Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

What can i say.... Citadini with no money is giving us some good signings considering our financial capabilities... I actually think he is doing magic. the guy is becoming famous for making useful teams with no money. Thumbs up for him;)

Now all we need is to sign Mota from Cruzeiro and Lucio from the pigs and we have a complete team , making a very strong squad. Only Cruzeiro are gonna have a stronger squad than us in brazil;)

Probable starting line up will be:

1. Fabio Costa

2. Angelo 3. Anderson 4. Marquinhos 6. Lucio

5. Rogerio 8. Rincon (c)

11. Rodrigo

7. Marcelo Ramos 9. Mota 10. Gil

Plus the SUBS;) :

12. Rubinho

13. Coelho 14. ? 15. ? 16. Julinho

17. Fabricio 18.?

20. Dinelson 21. Adrianinho

22. Regis Pitbull 23. Samir 24. R. Silva

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
They got a tough responsibility too early
and it wasn´t easy to succeed in a depleted team like Corinthians
but still with they right nuturing,starting off as back-up or complement to someone more mature
and with some midfield back-up
they have the talent to be the revealations of 2004

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
U seem to like players like Luizao and Mota :)
Btw wasn´t Mota going abroad
Who will carry the midfield in playmaking?
Isn´t that the main problem of Corinthians 2003?
Who is this Rodrigo?

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He started causing problems with an inflated ego and Rivelino let him go:( ;)

Rodrigo is a playmaker that used to play with Gama in 98 and took them up to the first division. Then he went to Botafogo and was wondering in Everton having injury problems. Now he is back.

He will be responsible for the playmaking with Adrianinho being his shadow together with Dinelson. Never seen Dinelson play, but Neto said he will turn out to be a brilliant player;)

Of course i like players like Luizao and Mota.... they put the ball in the back of the net with no fuss;) :cool: Killer instinct;) :cool:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Corinthians will be a fiasco again. The signings are a joke (except for Fabio Costa and maybe two or three players I don't know but can surprise) and the coach has no tactical sense, no command over his players, and no experience.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Actually, I think that Corinthians made very decent signings. The only oen that can compete IMO (talking about signings of course) is Sao Paulo and Cruzeiro.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Dinelson and Rafael Silva: bench options at Guarani
Samir: bench at Vitoria
Rincón: two years without playing, four years without REALLY playing
Rodrigo: one year without playing, didn't impress me when he played for Atlético. Great free kick taker, but can't create one play
Régis: not even Vasco wanted him
Julinho: no one knows
Marcelo Ramos and Adrianinho: decent signings
Fábio Costa: great signing

Their coach sucks, their defense is still one of the worst around, they lack a player with speed in their midfield. IMO, they are much worse than Santos and São Paulo and worse than São Caetano and Palmeiras today.

And no, this is not revenge against Ze. It's my opinion.

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
I think that "baciada" of Corinthias was not a big deal as well. For sake, Rincon...:rolleyes:
Almost like Atletico-MG...

But I am sure, if anyone is expecting Rodrigo to be a playmaker i will laugh. He is a kicker. That is all. Fast and kick. Kick and kick. His passing is bellow average, not a great tatical player...Seems like the deal with Corinthians is get 10 to see if 3 work...

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Dinelson and Rafael Silva: bench options at Guarani
Samir: bench at Vitoria
Rincón: two years without playing, four years without REALLY playing
Rodrigo: one year without playing, didn't impress me when he played for Atlético. Great free kick taker, but can't create one play
Régis: not even Vasco wanted him
Julinho: no one knows
Marcelo Ramos and Adrianinho: decent signings
Fábio Costa: great signing

Their coach sucks, their defense is still one of the worst around, they lack a player with speed in their midfield. IMO, they are much worse than Santos and São Paulo and worse than São Caetano and Palmeiras today.

And no, this is not revenge against Ze. It's my opinion.
Dinelson is a huge prospect.
marcelo Ramos and Adrianinho are good players.
So is Rodrigo.
Fabio costa is great.
Regis was one of Vasco's best players, and they WERE trying to renew his contract!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Dinelson is not a huge prospect for me.
Marcelo Ramos and Adrianinho are average players, like Rodrigo if he's fit.

About Regis, take a look:

http://placar.abril.com.br/aberto/clubes/vasco/122003/122003_215047.shtml

"Na entrevista em que anunciou a contratação do técnico Geninho, nesta segunda-feira, o presidente Eurico Miranda revelou que os jogadores que têm seu contrato encerrado com o Vasco em 31 de dezembro serão dispensados do clube.

Embora tenha dado a entender que o técnico terá carta branca para implantar seu método de trabalho, Eurico divulgou a informação antes mesmo da primeira reunião com Mauro Galvão, que terminou comandando a equipe no Brasileiro e fará parte da futura comissão técnica.

“Sai todo mundo que terá o contrato encerrado no final do ano”, disse Eurico. Automaticamente, o dirigente incluiu na caravela vascaína os laterais Alex Silva e Victor Boleta, o zagueiro Henrique, o volante Da Silva e o atacante Régis, todos titulares durante grande parte da competição."

Maybe after that Vasco regret this decision and tried to renew his contract. I'm just posting this to show that I didn't invent anything.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Saying dinelson is a HUGE prospect is way too much . Jesus , he had a FEW good games , playing for GUARANI , and that´s it !

He is a nice prospect , even tough he couldn´t stick in guarani´s first 11.

Yes , Neto said he will be huge . Neto also said Martinez was the best DM of the country . :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well
Dinelson didn´t make it into Brazil U17 squad
but still he is one of the few 17 year olds that
got playing time in Brasileiro 2003

Rafael Silva had a good streak with 5 goals in 9 games from start
and he could provide more power to the attack
which is what I think they need.

The key problem is probably playmaking.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bobby Cock,

Man, we were owing R$ 10 million in the start of December with only having the prospect of signing Dimba, and now we signed a whole full sqaud. How can we complain about that?

I've never seen Dinelson play, but I trust NEto's words.... he would never sent him to Corinthians if he din't put faith in him. Neto understands loads of football;)

And Rodrigo may not be Rivaldo, but at least he is better than Renato. Also, confirming MOtta up front and Lucio as a left back working with Gil we will not depend so much on him.

Marcelo Ramos is an ok player taht ALWAYS scores his goals. RIncon will just be the leader of the pack. Ok he is finished, but he will lead the kids.

And our defense is very good.... Marquinhos will soon play for Brazil and Anderson is a butcher that frightens other forwards.:tongue:

And Regis is in the bench.

Btw Bobby Cock, it is rumuored that Valdson is coming:tongue: ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Valdson once showed potential to become an NT player, but he lost his focus and his career went astray. However, technically he's a very good player who would improve Corinthians' mediocre defense 150%.

About the rest... I honestly will only believe Rincon is back when I see it. I think he's there just as a "teacher" for all the youngsters Corinthians had to promote to the 1st team so hastily.

Rodrigo, if in form, is above average. The problem is that it has been three years or more since the last time he was truly in form... :mute: But hey, I personally sympathize with Rodrigo so I hope he does very well in the Timão. :thumbsup: :)

Marcelo Ramos and Adrianinho were decent signings who should step into the first team. Regis Pitbull is strong and reasonably fast, and that's it - but Corinthians doesn't have anyone much better right now so he will most probably be useful. And Fabio Costa was, of course, the best signing.

Now... saying that 'only Cruzeiro has a stronger team' is just delusional. Like the "superteam" fiasco from a few months back. :rolleyes: Clearly Cruzeiro and Santos still are the strongest Brazilian teams, and São Paulo is also stronger than Corinthians.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Garrincha,

Squad is different than Team.

Corinthians defense is not mediocre. It's quite good... specially if we sign Lucio today.. then we have a top class defense;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ok , saying Marquinhos is NT level would have shocked me if it didn´t came from the same guy who said Fabricio was going to be seleção´s DM in no time .
I didn´t really liked valdson when I saw him playing for Flamengo.
It seems they just signed Careca , a DM which played the third division this year for Santo Andre .

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ivan,

he's played in every amateur level. And he will develop into a Brazil NT team defender. May not get first team, but I can guarantee you he is squad material;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts