Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm genuinely struggling to remember the last time we scored, or hit the target... or even do anything useful from a corner.

It either hits the first man on the front post, or gets headed about 80 yards back into our own half. We are seriously AWFUL at corners, and it seems such a waste. Especially considering the danger they can potentially pose to the opposition.

So what's wrong? they're all professional footballers... Giggs, Ronaldo, Scholes, G.Neville should all be able to take a good corner with their eyes shut.

I can't see where the aerial problem is either, we have plenty of players over 6foot.

At the very LEAST we could take a short corner to c.Ronaldo and then just let him dribble his way into the box and try to do something.

It irritates me that we're so wasteful from corners!

:confused: :nono:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Giving it short to Ronnie/Rooney, is not a bad idea. It would work, and if he did not get a goal through a shot/deflection/pass, he could easily get a penalty.
We saw that against the saints when Keano scored from a short corner:D, so hopefully they try it a bit more, because like you said we are ****ing shite in that department.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
We should get Teddy back! when the corner taker just sort of chipped it too near the corner of the box and he fired one with his right foot. Oh those were the days, god bless Teddy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our conversion rate oof corners seem to be very low. CR has got a good header but they never let him use that. Rooney can really fire the rebounds in too.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
we suck at them and y o y do we do short corners they never work!!!!!!! :nono: :boxing:
northern ireland suck at corners 2 and also do short corners it reali pisses me off as nearly ever team i support suck at corners!!!!

:nono: :nono:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Giggs can't take a corner to save his life. I've never understood this, but it is so. Becks was a great corner taker and when we were at our peak this ability was lethal.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I'm suprised no one has mentioned Scholesy falling on his jacksy in the San Siro yet. Priceless.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The last time I remember us scoring from a corner is the home game against Liverpool when I think Silvestre scored twice from corners. But yes, we are absolutely dire at corners and set pieces in general (excluding PK's). When was the last time we scored from a free kick?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts