with Mutu gone Prandelli had the perfect chance to play as the no. 10 but instead he played wide right or simply on the bench. He could have even played deeper in the midfield like he did at Bologna on loan.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Mutu_20 said:
I disagree, he was never really given a fair chance in the playmaker role. I would have loved to have seem Adriano with Mutu and Nakata floating about behind him. And then last season with Mutu gone Prandelli had the perfect chance to play as the no. 10 but instead he played wide right or simply on the bench. He could have even played deeper in the midfield like he did at Bologna on loan.
:rollani:

He was played as a play-maker at the start of the season...and sucked :dielaugh:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Like people have said, Keepers too.

Basically there must be some good coaches there and the envoriment must be a good place for players to reach their potential.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
when was almeyda at his best? i thought it was with Parma :confused:
It was with Lazio actually ;) ,In all fairness with Almeyda he wanted to stay at Lazio yet was involved in the crespo deal.I don't blame Parma for Almeyda's slump after Lazio either. ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Y do people blame his deteroiation as another case of Inter disease?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts