Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I started this Thread in our forum because it does seem to get more Traffic than others in all respects.The Topic that has came to my mind is if a goalkeeper could ever win the Golden ball award?So often it's awarded to a respected forward or Midfielder.But rarely does a defender get the recognition or even a Goalkeeper.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
17,146 Posts
One word. Yes.
Two words: Lev Yachine.

Cheers.;)
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
I hope not, let's promote the forwards and midfielders so the kids want to do them jobs, let the geeks , saddo's and nutters go in goal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
One word. Yes.
Two words: Lev Yachine.

Cheers.;)
For the record: The only time a GK won the award, Rivera was 2nd :star:
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
17,146 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I hope not, let's promote the forwards and midfielders so the kids want to do them jobs, let the geeks , saddo's and nutters go in goal.
:D

Hum...how about Lehmann? Does he stand a chance of winning le Ballon d'Or?:lala::nervous:

Cheers.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
It is highly unlikely. Yashin basically got his award for his superman showing in (I think...) a match between England and the best players of the world. He only played one half. Of course, he is a legend in goal. His innovative approach to rushing out made him stand above the rest. Realistically, the only way a goalkeeper will win it is if he guides his team to win his domestic championship, a major international competition, and a European competition. Modern greats like Schmeichel were unable to accomplish this despite success with both country and club. I don't think you could say any goalkeeper that plays today has a chance of winning it.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
17,146 Posts
yaf said:
I I don't think you could say any goalkeeper that plays today has a chance of winning it.
Not even Lehmann?:stress:
After all, he leads his teams to successes and his becoming a fan favourite of opposing fans for his acrobatics.:stuckup: A feat not at the reach of every keeper may I add!:stuckup:

Cheers.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,670 Posts
If Germany has managed to beat Brazil - 0-0 for example, Kahn saving 4 penalties or something -he probably would've won it instead of Ronaldo. But they lost and he ended up 3rd..
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
San Siro said:
Not even Lehmann?:stress:
After all, he leads his teams to successes and his becoming a fan favourite of opposing fans for his acrobatics.:stuckup: A feat not at the reach of every keeper may I add!:stuckup:

Cheers.;)


tbh, Lehmann was the only keeper in with a shout this year, the only keeper in Europe who was undefeated throughout a complete season, but Shevchenko just pipped him because of the bias towards forwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
San Siro said:
:D

Hum...how about Lehmann? Does he stand a chance of winning le Ballon d'Or?:lala::nervous:

Cheers.;)
Yeah he has SS,Lehmann has won the Golden goose award. :dielaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
tbh, Lehmann was the only keeper in with a shout this year, the only keeper in Europe who was undefeated throughout a complete season, but Shevchenko just pipped him because of the bias towards forwards.
If your using that logic than Henry would have won the Golden Ball because he certainly did more than Lehman for Arsenal to make them unbeaten. Also quite frankly Lehman is not a world class goalie. If any goalie is going to win it, it will be Buffon as he was the only goal keeper to make the short list. Also Shevchenko didn't just pip Lehman for the award because where Shevchenko is a world class talent, Lehman is not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jern Lizardhous said:
tbh, Lehmann was the only keeper in with a shout this year, the only keeper in Europe who was undefeated throughout a complete season, but Shevchenko just pipped him because of the bias towards forwards.
Jern you can't be serious?You honestly think that overrated clown done so much for the Gunners? oh please.Dida and Buffon on one leg and blind folded would do far better than him.
 

·
Defunct
Joined
·
23,341 Posts
Schumy said:
Jern you can't be serious?You honestly think that overrated clown done so much for the Gunners? oh please.Dida and Buffon on one leg and blind folded would do far better than him.
Jern hasn't been serious a minute in his life ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rinat Dasaev win the Golden Ball, he was a GK.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
17,146 Posts
No Dassaiev didn't win it. Tough he did deserve it, probably more than a certain Oleg Belanov who won it incredibly in 1986...:lala::groan:

Cheers.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Schumy said:
Jern you can't be serious?You honestly think that overrated clown done so much for the Gunners? oh please.Dida and Buffon on one leg and blind folded would do far better than him.
I'd like to see that :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,164 Posts
Schmeichel is by far the best keeper I've seen, he won the european championship 92 practically singlehanded but wasn't even close, so I guess not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It would be nice to see a keeper getting the award,But I doubt it also.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top