Xtratime Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Yes, the worst option of all.

Perhaps missing 2022 will be necessary because missing 2018 doesn't seem to have induced any reflection by those who run calcio; they just do the same thing and will get the same results.

Scandalous really.

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
Im somewhat less pessimistic.

Mancini has experience with Balotelli when he was young and gave him opportunities at Man City. His Man City actually played attacking football in the league. They trashed SAF Utd for example. And Balotelli was MOM.

op82rkGfsKY

Balotelli actually considers Mancini a bit of a father figure. And i remember he said he only went to Man city because Mancini was coach. So it will be interesting to see if Balo gets his chance.

Mancini played for Italy during 84-94 so he knows the meaning of the national team and he has experience there.

His experience club level has ups and downs but Conte wasnt exactly amazing in CL either.

Mancini has given in his clubs younger players chance. Like i said Balotelli. He gave Santon his debut. Im sure there are other examples as well over the years. So he might actually start using some younger players.

The way things are its not like Italy was going to euros as contenders. And Mancini might not be coach by World Cup.

Btw people who say nothing will change and Italy will have problems next World Cup as well. Who ever they sign is not going to improve the roster Italy currently has. Also more needs to be done on youth level. Fact of the matter is some of the supposed next generation names havent lived up to the hype (Verratti).

Im somewhat less pessimistic.

Mancini has experience with Balotelli when he was young and gave him opportunities at Man City. His Man City actually played attacking football in the league. They trashed SAF Utd for example. And Balotelli was MOM.

op82rkGfsKY

Balotelli actually considers Mancini a bit of a father figure. And i remember he said he only went to Man city because Mancini was coach. So it will be interesting to see if Balo gets his chance.

Mancini played for Italy during 84-94 so he knows the meaning of the national team and he has experience there.

His experience club level has ups and downs but Conte wasnt exactly amazing in CL either.

Mancini has given in his clubs younger players chance. Like i said Balotelli. He gave Santon his debut. Im sure there are other examples as well over the years. So he might actually start using some younger players.

The way things are its not like Italy was going to euros as contenders. And Mancini might not be coach by World Cup.

Btw people who say nothing will change and Italy will have problems next World Cup as well. Who ever they sign is not going to improve the roster Italy currently has. Also more needs to be done on youth level. Fact of the matter is some of the supposed next generation names havent lived up to the hype (Verratti).
Santon was a mourinho debutant.
Balotelli was Mancini

Mancini won because he had an inter side that was head and shoulders above what seria A had to offer at the time. Juve were rebuilding, Milan were getting too old, the roma clubs were meh..esp lazio.

Fine he won at man city. theres a reason why he's been irrelevant for years now.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Santon was a mourinho debutant.
Balotelli was Mancini

Mancini won because he had an inter side that was head and shoulders above what seria A had to offer at the time. Juve were rebuilding, Milan were getting too old, the roma clubs were meh..esp lazio.

Fine he won at man city. theres a reason why he's been irrelevant for years now.
Nowhere in my comment did i talk about league wins....

Ancelotti doesnt want it.
Conte looks like neither and he will continue playing Immobile and Zaza.

Ranieri you could argue fluke win with Leicester. Also he failed with Greece. Pretty old too now.

Who else is there?
Allegri & Spalletti dont want to leave their positions.

I think SInzaghi or Eusebio Di Fran arent ready to commit. Italy NT job has lot of pressure. Especially now. It can be a job which destroys your career.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.