Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing team, well organized and tough as nail. Their defence and pressing game is world class. On top of that they can keep the ball and know how to counter with lightning speed. As it stands now they will probably face Ivory Coast next round. How far can they go? Can they keep it up?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
they will go to the semis...they are out for blood...nwo style...heck , I can see mexico going all the way...heck even the usa will start to heat up...Portugal team is gonna get ousted by the us...this is reality for u folks

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
the rise of concacaf

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
mexico..usa and costa rica...all can play D and are tuff as nails....they wont back down from anyone!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Amazing team, well organized and tough as nail. Their defence and pressing game is world class. On top of that they can keep the ball and know how to counter with lightning speed. As it stands now they will probably face Ivory Coast next round. How far can they go? Can they keep it up?
I believe they created 1 chance (the goal) against Italy's world class defense. You might want to drop the word "amazing".

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe they created 1 chance (the goal) against Italy's world class defense. You might want to drop the word "amazing".
Their was the uncalled PK and numerous 1-1 counters.

Anyways, a country with barely 4 mil population and no footballing pedigree kicking out England and one of Italy/Paraguay is amazing whether you like it or not.

·
Administrator
29,407 Posts
And a few more chances actually. They werent a machine, but did the game plan just perfectly.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Their was the uncalled PK
That's all Chiellini letting the ball slip under his foot (and making the foul)

and numerous 1-1 counters.
that resulted in nothing

Anyways, a country with barely 4 mil population and no footballing pedigree kicking out England and one of Italy/Paraguay is amazing whether you like it or not.
Italy and Uruguay kicked England out, and Uruguay has a 3 million population. They got lucky with the draw, let them play Italy first and Uruguay as second and they get 0 points out of the games.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If anything we usually come with big expectations and fail to deliver when it matters. Costa Rica is like Chievo having a shot at the scudetto.

Try harder. Or better don't try at all.

·
Registered
42,475 Posts
Stanko [an Inter fan] was the one who created a thread discussing the possibility of Rudi Garcia's Roma going all the way and winning the Scudetto last season, and from what I recall, the majority of fans if not all maintained a realistic perspective throughout the season and deemed CL qualification to be their primary objective.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts