Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
48,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

seems unlikely that Serie A, EPL, La Liga or even UCL could continue their seasons now.

There was a rumor on social media yesterday that European associations have asked UEFA to postpone Euro2020 to maybe continue league seasons in summer. Probably not much truth in it. But having Euro2020 this year looks quite unlikely too now. I guess it will become Euro2021. Hopefully the Olympics will take place at least.

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
But elderlies like football too!

I know I could use me some EPL this weekend. I understand the decision if the cancel/postpone and it's 99% the right one and a grain of sand in an universe of huge problems... but I'll miss my fix.

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Hudson Odoi is sick too.

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Not yet.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Of course we gonna die jonny. I mean, everyone gonna die eventually FFS. The evidence is OVERWHELMING and COMPELLING.

On another note, even if folks catch this, the VAST majority of people recover and even more if you are a healthy person under 50. It is aged folks that are most at risk....just like the flu.

·
Administrator
52,477 Posts

·
inbred amoeba
3,449 Posts
RPL will probably suspend Russian Premier League after this round.

In other news, there are huge concerns over the capacity of smaller clubs to survive their cash flow disruption due to the suspended leagues.

So, indeed, it might well come true that #CoronaEndedModernFootball :( , as we might see many new clubs after sporting life resumes and/or change of control over many traditional clubs (other than German ones, where the shareholders structure seems to be the only one adapted to situations like this one).

·
Registered
41,017 Posts
What is happening in Sweden, I think it is? Some of the names sound Swedish anyway. They're playing a bunch of International friendlies, some right now and for the last few days.

Are they behind closed doors?

·
Registered
43,759 Posts
The Atalanta-Valencia CL match is now being called "Game Zero" because it's believed to be the early catalyst for the spread in Lombardy. A journalist from Valencia is also believed to have spread the virus to Valencia players and fans.

@Los Che Forever

1 - 20 of 27 Posts