Xtratime Community banner

Corgon Liga 2011/2012

4K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Kajoo 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I will go on record as saying I cannot see anyone other than Slovan winning the Liga. Which is absolutely fine as they offer Slovakia the best chance on the European level - even though that may not mean much.

I would like to see Košice make a return to top-half form. Money appears to be an issue though. That is the case almost everywhere, I suppose.

#3 ·
Does anyone know when the lower league fixtures will follow? I'm in Wien probably the weekend of August 20th and certainly will catch a match in Slovakia that's why :).
Our main match we want to visit is the Wien-derby, that one is placed on August 21st.

Do you guys have any advice for Friday (is there football on Friday in Slovakia?) and / or Saturday football in Slovakia? :)

Thanks in advance.

#10 ·
I see it's very exciting in the league actually, the first five are within just three points from eachother while at the bottom it will be between DAC and Tatran Presov.

I think it's likely Slovan will recover now their European adventure is over? Can't see Senica and Zlate Moravce hold on to the end but Trnava and Zilina can fight for the title too I think.

We'll restart not before the fourth weekend of February...

#13 ·
Hey Guys!

i am trying to get an overview about defensive midfielders from leagues i don't know that much. unfortunately, this includes your league .

anyway, you guys can help me turn things around. i'm interested in defensive midfielders, or to be precise: which actors are the most impressing in your league and why (like stamina/ offensive/defensive qualities, ball control and so on).

i'm looking forward to your opinions and answers and hope to get to know your league a little bit better than i do right now.

best wishes

#14 ·
Hi, welcome here :)

Corgonliga´s best DM´s was imo Karim Guedé who just moved from Slovan to Freiburg, and will be replaced by Kamil Kopunek who returned from Bari (Serie B) - Kopunek is the dude who scorer gwg vs Italy in 2010 World Cup. Anothe Slovan´s DM is czech Jiří Kladrubský who joined Slovan before this season from Sparta Praha. Slovan actually loaned Mário Pečalka from Hapoel Tel Aviv who can play both CM and DM.

Another above average Corgonliga´s DM is ageing Miroslav Karhan who returned to his native Spartak Trnava before this season from Mainz. Trnava´s another DM is Marek Kaščák who joined Trnava from Sigma Olomouc.

Vion´s DM is Milan Pavlovič, late bloomer who spent most of his career in minor leagues. Interesting is that Vion´s CB Marek Janečka was loaned to 2nd Bundesliga (Hansa Rostock) where he is projected to be DM, no idea how this experiment turns out.

MŠK Žilina: Viktor Pečovský
One of the most controversial move of last summer involved DM Viktor Pečovský who moved from Dukla Banska Bystrica to MŠK Žilina. Pečovský was member of slovakian U19 bronze team from European Championship (2002, Norway) and icon of Dukla BB. Seen him to play vs Benfica in 2004 and he bossed the midfield for good 60 minutes, but got little support from his team-mates and BB lost 0:3. Never understood why he never moved to better league, he got wasted there in Dukla.

Dukla B.Bystrica´s current DM is Jakub Brašeň.
Tatran Prešov - Peter Lipták. Prešov just got on 6-months loan Štefan Zošák from MFK Žilina.

Before this season, MFK Košice lost DM Robert Cicman (Slavia), while Kamil Kuzma wanted to leave (apparently Slovan and Zilina were interested) but then he decided to extend. One of the better league´s DM.

Ružomberok got 19yo DM Richard Lásik from Brescia on 6 months loan during winter transfer window.

DAC D.Streda - Jaroslav Hílek

AS Trenčín - Aldo Baez (Argentina), Vojtech Horváth, Lukáš Ďuriška

Senica - Tomáš Strnad (Czech rep.)

Nitra - Miloš Šimončič, Igor Držík

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.