Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is this dude? is he still injured or what? It's been like years that i haven't heard anything about him, he used to be my favorite Romanian player.:(

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do u think that he's gonna get back into atletico's first 11? because if i remember correctly he wasn't too well with the coach there...

·
Registered
16,299 Posts
DannY_B said:
do u think that he's gonna get back into atletico's first 11? because if i remember correctly he wasn't too well with the coach there...
I´m sure he´ll get there in no time. Although he wasn´t at his best in Atletico he was one of the best of the team.

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
if I'm not wrong, Atletico changed coaches. Now, the new coach is looking forward to have Cosmin in the team. I hope he plays him in the Right back position.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:
if I'm not wrong, Atletico changed coaches. Now, the new coach is looking forward to have Cosmin in the team. I hope he plays him in the Right back position.

There is an article in today's edition of Gazeta Sporturilor which mentions that Cosmin is back to 100% after a 5-month abscense due to injury. He will play soon.....Great news for Romanian NT!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Does he still play well for Atletico? Last I heard of him was that hattrick against Lux and since he has been in the background. :confused:

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
The last season wasn´t very good for Cosmin, but I think that this year can be good for him. Moreover, his new coach trust him. Contra is the best right back of Spanish football with Salgado and Daniel Alves (Sevilla).

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
personnally, i find salgado crap and i think that cosmin is a better player then him. the thing that i like most about contra is his aggressivity and his speed. when he's on fire he's like r.carlos,he's unstopable.
btw great news that he's back,hope he'l start playing the next game for atletico :happy:

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
Salgado was crap for years. But I have to say that the last season he was the best at his position. Contra at 100% (like he played with Alaves) is the best.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:
I like Salgado a lot, probably because I managed to watch him play only lately.
I think very, very highly of Salgado. In my opinion he is slightly better than R. Carlos. When Roberto attacks, he is unstoppable. He might have the most powerful shot in the world, but he is a defender. He can tackle, pass and mark very well, but if he is playing a forward then he doesn't really have anybody to mark and tackle. Roberto Carlos should be a left midfielder, he is better suited to it, whereas Salgado is great attacking but is aware of his role in defence. I have often seen Zidane come back to cover Carlos' gap in defence, which is bad.

-----------Casillas------------
-Salgado--Ruben---Pavon--Bravo-
-Figo-Beckham--Zidane-R.Carlos-
--------Raul---Ronaldo---------

Contra is more like Salgado. Very good defensively, and very good when he is needed for attack. I haven't seen Daniel Alves though.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i find Contra better suited in a 3-5-2 formation because he's good to very good offensively but average to good defensively. in a 4-4-2 he should probably play right midfielder.
btw i noticed that cosmin had problems with coaches ever since he left alaves...i hope that he wont have any probs so he could be even better.

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
DannY_B said:
i find Contra better suited in a 3-5-2 formation because he's good to very good offensively but average to good defensively. in a 4-4-2 he should probably play right midfielder.
btw i noticed that cosmin had problems with coaches ever since he left alaves...i hope that he wont have any probs so he could be even better.

that's right. Cosmin is a pure Right back. He plays better in a 3 men defense where he is given the freedom to run on the Right flank freely. That's one of the reasons I prefere the systems with 3 defenders.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
------------Lobont-------------
----Contra--Radoi--Chivu-------
-Dumitru-Ghioane--Codrea-Mitea-
------------Pancu--------------
------------------Mutu---------
-------Bratu/Niculae-----------

???????? :confused:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Raven said:

I like your formation, but I'm not sure about Dumitru...
Also the way things are going with Niculaie and his injuries, other players such as Ilie will have a higher chance to play in his place, in attack....even Ganea or Zicu....

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Ganea= yes, Zicu= no. We already have Zicu in our team but 5 times better. Adrian Mutu. We need a physical target-man like Moldovan was and Niculae is. :( So what was that about us having plenty of strikers? :rolleyes: :eek:

I couldn't think of anybody else than Dumitru for the right. He is the one who is playing there now anyway. :rolleyes: We could put Codrea on the right and Stoica, Sinmartean, Dica, Cernat or *shudders* Munteanu in centre midfield. Or we could play 4-4-2 with Stoican in defence and Contra in midfield and forget the whole thing. :)

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
Raven said:

No Raven. That´s how Contra plays well:

----------------GK---------------------
-------DF------DF---------DF--------
Contra----MF-----MF---------LB---
----------------PM--------------------
-----------FW------FW---------------

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
GICA said:
No Raven. That´s how Contra plays well:

----------------GK---------------------
-------DF------DF---------DF--------
Contra----MF-----MF---------LB---
----------------PM--------------------
-----------FW------FW---------------
originally posted by lupisor lupetto
He plays better in a 3 men defense
This is what I understood. What I think, is that Contra should play right midfield with Dumitru or Stoican right back.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i remember when contra played as a right CB in a 3 man defence for romania against luxembourg when he scored a hattrick i think. playing him as the right CB IN a 3man defence against good teams with good attacking players would be overkill imo.

Bratu is a tall, physical, technical, speedy target man, i think he's the man to be put in the ''virful'' of our attack.:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts