Xtratime Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
23,226 Posts
I wonder if there'll be any footballers that will have to retire due to the virus. Permanent lung damage seems to occur sometimes even in "mild" cases that don't require hospitalization.

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
I was thinking about that. I've read that there are otherwise healthy cases which report shortness of breath or breathing problems after recovery. Permanent lung scarring seems to be a common effect.

It clearly isn't "just the flu". Also, is it true that healthcare workers take more damage from the virus than normal folks? I'm not talking about how many contract it but the effect of the virus on the body. Does it mean long term exposure make things much worse? This is strange to me.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Belarus league still on.

Said their president, "
"[Coronavirus] is just another psychosis, which will benefit some people and harm others," he said last week. "The civilised world is going nuts. It is absolute stupidity to close state borders. The panic can hurt us more than the virus itself."

To add to that, he suggested that instead of panicking "like those in Western Europe," one should have 40-50 grams of vodka daily, go to a banya [Russian sauna] two to three times a week and keep working on a farm, as "tough work and a tractor can cure anything."

:D

·
1st Tier Poster
49,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It clearly isn't "just the flu". Also, is it true that healthcare workers take more damage from the virus than normal folks? I'm not talking about how many contract it but the effect of the virus on the body. Does it mean long term exposure make things much worse? This is strange to me.
what's strange about it?

your immune system constantly tries to kill off the virus inside your cells...if you get a steady stream of new virus particles coming in from outside then it makes things more difficult for the immune system if it hasn't yet built up resistance (that is, enough antibodies in your organism)

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Of course you're right and I'm not disputing the logic, lol. I guess it's because I'm used to things like the normal flu where you get the symptoms within a day or two and know when you're ill. In their case, they're exposing themselves for much longer and by the time they know they're ill, they can get wrecked.

·
inbred amoeba
3,667 Posts
At least three of the Bulgarian league teams are in the process of dissolving according to a well informed sports news portal. Even if the league resumed in May it will probably have only 11 teams playing, and one of those will be using almost only youth team players as the majority of the first squad had their contracts terminated.

Most of the poorer leagues are in the same shitty situation I suppose...

·
inbred amoeba
3,667 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts