Xtratime Community banner

Who wins the Scudetto?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17,879 Posts
The thing I appreciate most about Pioli is that he gave Milan a classic system that is balanced and nice to watch. The 3-5-2 of other teams is effective but it's not as easy on the eyes.

I would love it if Roma converted to a 4-2-3-1 too. At least Napoli has.

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Yeah, great point. I was going to post my mea culpa re: Pioli in the Milan forum. I had him down effectively as a caretaker manager. :cry:
Milan themselves thought he was a caretaker, that's why they were talking with Rangnick last season but the results of Pioli forced his stay.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Napoli is just 1 point behind 2nd and joint 3rd with Juventus. They have to be in it. It is strange though that there doesn't seem to be much talk about them as contenders...at least from what I've been reading. Is that the same for what you've been seeing?

Also, @TTM 's boy, Chucky, isn't getting the mainstream recognition he deserves. Seems to be some real underrating going on.
If Chucky has more days like he had today the MS recognition isn't too far away.....

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
looks like it might be possible :unsure:
Yep, but I read everywhere interviews of Juventus players who think they can win all the remaining games now that they are out of the CL. Inter could lose 2 games and win the scudetto, if that happened. Lose 2 and tie 1 and they are fucked. I bet on Inter because they have Conte who is the kind of coach who doesn't lose the leagues in this way, but Ronaldo could score 2-3 goals per game till the end of the season.

·
Registered
10,773 Posts
Not just possible imo. 95%. Inter have the better side this season. Don’t see them losing points in 3-4 matches. And there’s absolutely no way this Juve will win all remaining matches.

·
1st Tier Poster
51,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Pippo embarasses Pirlo as Benevento takes a shock win from Turin. Looks like Juve is done now, no chance anymore.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
The question is - could we keep top 4 place. If Pirlo is not fired i guess not. But then again the people who appointed Pirlo probably will put someone worse in charge, although it will be quite a challenge to find more ill prepared coach.

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
The question is - could we keep top 4 place. If Pirlo is not fired i guess not. But then again the people who appointed Pirlo probably will put someone worse in charge, although it will be quite a challenge to find more ill prepared coach.
Well, if the game with Benevento doesn't remain an episode it is possible that Juventus lose the CL spot too. Unlikely but possible.

·
Administrator
53,305 Posts

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
Interesting interview. And perfect timing for it. No matter whether Allegri pretends that "Pirlo is doing a great job" lol, he is clearly offering his services to Juventus.

·
Administrator
53,305 Posts
I hope you are right, that he is offering it (I seen video interview, the cheeky smiles). Because at this point only obstable shouldnt be if the 3 stooges in charge would accept him back (they should beg him), but if he would accept to coming back (with demands).

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
Are you sure that the three stooges (lol) are so eager to bring him back? Andrea Agnelli reminds me of the Garrone Sr/Jr, they didn't look completely unable to handle a football club until Marotta left. If Pirlo is just bad the way he has been up to now and not baaaaaaaaaaad, it is possible that Agnelli won't abandon the plan to invest on him as the coach of the tactical new deal.

·
Administrator
53,305 Posts
I know Paratici is incompetent as GM, tho great scout, but Agnelli being this unable to handle things is bit new, so I refuse to think he is genuinely giving time or investing more of it into an utter disaster like Pirlo. It was foolish and naive risk that failed as it was likely to (probably arrogance because he brought Conte from lower levels, and thought he had the midas touch to do similar thing again). Agnelli cant be dumb enough to waste a single more second on a doomed "project", in a club thats all about winning. IMO they will make PR statements then dumb Pirlo as quickly as season is over.

The big question tho is who is next, because they failed spectacularly with Sarri and Pirlo, both predictably awful ideas, so the question indeed remains, can he/ they hire a competent coach without Marotta? They said Conte was Agnelli hire, and Allegri a Marotta one (as was Del Neri, so Marotta is 1-1 in Juve books :D). Now can you re-do your mistakes with ACTUAL new top quality choice, or have the brains to re-hire Allegri? Its truly the most curious and unknown period of the last 10 years. As soon as they hired Sarrri and Pirlo it was clear it was a bad idea, so now they truly cannot afford another failed naive experimenting BS (same with cutting corners with player signings).

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Well, i see Spalletti's name thrown in the mix, so they could and possibly will make another coach blunder. Neither Sarri nr Pirlo were smart decisions, so why expect something else? And btw Paratici is not doing bad job imo, our squad now looks much more promising than 2-3 years ago, but of course we need a competent manager in charge.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts