1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Of course there's little enthusiasm, the post-WC team still hasn't given much reason for optimism so far.

Mano desperately needs the team to perform, or he won't stay in the job much longer. But he seems to be grasping at straws and bowing to media pressure at every turn.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
...But hey, of course we should be optimistic! I hope Mano gets the team right and his unlikely mix of promising kids and veterans with something to prove finally clicks. I hope Ronaldinho finally awakens to both the responsibilities and the potential glory that this return to the NT can represent to him. I hope Damião hits the ground running and gets a convincing sequence of games for us, growing into the striker we've been looking for since Ronaldo's knee exploded and his waist decided to do the same. I hope Neymar grows into all he can be, a lethal forward tearing through the best defenses in the world. I hope the David Luiz-Thiago Silva partnership brings us a decade or more of glory, beginning in the next WC. I hope our leftback problem is solved, preferably by Cortes (but I'll be perfectly happy if Marcelo or Filipe Luis or someone else steps up too, just close that highway on our left side already). I hope Jefferson kicks Julio Cesar out of the first 11 and then closes Brasil's goal all the way to WC glory at the Maracana. I hope all those things because since Mano is taking two of my teams' best players to play Costa Rica in the middle of the f**king Brasilian league, he'd BETTER get his shit together and start justifying his continuity as manager.

In short, I hope we don't suck! :hopeful:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Here are the opening 11

Julio César; Fábio, David Luiz, Thiago Silva e Adriano; Ralf, Luiz Gustavo e Ronaldinho Gaúcho; Lucas, Neymar e Fred.

Mano wants to test some new options, he said, there is another game against Mexico, so we will see the others

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Like complete shit, but it seems the press is content with him walking the field if he pulls a couple of no look passes every match.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
1-0 win off a Neymar goal.

I saw most of the game, but eventually fell asleep.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Thats the natural order of things for those who didn't fight themselfs to stay awake viewing this game.

First half was really one of the worst i've seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts