Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chinese has so far looked overmatched in their preparation games, but I am sure Bora will have something cooked up for the Ticos:D

·
Registered
655 Posts
2-1 WE WIN the game :D :D :D

Chen Yang ,Haidong Hao will score :) ;)

LET'S wait and SEE;)

GO , THE RED ARMY :fero: :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
china will win if we are to see any success for us in the world cup.
ooutta all the matches, this is a must win it looks like to have any hopes of making it to next round.
i predict 2-1

very tough matches against uruguay and portugal in the proceedings to the world cup has slapped the chinese silly, and we'll be looking to slap some ourselves!
to bad costa is the ones who will get revenge on.
i think this is our way to get through:
win against costa
draw or win against turky
draw or lose to brazil.
then we're in for sure i reckon

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
hard to make a predict.we know too little about the team. im conservative but still to say a tie at least.Bora's their former manager who might design a detailed plan against the team. and dont forget another factor importantly.at that time the stadium just looks like chinese home.:D chinese fans would close in all around.who believes costa rican fans coming there a mass of.:D

my idea TIE at least.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think fans would have to do alot. chinese woudl feel at home i really think costa ricens would be outnumbered.

·
Registered
655 Posts
the game vs CR is the most important game for us , it's the only chance we get 3 pts ;) IMO, CR is stronger than us but as u say, we'r going to play a HOME game:D plus theMaGic Coach BORA nothing is impossible:)

C'mon THE RED ARMY:D

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
but i couldnt watch this match on live.:( it kicks off on the working time ( at next Tuesday afternoon) my boss hasnt given day off.:(

how about yours?

to my luck,i would not miss any of spanish matches.:D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
LIVING IN AUSTRALIA FINALLY PAYS OFF!!

in the same timezone as japan and korea.....do you know what that means??
*drum roll*
all the games are perfectly timed for me!!
4pm
6:30pm
9:30pm
hahaha
sorri for boasting
but with conditions like these after so many years watching world cup at midnight, i say muahahahah to you all!!

people living in china shouldnt have trouble at all.

THE RED ARMY!:fero:

dun wanna be a pain, but its sorta white!:howler:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
im sorry for your france.:( but i must say all the non-franch fans wish to see a surprise.;) i much more like to see Senegal win.:tongue:

wish my spain would not fall into the franch fate.:nervous:

well,the match on Tursday will kick off at 2pm.its a working time then but many ppl on work will get a chance to share the time in the office.many companies allow for that. today i heard of my colleagues joke.they suggested the boss say yes to male but not to female. ohhh...cant bear!:mad: soccer's male patent? :frustrat:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
the game starts at 11:30pm so i will be able to watch it LIVE... :D:D:D btw, costa rica is probably the only team that we could realistically beat...i expect to see china get all 3 points... :cool: and if we draw with turkey, we'll have 4 points..not bad... :)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i know costa rica is better then china
but china know this is the only game realistically they can get 3 points from so they'll be playing with all their might
therefore i think might lead to a win
which also i think everyone in group c has underestimated china so then gives china more opportunity

i got the game at 4pm!
wonderful!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
haha....:D

are you ready for the coming match?:D have you dated your friends in a bar or club? how many beers you wanna enjoy?:cool:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Milutinovic takes inspiration from Senegal

Saturday 1st June 2002

China coach Bora Milutinovic is hoping Senegal's stunning win over France can inspire his own side in the World Cup

"China cannot compare with Senegal because people forget that they reached the African Nations' final, and that shows their strength, but it shows what can be achieved," he said.

The Chinese play Costa Rica on Tuesday, but then face the mighty Brazil and Turkey in Group C. Milutinovic, however, says his side must approach the games with the confidence Senegal did.

"It is important that every player plays his part during a match," he said. "The team condition is superb at the moment and every one is prepared, but we must have confidence in ourselves and have a good attitude.

"I think we will get good results if we approach the matches in that fashion."

Milutinovic was also enthused by Senegal's powers of concentration against France, in what he described as the most exciting World Cup openers for years.

"Senegal played very well against France and that proved a team will get their rewards for not letting their guard down for 90 minutes," he said.

onefootball

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yea, i think if china just plays football. everyone plays their part. its good enough for me. that might just get a win by the way.

well this match to me isnt that important enough to watch it with friends. i'll watch it by myself probably.

but next saturday i am looking forward to brazil vs china!
defiently get a party going.
for its is saturday night, 9:30pm
so i can sleep in on sunday!
:howler:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
China-Costa Rica Preview

June 2, 2002

GAME: China vs. Costa Rica at Gwangju, South Korea.

GROUP: C

TIME: Tuesday, 2:30 a.m. EDT.

International coaching legend Bora Milutinovic leads China into its first World Cup when it takes on Costa Rica in the squads' Group C opener.

There has always been an intense following of soccer in China, but with the World Cup being held on the Asian continent for the first time, the pressure on the Chinese national team to gain a spot in the 32-nation field increased considerably.

The Chinese soccer federation called upon Milutinovic, known as the best builder of national soccer programs in the world. Milutinovic, a Serb, preached his defensive style, and the Chinese team responded throughout Asian qualifying.

The result has Milutinovic making a fifth consecutive trip to the World Cup and trying to coach an unprecedented fifth country into the second round.

``Our goal is to get a goal and four points,'' Milutinovic said of China's modest aspirations in group play. ``If we get that we will be very close to qualifying.''

Costa Rica was one of the countries once under Milutinovic's tutelage, as he guided the unheralded squad through group play in Italy in 1990. He also took Mexico to the quarterfinals in 1986, the United States to the second round in 1994 and Nigeria to the knockout round in 1998.

The Chinese do not have many high-profile players, though defender Fan Zhiyi has played for English side Crystal Palace and has been a standout member of the national team for almost a decade.

Up front, midfielders Li Tie and Qi Hong will have to control possession to maintain the defensive style Milutinovic desperately needs for his team survive group play. That approach will be particularly important against offensive powerhouse Brazil, also in Group C.

Hao Haidong is China's best forward, but Su Maozhen is considered among the best in the air on the Asian continent.

The emotions will run high for Costa Rican coach Alexander Guimaraes, the captain of the 1990 Costa Rican squad. That year marked the only other World Cup appearance for the Central American nation, which finished atop the CONCACAF region ahead of fellow participants Mexico and United States.

``Now we're sharing another World Cup experience but from different angles,'' Guimaraes said. ``We're both happy to be back on the field together.''

Costa Rica boasts a quality striker in Paulo Wanchope, who plays for recently promoted side Manchester City in England. Despite a knee injury that has limited his practice time in South Korea, Wanchope expects to find his space and finish scoring chances against what will be a flat four-man defense for China.

``I'm ready and the team's ready,'' he said.

Costa Rica's question marks are its defense and goalkeeper Erick Lonnis, who has struggled handling corners and crosses. The Costa Ricans will need 22-year-old defender Gilberto Martinez to show poise beyond his years and help keep the backline organized.

China continues its first World Cup by playing four-time champion Brazil on June 8, one day before Costa Rica matches up with Turkey.

HOW THEY QUALIFIED: China - Automatic berth; first in Asian Group B. Costa Rica - Automatic berth; first in CONCACAF region.

GOALKEEPERS: China - Jin Jiang, Qi An and Chuliang Ou. Costa Rica - Lonnis, Alvaro Mesen and Lester Morgan.

ALL-TIME WORLD CUP RECORDS: China - 0-0-0, 1st appearance. Costa Rica - 2-2-0, 2nd appearance.

And Obviously Costa Rica Wins this one..Sorry Bora..Time to start looking for another National Team forr 2006, for when this one is over China wont want part of you !!!! :dielaugh:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Tomorrow the game will play , hope we can have a good luck :)

Go, CHNE YANG , U R THE BEST in MY EYE forever:D

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
ahhhh....:happy:

another Yang fan!:cool: he's my fav he's so handsome.:sweeteye:

are u ok for watching? the match time is during the work hours. i have to get the lastest news from radio.cool and special but a bit regretful no video.:tongue:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
World Cup Preview: China-Costa Rica
China - Costa Rica | News Archive

Bora-looking to make the impossible possible again
06/03/2002. BACKGROUND

Wednesday will be a historic day for the World Cup as China are set to make their debut in the world's most important sporting event for the first time.

The country that counts the biggest population on this planet, and that has rested their hopes in the leadership and coaching qualities of world-traveller Bora MILUTINOVIC, is living a totally new experience, whose positive outcome could open extremely interesting frontiers for the sport.

In fact with around 1.3 billion people living on mainland China, there are immense possibilities of football's expansion under many aspects if the general Chinese population is able to fall in love with a sport that is a big unknown to most of them.

Therefore the 23 players of the Chinese squad have a very important mission to carry out, honour their country and attempt to make their grand population fall in love with the beautiful game.

In front of them the red out fit will find a Costarica side that hope to improve upon their Italia 90' second round birth, that they achieved with the guidance of Master Bora himself.

This time, coached by former Milutinovic pupil Alexandre Guimaraes, Los Ticos are out to prove they didn't place first in the CONCACAF qualifiers by chance.

LATEST TEAM NEWS

No injuries and suspensions on either side allow both coaches to field their preferred lineups.

PROBABLE LINEUPS-

China JIANG Jin, Sun Jihai, Fan Zhiyi, Li Weifeng, Wu Chengying, Li Xiaopeng, Li Tie, Qi Hong, Ma Mingyu, Hao Haidong, YANG Chen

Costa Rica Erick Lonnis -Harold Wallace, Luis Marin, Mauricio Wright, Gilberto Martinez, Carlos Castro; Wilmer Lopez, Mauricio Solis, Walter Centeno; Paulo Wanchope, Hernan Medford

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Yang Chen-Even though he didn't have a great season at Eintracht Frankfurt, Yang Chen is definitely the major offensive threat of the Chinese selection. Dominant on aerial balls and also very fast he'll test the sometimes shaky Costarican defense. Will be interesting to see if he recovered from the injury that kept him out throughout the second part of the 2. Bundesliga season.

Paulo Wanchope-A great season at Man City where he scored 11 goals in Div. 1 action was ruined by the injury he picked up a couple months back. He says he's fully fit again. Los Ticos must hope this is true.

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

These two teams never met in official competitions.

soccerage

1 - 20 of 30 Posts