Xtratime Community banner

Who wins the Scudetto?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
51,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're 4th in the table right now, 6 points off Milan.

Can it happen that they won't win their tenth title in a row?

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Yes. Inter have the quality now to make a serious challenge. Especially since they only have the league to focus on and with a coach who’s used to winning league titles. To me, Inter are favs.

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
Milan will win Serie A.

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
And yet upsets happen. I see a lot of the same conditions when Leicester won the EPL, not to be insulting in any sense.

But Serie A just demands consistency and focus, and that extra bit of quality. and Milan have that.

Who would have thought Atalanta would be qualifying from their CL group and Inter wouldn't? Times have changed.

·
Registered
46,673 Posts
Who would have thought Atalanta would be qualifying from their CL group and Inter wouldn't? Times have changed.
beats red to the punch

Reactions: Morierinho

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
For sure Juventus have added some salt to the league by hiring Pirlo.
The Milanese clubs have my support, but not for the reason that Juventus are a despicable club (they are btw). I simply want a different club to win the scudetto because nine scudetti in a row won by the same club is a situation which is embarassing and has to stop. I wonder whether Napoli could be an alternative. They are a good team, there is the Maradona effect...

·
Registered
46,673 Posts
Napoli is just 1 point behind 2nd and joint 3rd with Juventus. They have to be in it. It is strange though that there doesn't seem to be much talk about them as contenders...at least from what I've been reading. Is that the same for what you've been seeing?

Also, @TTM 's boy, Chucky, isn't getting the mainstream recognition he deserves. Seems to be some real underrating going on.

Reactions: TTM

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
Napoli is just 1 point behind 2nd and joint 3rd with Juventus. They have to be in it. It is strange though that there doesn't seem to be much talk about them as contenders...at least from what I've been reading. Is that the same for what you've been seeing?

Also, @TTM 's boy, Chucky, isn't getting the mainstream recognition he deserves. Seems to be some real underrating going on.
Yes and yes. But it is also true that their defeat to Milan was clear. I also think that a winning club shouldn't have given up the chance to defeat Juventus the way they did. I still can't believe they were so stupid and go on thinking what they did was correct.

·
Registered
15,682 Posts
If Chucky is allowed to do his thing he is a real asset. I think he has slowly been gaining Gattuso's confidence. He has always shined at the Club level but he has yet to impose himself at the National Team level. I mean, he's had some bright spots, like the goal vs Germany in the last WC, but he needs to become a consistent threat to take some defense off of Jimenez. Same for Tecatito on the other side.

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
It's Milan's year in Italy.

Zlatan = Scudetto

Also their rate of getting 1 penalty per match is crucial

·
Registered
17,879 Posts

Lozano is awesome, but they need a stable presence up-front to contend. Hopefully Osinghem comes back to fitness, or else they will have recurrent slip-ups at the worst times.

Juve can easily win again.

·
Administrator
11,912 Posts
Not surprising penalty issue comes up, not going to post videos and explanation of them being legit :p It has been used against Juve many times, so I guess it is natural to be brought up against other teams that lead the league although Juve are Juve and I am still triggered by the Muntari not given goal : old :

Couple of defeats and couple of Inter and Juve wins and it will all change, in any case it shouldn't be thought of until week 18 or 19 for example. Gattuso didn't impress me at Milan and the hype that Milan were 'few minutes from 4th place' was over rated because the top 4 were not impressive. If the Napoli - Milan match is any evidence it is not different.

·
Administrator
53,305 Posts
All of this, and not one word for Pioli. Really impressive work in Milan making them a unit that fights for every moment. Has made a solid defensively organised team, no small feat with bunch of young players + Zlatan.

Reactions: Some idiot

·
Registered
46,673 Posts
Yeah, great point. I was going to post my mea culpa re: Pioli in the Milan forum. I had him down effectively as a caretaker manager. :cry:

·
Administrator
53,305 Posts
Pioli has done a good job but when we talk about coaches it is easy to go from idiot to genius and back to idiot.

That is true, not like I consider him to be much of anything in overall esteem as a coach. But its not just this season, since he took over last season, he turned a hapless bunch to a solid machine. Pure tactical organisation and keeping things simple. The touch of a competent coach. Deserves his props, even if its the right sitaution for him, or just temporary.

I appreciate a coach coming in and having an immediate effect with simple down to the point tangible tactics, and everyone buying in with decent leadership. Then a complete rookie who tries to reinvent the wheel and just struggles, like Pirlo. Even if he for once showed good tactical flexibility vs Barca in last match.

But still, very likely on path to make the unthinkable happen, for this Juve to lose the scudetto.

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
Milan were a mess, and Pioli definitely brought order, organisation and results to the team. I know it's very early in the season and the hero might end up the villain, but for what he's do so far he deserves credit.

Reactions: Firdaus
1 - 20 of 53 Posts