Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come none made a topic about it?

Anyway, I´m so happy that they signed Passarela, now I´m dead sure that their little project will never go off the ground. They could have not made a worse decision.

The man that ****ed Argentina :happy:

Hahahahaha I just wonder what Zé has to say :jester: :howler: :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not so fast my friend. Pasarella is actually a good tactician. Even during his playing days, he was the tactician for his team. The problem he had with Argentina was he himself. He is the same breed as Bielsa. They are both good tacticians and they are both very competitive. Being an Argie, I know that is not surprising because we are really competitive people. We hate losing and even worse we are afraid of losing. That is the problem with Pasarella and Bielsa. They are afraid of losing and that made them too stubborn to change their system. They stuck with the same teams which provided victories to them and they were too afraid to test new tactics and new players. This was the reason for their failure with Argentina.

Take a look at Pasarella's record as Argentina NT. In WC 1994, Pasarella and Argentina were crusing smoothly in the tournament - beating every team in the group stage without having to sweat - until Maradona was kicked out of the tournament. Argentina challenge fell apart after that incident because the system was ruined and Pasarella didn't have a backup plan. The same can be said about Argentina challenge in WC 1998 too. To me, Pasarella is a good club coach but not a good NT coach. His style is more suited for league tournament not cup tournament.

Therefore, it is wrong for you to base your opinion on Pasarella by his record with Argentina because that is not an appropriate measurement. Just look at Emerson Leao, Wanderly Luxemburgo and Frank Rijkaard, they are all good coaches but they have all tested failure as head coaches for their NTs.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA :howler:

dictator

he just sticks to a system, like you said no B plan. Plus he is a hard ass, giving a hard time for Batigol and all, which is just stupid in my opinion.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zé volta pro forum SUA PUTA

·
Registered
83 Posts
Liternit said:
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA :howler:

dictator

he just sticks to a system, like you said no B plan. Plus he is a hard ass, giving a hard time for Batigol and all, which is just stupid in my opinion.
There's nothing to laugh my friend. If you reread my post and try to understand it, you'll realize that I'm the one who should be having a laugh. I'm perfectly aware that this is your turf so I'm willing to ignore your childish remark but at the same time I'm not gonna take your bullshit.

In my previous post, I never said Pasarella was a good NT coach. That was very clear in my post. However, I made a mistake regarding the WC 1994. It was Alfio Basile the then coach not Pasarella. Regardless of who the then Argentina coach, Pasarella's achievement as a coach should not be completely ignored because he has won several titles as a coach. The man posseses a good record as a coach. In fact, he should be credited for building a good Argentina sides in Olympic 1996 and WC 1998 which later became the core for Bielsa's squad.

There's nothing wrong with being a hard ass. Heck, Carlos Bianchi who is the master of Copa Libertadores is also known as a strict disciplinarian. How about Scolari? He is also a hard ass and he is lucky. Had he not won the WC title, he would be slaughtered for ignoring the Brasilian public plea to take Romario to the WC. Would you call Bianchi and Scolari stupid too?

I admit Pasarella also has his weakness which is he is too one dimensional to be a NT coach but many coaches are also one dimensional. Mario Zagallo was also a one dimensional coach. The reason Brasil managed to reach the final in WC98 was not because of Zagallo's brilliant tactic. It was because of Ronaldo's sheer brilliance which helped Brasil to reach the final.

All in all, Pasarella is definitely a good coach. He is just not suited to coach a national team but you should realize that coaching a national side is completely different from coaching a club side. Emerson Leao, Wanderley Luxemburgo, Frank Rijkaard and Alex Ferguson are just few examples of good coaches who aren't good to coach a national side.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was laughing with the remark of ivanclay, are you okay?

I just think Passarela is a stuburn coach, he will always try his way and will never realise its wrong. If he gets it right first it might work.

On a side note, Tevez had a fight with Carlos Alberto! They traded punches I think, after Tevez made a harsh tackle in trainning in one of the youngsters Carlos Alberto went on to warn him and a fight broke out :)

trouble in paradise

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Liternit said:

I just think Passarela is a stuburn coach, he will always try his way and will never realise its wrong. If he gets it right first it might work.

On a side note, Tevez had a fight with Carlos Alberto! They traded punches I think, after Tevez made a harsh tackle in trainning in one of the youngsters Carlos Alberto went on to warn him and a fight broke out :)

trouble in paradise
Is there a clip about the fight??? Or at least photos?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drito no :(

that would be sweet as hell hehe, I just saw it in todays paper. Seems Teves is playing it down, so is Carlos Alberto. If I find a link to the news I´ll post it

·
Registered
83 Posts
Liternit said:

trouble in paradise
If that's the case, I'm ok. Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

Tevez is an argie and he is a little hot-headed too. However, I think he should be more respectful towards his team mates. Afterall, he is gonna need them on the pitch.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don´t think he started, mind you Carlos Alberto is carioca (from rio city)..... :hide:

probably going to pay hell from saying that here hehe

·
Registered
933 Posts
What about Sabella (or something like this)?

Apparently he will be Passarella's assistant manager at Corinthians. Is he any good?

Although I am not a big fan of Passarella I think hiring him was a good thing for the Brazilian football as we need foreign coaches to inject new ideas into our football.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Although I am not a big fan of Passarella I think hiring him was a good thing for the Brazilian football as we need foreign coaches to inject new ideas into our football.
...brazilian football don't need any NEW idea, and less from Passarella, I have mix feelings with him, and I hated the way he treated the awesome 98 Gallardo and Batistuta, and is the man responsible of PIOJO LOPEZ!!!!!, I will never forgive that, one thing is sure, the world NEEDS BADLY a PLAYER like him. as coach I don't like his book, as player is one of my idols...

·
Registered
933 Posts
In general the Brazilian coaches are outdated and lack contact with foreign ideas. This is why I think Passarella may be good for our football. But I would have preferred if Corinthians had hired Bianchi or some other better Argentine coach.

By the way, I read somewhere that Passarella is very popular in Uruguay (he managed their national team some years ago).

Fangio said:
...brazilian football don't need any NEW idea, and less from Passarella, I have mix feelings with him, and I hated the way he treated the awesome 98 Gallardo and Batistuta, and is the man responsible of PIOJO LOPEZ!!!!!, I will never forgive that, one thing is sure, the world NEEDS BADLY a PLAYER like him. as coach I don't like his book, as player is one of my idols...

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
This is not true. Brazilian coaches are not outdated. THere is of course those like Joel Santana, Antonio Lopes, Nelsinho, etc who are good for nothing. But we have a good knowledge of all that is needed to play footbal, right now a more open minded aproach to tatics and defense and physical preparation, organization (not club organization btw), are all among the tops in the world. That is the great gift of Parreira to us.

I do not mind Passarella, it all seems a lack of option, a marketing (Passarella is a great name of Footbal story, one of the pages of this book is just his) and a vision of Corinthians partner that seems twisted into Argentina direciton.
As a coach Passarella is really not a big deal. Not actually many titles, not much to say, long time away from real challenges, not very keen into brazilian footbal...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Liternit said:
I don´t think he started, mind you Carlos Alberto is carioca (from rio city)..... :hide:

probably going to pay hell from saying that here hehe
Carlos Alberto's problem isn't with being carioca, it's with not being very bright. ;)

There are a couple of potentially-troublesome egoes in Corinthians' new squad, like Carlos Alberto, Roger and Tevez... but they're also excellent players, and if the equally-hotheaded Edmundo-Roberto Carlos-Djalminha-Antonio Carlos mix worked for Palmeiras, I see no reason why this group can't work for Corinthians. Their team is still in development, but the talents they're gathering are undeniably impressive.

I'm just a bit curious about Corinthians signing Mascherano, Tevez and Seba... isn't there a 2-foreigner limit in Brazil? Or was that rule changed and I just missed it?

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I don't know if Corinthians needs a def mid, but certainly in my opinion Mascherano he is the best argie youngster by far, and is begining to taste the flavour of marking goals and assist. Then in the offensive Messi has everything to shine, if he matures corretcly, what means improving his game and not leaving the amateur spirit...But Carlitos and Adriano (sorry this one off topic, but both are similar in their attitude and some aspects of their game) break my nerves too much easily, due to their strength and talent they think they are more than they actually are, and mostly can be, they are far from finish articles...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Garrincha said:
I'm just a bit curious about Corinthians signing Mascherano, Tevez and Seba... isn't there a 2-foreigner limit in Brazil? Or was that rule changed and I just missed it?
Maybe Mercosul players don't count as foreigners.

Ivan

·
Registered
933 Posts
This limit was up to 2 players in the matchday and up to 3 in the whole squad.

However on December 27th 2004 the rule was changed and now is up to 3 in the matchday and up to 3 in the whole squad.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts